Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a hubby I have

What a hubby I have

I have to give props to my hubby today

There was a big bead show near by today and I was DYING to go since I forgot about it the last two times it was in town and missed it lol. I was determined that I would not forget this time.

Well Brian not only drove me to the bead show... but helped me do a lap of the show to look for some specific beads (which they didn't have this time) AND then he took Hannah and played with her outside in the grass and what not so that I could just go nuts at the show.

I know it might not sound like much to read it but these are the kinds of things that are "romantic" to me I'm not a big "candlelit dinner, champagne, soft music, low lighting etc" kind of person. This kind of stuff is what I find totally sweet and romantic. the stuff I KNOW he doesn't want to do but he does it anyway with a smile on his face and with enthusiasm because he knows it's something that makes me happy.

I just had to share Now make way for the mental images of Puck searching through bead vendors for animal prints for me lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I'm with you on that sparks I like the practical stuff too.

Sorry you didn't find the beads you were looking for but I bet the hunt was fun.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I'm with you on that sparks I like the practical stuff too.

Sorry you didn't find the beads you were looking for but I bet the hunt was fun.
    It's Ok

I found LOTS of other stuff to take the place of the beads I was looking for lol.

Love bead shows... spent $50 and came home with LOTS of stuff. I'm going to be busy busy hehe

Trust me.....this sounds like the perfect husband to many people. Me included!

When I was married, he wouldn't even go to the grocery store with me. To actually drive you to a bead show, and.......actually help you!! It astonishes me. I can see he's a great husband and a great dad.

Please give him a hug from me and tell him he's the best!!! Great story!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

It is really simple.

Ephesians 5:25 "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her"

A impossible thing to live up to really, but that does not mean I shouldn't try. What I did yesterday was the very least I could do. She DOES have to put up with me... It is nearly turkey season, BTW. LOL

I you babe!
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I agree w/you. Typical romantic things are nice but overrated. The last man that I dated ws uber-romantic. He wrote me love poems, sang to me, talked to me in Irish brogue, etc. but if I would ask him to empty a few 40 lb. bags of salt into my water softener, he'd say "I'm wearing my good pants. Later." And later never came. He wanted to do the things that made him appear to be a knight in shining armor. Bah! Cook dinner for me and give me a foot massage at the end of the day. Now, that's romance! What your husband did was as good as it gets in my book.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Well I so Agree with you.. That was very special for him to do that.. To me that is for sure the special moments.. Bigg Praisess for the Puck..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    It is really simple.

Ephesians 5:25 "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her"

A impossible thing to live up to really, but that does not mean I shouldn't try. What I did yesterday was the very least I could do. She DOES have to put up with me... It is nearly turkey season, BTW. LOL

I you babe!
    Puck: You're so right in saying it's simple. Why can't other men follow you and live like that? You just don't realize what a great guy you are!!
    I know you've got a great gal there too!! Kudos to both of you for putting such a big value on "family". We need more of it in this world.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

sometimes I wish I was a more "mushy" person. I mean I love hugs and kisses and cuddling and such but I'm just not into the whole romance thing. I never know how to react to it so I usually just end up laughing uncomfortably and ruin the moment lol.

Thanks Daisy and Delilah... I DO make it pretty easy for him lol. I'm pretty low maintenance but I definitely have my flaws that I know must make him want to pull his hair out... like my organization (or lack of it I should say haha)

But Him and Hannah got to spend some special alone time together which they don't get to do a lot and he must have ran her ragged when they were playing outside because she slept GOOOOOOOD last night lol

Honey dont change your ways at all & dont get mushy on hubby.. Just remember he fell in Love With You for a reason.. See there it was good time with father & daughter == she sleep good & all night right..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

those things are what make us wives happy...

sorry you didn´t found the beads you were looking for....

after all your busyness we do expect pics of your work
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

He sounds like the sweetest guy! Romance doesn't always have to be grand gestures. Its the little things. Hubby makes me oatmeal every morning. I am perfectly capable of doing that myself, but it seems so much better coming from him

So sparks did you do something romantic for a thank you
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    So sparks did you do something romantic for a thank you
    Hey now.... This is a family show.

And do you REALLY want to go there? Its gets all kinds of sorted.

"Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Sounds real nice to me! I'm for the practical stuff too as well. Romantic is nice, but I just find it more meaningful in the little things our guy does for us.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred