Thread: Beautiful horned owl euthanized in CT...

Beautiful horned owl euthanized in CT...

A stunning female horned owl whose leg was caught in one of those illegal steel trap, had to be humanely euthanized after having it's leg amputated.

There are 2 rewards out for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the a-hole who set these illegal death traps.

RIP sweet baby. Soar with the angels at the RB.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh No That Is Just Horrible.. You know Owls are Sacred Holy Creatures.. I just Love Owls.. Sad thing is you dont see them much anymore.. One died from the electric lines out here at work & everybody just looked at it like it was pleggedd.. Well I took the Baby & gave it a very nice Burial & my Blessings.. RIP wittle Baby Horned Owl..

Now for the AAWipe that did this.. Your time is coming & I hope you have to give up something as well.. RIH..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

lvpets2002,

You and I are SO much alike. I would've given that precious creature a proper burial as well. I hope whoever planted that deadly trap gets HIS leg caught in one too. Let him see how it feels.

It depresses me when I think about how the human race has been destroying land all over the place, forcing wildlife out of their natural habitats.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I dont get.. People are Horrible these days..

However I am glad to state that My Moto is == The More I Get To Know Some People == The More I Like My Cats & All Animals..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

lvpets2002,

Amen!!

who traps an owl??

This just guts me! I so depend on the sounds of the owls behind our home, even if I don't see them so much-they're so beautiful!

I can't even speak. I've never heard of this.

That's horrible. Why would someone do that? I hope they get their leg stuck in a trap.
    -ErinExotic:]]
    Snowbelle's Catster:

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I hear them all the time in the woods around my house, but never see them. It's just as well that they stay hidden tho, as I'm sure they would be target practice for some of the gun loving Rednecks around here.
    I often wonder what happened to the wild pheasant who came to visit me on a regular basis. Probably ended up on someone's dinner plate. Grrrr!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

No one traps owls (not that I know of). It was a tragic accident. But I think whoever is using these traps need to be held accountable.