Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nipo

Nipo

We will be putting Nipo to sleep this afternoon. She is 14-15 years old and in kidney failure. My Mom has been administering SQ fluids for over a month now, but it is a lot to ask of her. I'm not living at home in Hawaii, but am in Colorado, and there was never any reason to put Nipo through the stress of a transpacific move at her age. Nipo's appetite has also been progressively waning despite using all my best "tricks" to get her to eat.

I'm sure we *could* keep her going for longer, but I feel like it's unfair to ask my Mom to make the decision. Also I don't want her to have to look for the subtle signs that would tell me Nipo is feeling progressively more uncomfortable. I feel that this decision is primarily mine as her "Mommy" since I was a gradeschooler.

My favorite veterinarian (and mentor) has agreed to come to our home and put her to sleep. I hope it will be peaceful as she still has some spunk left in her.

Please send good thoughts for a peaceful end.

Love you, my sweet tabby girl!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Rest in peace, sweetie pie. Mama loves you forever!
    I've Been Frosted

May you and your loving family all find peace, Nipo.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thats sad new about Nipo , but its sometiimes better off for a Cat when they are feeling poorly and are in pain.
    She is one Gorgeous Lively Cat and its a mercy when they no longer hurt.
    The Animal Angels are touring Hawaii , and after Nipo gets her Wings of Silver and Gold , she can guide them to all the Great places.
    Then she can find a place in that Tropical Paradise when she and her Loved Ones can be together again .
    One Fine Day,
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You're absolutely right- it's a 100% "Quality-of-Life" decision- when your lifelong friend is no longer enjoying life, when the systems are failing and even though cats are SO GOOD at concealing discomfort or pain or distress, you KNOW she's not well-- it's the best and ONLY decision you can make, for your friend..... it makes it NO easier or better, but it's a true blessing that you can give your loved friend, taking them away from ALL pain and discomfort and trouble...... it's SO hard to do, and they're missed so much, but when it's time, it's time...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you- sleep softly at the Bridge and enjoy being whole and healthy again, Nipo, and wait patiently for your people - it's obvious how much you are loved, and how much you loved your people- it's the last, best kindness they can give you-

Sleep softly, sweet Nipo....

Play happily at the bridge sweet Nipo. Prayers for your momma and family during this time.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

Oh, such a pretty girl. I'm sorry that it's come to this but most of us here on PT have been through it so we know exactly what you're feeling. I do pray that Nipo's transition and trip to the Bridge will be a peaceful one and that you will find peace as well.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you, everyone. She's at rest now.

I will miss that sweet girl...

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

RIP Nipo, *hugs* to you, Kate, and your family.

Nipo, I thought of you often. I always wished you the best. You had a great life and now you will have a great eternity. RIP, you will be missed.

I'm so sorry about your little sweetie - she was a beautiful Tabby.
    Nipo, Godspeed to the Bridge, and peace to your family. Visit your "Mommy" every once in a while to let her know you're OK - I know you'll find a way to tell her!

Never an easy decision to have to make but you have made the right choice. I have been through it several times and I know that does not make it any easier but we can all be comforted in the fact that our pets go so peacefully and we will see them all again some day. God bless you for loving her enough to do the right thing.

I don't believe I ever saw or heard of Nipo. Too bad I'm just learning of her now. She looks like a mixture of my Taz and Paizly.

RIP Nipo, and hugs to you Kate.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Rest in peace, sweet Nipo. Gentle hugs to you, Kate, and your family.

Johanna