Thread: Any Suggestions?

Any Suggestions?

Knowing that people here have experienced just about everything with their kids I thought I'd checked here first for advise/suggestions.

Miss Stubby (she's a Manx) aka Miss Kitty seems to have a constipation issue. Just a few minutes ago I found her trying to remove a couple of ROCK HARD balls of pooh from her bottom. I tired to help her and noticed that her butt hole was red, swollen & a bit bloody.

The entire household of cats (11) eats Hills Science Diet dry food and she seems to be the only on with this issue. Any suggestions/advise?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Help support ferals

Sadly, Manx are prone to such issues. Try adding some canned pumpkin in with her food.
    I've Been Frosted

If you can get her alone, you can offer her a bit of canned food with psyllium (unflavored Metamucil) fiber supplement and a bit of extra water mixed in. It's been shown to be safe for cats, and Smudge is a lot more comfy for it! But then, he dislikes pumpkin, and quite a few cats seem to enjoy it (some even like it straight up).

Love, Columbine

Thank you for your suggestions. I had thought of giving her some butter or mixing some cooking oil with the wet food. Pumpkin makes sense for it's fiber. I'll give it a try. Again, thank you!
    Help support ferals

Yes this is very true & good advice.. Also you might feed her some wet food every so often.. She is so Adorable.. Post more pics please
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Sadly, Manx are prone to such issues. Try adding some canned pumpkin in with her food.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Also, two of the vets at the clinic I go to tell me that cats must have some wet food every day. I give mine 1/8 of a small can each, mixed with a bit of warm water and Omega 3-6 oil.

The point is, oil aside, is to get some moisture into her diet.

I hope she responds soon and feels better!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I use the pouches of wet food (slices in gravy) - Pinot gets only dry Science Diet in the A.M. and about a third of a pouch of the wet food mixed in the dry food P.M. meal.

I would get Ms Stubby into your Vets ASAP , as that could be the sign of something thats really wrong.
    Is Ms Stubby a young Cat?
    You could get a few cans of Hills Vet Formula Canned , I am sure that they have aformula, that will help.
    And check Cats Constipation on Google!
    Good Luck with Ms Stubby, and please keep us informed.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

AWWWWW Miss Kitty is such a beautiful cat. In my opinion I would call the vet to see if her condition warrants a visit or ask if there is something you can do for her poor widdle sore bunny butt.

I was also going to advise you to give her wet food. I give my guys and little girl about a tablespoon of wet food every night.

Prayers on the way that Miss Kitty starts to feel better very soon.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Thank you all for your suggestions. Much appreciated!

I haven't tried the pumpkin yet (haven't had the $ or time to get it ) I have tried the moist food. As columbine suggested, I had to get Miss Kitty alone in the bathroom to give her her dish so she wouldn't be accosted by the other heathens! Amazing how cats react to the sound of a can opening, even if it's not cat food! Anyone would think we don't feed them!

At anyrate, Miss Kitty seems to be doing better. Haven't seen any red but or hard pooh. I want to try to get more mosit food that is in sauce and keep her 'regular'.

Thank you also for the compliments on Miss Kitty. She is a cutie patootie, but she can be bully as well! She was left behind when a family moved and she sort of adopted us. The same with PK Kitty. He's big bull dog of a cat if that's possible. Big broad chest. One of the biggest cat's I've seen and one of the sweetest ones too. We wonder if he and Miss Kitty are related. The have similar markings, 'cep he has a tail and she doesn't...

Again, thank you all!

God Bless,
    Lori Be.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PK.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	42002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miss Kitty aka Stubby.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	42003  
    Help support ferals

YUP, that is one big cat you have there.

Both PK and Miss Kitty are gorgeous and I'm so happy to hear that she is feeling better. I know when I am constipated, I'm not a happy camper. LOL.

It wouldn't hurt to give your other cats some wet food also. That way they won't be jealous of Miss Kitty getting it all.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Yeah we do give the other kids a bit, but Missy Kitty gets hers first.
    Help support ferals