Thread: German Shepherd & English Shepard mix

German Shepherd & English Shepard mix

We are looking for a puppy to add to our family! We have found one that is a german shepherd & english shepherd mix but we haven't seen it yet. Can anyone give any suggestions or recomendations for this type of dog? Does anyone have any pictures of a dog like this or know of any health problems this dog may face in the future?

I don't have one, but I know shepherds can be prone to hip displaysia, so I'd have the vet check his/her hips just in case. No other suggestion healthwise, and as for looks - fuzzy and adorable! And you never know whether the ears will end up up like a German Shepherd, or floppy like the English, and size-wise, it's anyone's guess. But you do know this will be a very smart dog, so be prepared to keep him or her busy, and start with training day one, while the pup is still small.

A tired pup is a well-behaved pup - if pups of either of these breeds are not given things to do, they'll make up their own activities, including chewing the furniture! A smart dog can be a nightmare as a puppy, if you are not prepared. DO hide all the shoes where the pup cannot get them!
    I've Been Frosted