Thread: Avenge "Dusty" - the cat abused by Kenny Glenn

Avenge "Dusty" - the cat abused by Kenny Glenn

I haven't watched the video, because I can't - the pictures of that poor cat made me sob (he looks so much like Bassett).

There is a facebook group and several websites:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...8527434&ref=nf
    Avenge "Dusty" (The Cat Abused by Kenny Glenn on YouTube)

http://www.kenny-glenn.net/

http://petitionspot.com/petitions/justicetodusty

Thank god the cats are doing well. This reminded me so much of the story of Kensington a few years ago.

Absolutely sick.

My virus protection prohibits me from entering my email address so I didn't sign the petition. I'm not kidding myself anyhow; I have yet to hear or read about petitions such as this changing a thing. Don't misunderstand me, I think it's good that so many people care and I'd LOVE to be proven wrong in this instance. I won't watch the video; I just can't take it. If I can figure out how to change things w/my virus protection, I'll go back and sign it, though. Sigh. These boys are future Jay Baldwins. Unfortunately, they'll probably progress to torturing humans.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

There is no way I can view the video.
    Just seeing that poor innocent cats picture on Facebook brought me to tears knowing what he went through. I pray for you sweetie that you find a new forever home and know nothing but love, love, love for the rest of your life.
    I would take you in a heartbeat and wrap you so lovingly in my arms to let you know that you would never, ever be hurt again, in anyway. I know it will take time for you to trust another human being, but we are not all monsters.

I signed the petition. Don't know if it will do any good as I've read too many times how people who have abused animals just get a fine and have to do community service.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I didn't watch the video. I'm in such a deep funk right now, it'll only make it worse. I've signed so many petitions to so many animal cruelty cases, it makes me wonder if it does any good. The Jay Baldwin case is a prime example that the system sucks.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I've signed so many petitions to so many animal cruelty cases, it makes me wonder if it does any good.
    My point exactly, Donna. I've signed petition after petition and the laws don't change and the perpetrators of animal cruelty don't receive punishment. I do what I can to help animals but I've stopped kidding myself. With the world in the mess that it's in, animal welfare is low on the list of priorities, not to me and others here on PT but to the law makers and enforcers, it seems.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Case Snapshot
    Case ID: 15258Classification: Beating, ThrowingAnimal: catMore cases in Comanche County, OKMore cases in OKLogin to Watch this Case

Cat thrown, beaten - videotaped
    Lawton, OK (US)

Incident Date: Saturday, Feb 14, 2009
    County: Comanche

Disposition: Alleged

Abuser names unreleased

Case Updates: 1 update(s) available An animal abuse story that has sparked outrage across the country has Comanche County Sheriff Kenny Stradley saying that two local boys are responsible. The teen was filmed beating and torturing a cat, and uploaded it to YouTube over the weekend. It was viewed about 30,000 times.

7News telephones rang of the hook, and Reporter Robert Richardson took a number of the calls. Viewers read that the abuse happened in Lawton, and YouTube deleted the video, along with the user's account on Sunday. Edited portions - featuring 'Timmy' lead his camera operating friend inside a shower where a cat lay waiting for its fate.

The boy picked up the cat in what he called his 'laboratory' and slammed it against the wall and floor before striking it with his fists.

Sheriff Kenny Stradley visited 7News to watch the video for the first time, and it put him almost at a loss for words. He did, however, say this : "This is not a good deal. It s just...I have a lot of feelings for animals, and so to see something like this really bothers me. There s no use in treating an animal like that," he said.

Internet observers along with information from popular websites such as YouTube, Reddit, Digg, Facebook and Myspace, came up with pictures posted by a teen in Lawton that related to parts of the video. That's when 7News and local authorities began receiving calls. "At this time, it appears that it is here in Lawton. We re just at the beginning of this, but it s looking like it is from Comanche County," said Stradley.

The horrifying day may be over for the cat, but it is just getting started for its abusers. "We'll put it together and take it to the D.A. It will be up to the D.A. whether or not he files charges or not. Our job is to put the investigation together as a case and take it to the DA and that's what we'll do," said Stradley.

Stradley says the teens responsible were released to their parents by the DA and they and their lawyer will meet with investigators to determine their fate on Tuesday. Dusty, the cat, is alive and was taken to a veterinarian where it will remain until the investigation is complete. Stradley says he also has received an email from PETA that alluded to three other videos - with more animal abuse - created by the same user.

The suspect cannot be reached at the address and phone numbers listed by some websites.

Case Updates

Two Lawton area teens accused of beating a cat and posting it on YouTube over the weekend will be going through the juvenile justice process in Oklahoma. The 14 and 16-year-old brothers each face two charges of animal cruelty after law enforcement was directed to two videos on Sunday that showed the beating and torture of the grey cat named Dusty, and each video carries separate charges.

During their investigation, the Comanche County Sheriff's Department discovered a third abuse video that shows the beating of a black and white cat - also at a teens' home. The sheriff's department rescued that cat today.

The videos uploaded to YouTube show two separate incidents of animal abuse involving the same cat, and the teens face separate charges for each video. "We filed two counts of animal cruelty on each of the two teenagers today," said Comanche County District Attorney Robert Schulte. "They will be referred to the juvenile court system. We'll expect them to make their appearance early this week before the juvenile judge."

The teenagers have a right to a jury trial, and if they waive that, a judge will decide their fate. Until the two suspects are 18-years-old they are considered juveniles and the court records will be sealed. However, Schulte says he knows there is a lot of public concern over the case, and the court is taking it seriously. "I can tell you that our juvenile judge is a long-standing judge, very conservative, very well thought of, very well respected judge," he said. "He will do what he believes is necessary, and feels best in this case as it goes through the system."

The courts have ensured that the pets will not be abused again. Dusty was removed from the home on Sunday, and the second cat was removed Tuesday. "They have been treated by local veterinarians, they are doing well," said Schulte. "They will not go back into the home, and they are expected to be adopted out into a good home in the next few days."

Schulte says he did not know what punishment the boys may face if found guilty, but said the penalties for a juvenile conviction could include psychological counseling, court monitoring until they turn 18, community service to provide restitution for treatment of animals, and/or placement in court custody.Source: KSWO - Feb 17, 2009
    Update posted on Feb 19, 2009 - 1:44PM References

« More cases in Comanche County, OK
    Not sure what these icons

I went on-line and found this. I am so angry, disgusted and sick about this. I am afraid that Mary might have a point in the fact that signing a petition might not have such a great effect. However. What I have found does is regular snail mail. You can't just delete it. It goes through the post office, it's bulky and heavy when a lot is sent and it makes people really stop and think. They have to open the letters and actually read what is in it.
    So I will be writing to the DA on pen and paper today.
    If we PT people send in letters, and we forward this to other websites and have them send in letters perhaps by weeks end we can have several thousand flooding the DA's office and we can make a difference if not for this cat but perhaps any others that come along.
    So folks, please get out pen and paper, this cat is worth 47 cents and let us show these creeps that America will not stand for animal abuse.

Addresses

Is there anyone who is actively pursuing to somehow avenge all of these loving dogs, cats and other animals that have been cruelly treated???
    This behavior needs to be stopped and shown that it will not be tolerated by others and the perps need to be put on notice.
    Doesn't anyone think it is about time that they are? They can't all hide...
    A national network could very easily be set up for that...