Thread: crazy cat?

crazy cat?

My beloved mothers cat Sally (12) has sometimes attacks in which she runs like mad from one place to another in the rooms. She makes miaaaoooow and then rushes off. My motherīs been wondering if she had maybe those little animals that bite (Floehe)and put Anti-Floehe in her neck. We are not quite sure if it helped though...
    Sally is also quite playful and it could be that she just wants to play (the carpet is always crawled up after haha)

Sally is a very cuddling cat who loves people around and follows me wherever I go (when Iīm home at my mothersī) She is longhaired with black wonderful fur and green eyes and very peaceful towards humans (she even purrs when I take ticks out) She is not afraid of dogs neither.
    My mother is not home during the day and my brother and I left home, so Sally is often alone and started to pee on my mothers faviourite chair. She is usually very clean but then also poos at different places (so that my mother moves her litter all the time which is maybe not the purpose...) I think Sally just feels lonely sometimes could that be?

Can cats be "pissed off" (and piss litterally) or is that just a human projection on them?

Quote Originally Posted by CarolineM View Post
    My beloved mothers cat Sally (12) has sometimes attacks in which she runs like mad from one place to another in the rooms. She makes miaaaoooow and then rushes off. My motherīs been wondering if she had maybe those little animals that bite (Floehe)and put Anti-Floehe in her neck. We are not quite sure if it helped though...
    Sally is also quite playful and it could be that she just wants to play (the carpet is always crawled up after haha)

Sally is a very cuddling cat who loves people around and follows me wherever I go (when Iīm home at my mothersī) She is longhaired with black wonderful fur and green eyes and very peaceful towards humans (she even purrs when I take ticks out) She is not afraid of dogs neither.
    My mother is not home during the day and my brother and I left home, so Sally is often alone and started to pee on my mothers faviourite chair. She is usually very clean but then also poos at different places (so that my mother moves her litter all the time which is maybe not the purpose...) I think Sally just feels lonely sometimes could that be?

Can cats be "pissed off" (and piss litterally) or is that just a human projection on them?
    The so-called "experts" will say that cats don't do revenge. I say otherwise and having had cats for the last 20 years or so, I feel that I can speak w/authority. Cats don't care much for change, so if Mom is moving the litter box from place to place, she should decide on a location for it and let it stay there. Another litter box is also in order. The rule of thumb is one box per cat plus one. However, to be safe, I'd say that a vet visit is in order to be sure that the reason for her inappropriate peeing and pooing aren't due to a medical issue. The sudden running from one end of the house to the other while meowing, though, sounds like typical cat behavior to me. If it isn't, then I've got a bunch of sick cats on my hands. LOL My Fur Posse do that every day.

Hope this helps.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I have too agree. The peeing and pooing could be medical, but if the litter box is being moved that is more then likly the cause.
    As to the running try our house one or more of the kids are running or bouncing off the walls, ect. at any given time. Chessie's favorite is to walk into the TV room and attack the corner of the bath room about 5 feet up.
    The other day I found Roz almost to the ceiling on a corner between the kitchen and sitting room. She was just having a great time. I had to laugh as Lucky was just sitting there watching. Knowing that she was going to be in trouble. She just looked at me as if too say YA, SO.
    GILL & Crew;

Caroline, when Sally runs around like crazy, I think it's because she has so much enery to burn off. Fister does it sometimes in late evenings, and aslo when he has been to the litterbox. Perhaps a sign that he is happy he has done his business. LOL!

Concerning the pee on your mother's chair, I think she does it because she feels lonlely. That is the only way she can tell she's not satisfied with the situation. You and your brother have moved out, so she misses the company.

Is she an inside/outside cat? If she's only indoors, it's very unlikely that she has fleas. If she does go out, it's a good idea to give her a few drops of Advantage once every month.

The peeing and pooping could also be something she needs to see a vet about. Make sure to keep an eye on her when you visit. She will be so happy to see you!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I have to agree with all above - STOP MOVING THE LITTERBOX is the first thing; and, yes, a vet visit may be in order for the inappropriate relieving.
    As far as the "crazy" behavior. That's not crazy. There is a wall in the family room that Pinot just cannot tolerate. I don't know what it did to her, it must have been when we were at work, but she'll be standing there, and all of a sudden will jump up and attack that wall. BAD WALL!! She also gets a little loud and darts around when she has to go use the litterbox (and I'm not talking about peeing) - I'll just look at her and say, "go use your box, would you?". She does after a bit.
    All cats have the crazy gene that comes on in spurts; part of being a kitty! We wouldn't have it any other way!

Medusa is right. Cats do NOT like change and react to it differently.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you all for your nice replies. I am now in my homevillage with Sally and she seemed so happy to see me, cuddles, plays and follows me everywhere around. She is usually very clean but today my mom and I were away the whole day and after my mom came back Sally pooed in front of her eyes just next to her litterbox...??I don t think thats medical reason...but I tell my mom to let the litterbox where it is...also is my mom not the cuddling type..she has the cat because it keeps the house free from mice thats it...well I wish you all a nice evening

I'm reading this now and I agree with everybody. Cats getting crazy is just them showing us they feel well- or that you do not play hard enough with them
    And nothing of it sounds like fleas (Floehe ) Of course fleas would not be so easy to spot on a black kitty- but I am sure if you petted her you would notice. And a cat flea may also bite you- been there, got bitten

Yeah this sounds pretty normal to me!
    My little guy is always running around like someones chasing him :P

It's always good to take your little guys to the vet tho, whenever you think something's off! never hurts them to take 'em to the doc!

Italia

I think what you cat is showing is called " vaccum time." I read about it YEARS ago, when Boo started just acting nuts!!! Running about then house, just about climbing the walls!!! We have several cats that still do it. Maybe take a stool sample to the vet....good luck...