Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are your dogs vicious or nice?

A think a lot of problem here is people seem to have different and varying ideas of what "vicious" means in their mind. The OP seemed to think it was as simple as barking at strangers whereas other people seem to think of it as a raging dog that will attack to kill without provocation.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post
    So now I'm asking you instead of assuming you would keep a vicious dog.
    Would you keep a dog that attacked someone unprovoked and was HA?
    Would you be ok with yourself if that dog got out and attacked someone?
    Ugh. I don't want to play this game. Forget I ever said anything. You are 110% correct in your line of thinking. I was wrong for ever questioning your logic at all. There are no other options than euthanasia, silly me for ever thinking that there might possibly be.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I almost cannot believe what I am reading here. You don't sound like a good dog owner, in my opinion. Yoiu give your dogs pizza, noodles, and chicken? You shouldn't be feeding your dogs this. They should be fed a high-quality kibble.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I know I'm a little late at posting about this, but RipplingWaves, if your still here please read this.

It's not good at all to feed your dogs pizza, noodles, and chicken. It can shorten their life span and hurt their health. This stuff to a dog is like smoking to us. It hurts them. Also, why would you want to train your dogs to be 'viscous.' If you play with them and care for them, they will protect you. You don't have to train them to be a guard dog. If your dogs do attack someone, they could get put down and we all know that you don't want that. So please, get your dogs a trainer and work with them for good behavior. And no table food for them either!
    -ErinExotic:]]
    Snowbelle's Catster:

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    I almost cannot believe what I am reading here. You don't sound like a good dog owner, in my opinion. Yoiu give your dogs pizza, noodles, and chicken? You shouldn't be feeding your dogs this. They should be fed a high-quality kibble.
    I agree & disagree at the same time.

Yes Pizza & noodles is not dog food.
    Is Pasta harmful in treat form? <-I really don't know this answer

Chicken? Why is chicken bad for dogs?
    Is it just chicken or all fowl your talking about? why?

Quote Originally Posted by king2005 View Post

She's probly feeding already cooked chicken, which isn't really good for them.
    Pasta, why even bother? Why can't you just stick to dog food and healthy treats/bones?
    Any human food like that isn't good for dogs..
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Pizza and noodles as a steady diet doesn't sound too healthy, and it all depends how the chicken is cooked I would imagine. Fried chicken - no, but nothing wrong with roasted, baked, or boiled chicken.
    When we have pizza, my guys get a treat of pizza crust which they love - but only a few small pieces each. When I have plain leftover noodles or pasta, I will chop some up in with their regular food, but again, not a steady diet of it. They also sometimes get leftover veggies (not all kinds), and leftover meats mixed with their regular food, since it's rather senseless to throw it out.
    RW55 also said in a previous thread that she didn't walk her dogs in the neighborhood because they are vicious. Looks like they spend their lives in a pen. How sad!
    My 2 little dogs are the best watch dogs I could want. No one gets around the house without them letting me know about it - they are both just natural little barkers - and far from vicious!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by king2005 View Post

I'm going to guess and say that what she means is the OP is probably giving the dogs table scraps. Which would be seasoned with all kinds of things for human taste. Regular chicken, or raw isn't bad. At least I think.
    And I have no idea about noodles. All I know is my dogs do not get any human food (on purpose, they do scavenge off the floor if we aren't quick enough to pick it up). The only human food they ever get is carrots and cheese if they need meds. I got into a huge fight with a friend of Bruce's because he was giving my dogs (and one of my guests dogs) meat as he was cooking it.
    Others already said the same thing I did (it took me too long to post this). But I also have a "guard" dog, not by choice. Zoee barks at anything that moves in our court. LOL But she's not "vicious". You might think she is at first with how she acts though.

Well, all I can hope from this entire thread is that something gets through to the OP. This is the best place to learn things like this. I have learned so much on this forum....that's why I love it here.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a weird thread.

When my dogs are sick they get plain boiled checken and rice absolutely no oil, butter or seasonings.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I think this thread should die a natural death. Needless to say there are irresponsible pet owners of all types. Unfortunately I have seen more that my share. If nothing else the thread demonstrated that without proper training and care our pets are at risk and so are many innocent people that they come in contact with. My vote is for nice dogs.

RW55 clarified his/her statement and yet nobody seemed to notice:

The're just guard dogs, they aren't fully vicious. They never bit someone, they just bark. We don't let them bite people.. they just bark.... they just bark, does no one get this? By vicious, I didn't mean they tear people's head's off.

please keep in mind that some people have a legitimate need for guard dogs. If you live in a high crime or extremely rural area, having 4-legged alarms may save your life or property.

I would never condemn anyone as being a bad owner as long as the dogs are happy and healthy. I doubt seriously RW fed their dogs noodles, etc for every meal. I told everyone my cat Montego loved pizza, because he did. Did that mean he got a full slice of Meat Lovers every day? No. It means that on the extremely rare occasion that I got pizza, he got a bite of crust.

We all have guard dogs then. Nuf said(.)

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    RW55 clarified his/her statement and yet nobody seemed to notice:

The're just guard dogs, they aren't fully vicious. They never bit someone, they just bark. We don't let them bite people.. they just bark.... they just bark, does no one get this? By vicious, I didn't mean they tear people's head's off.

please keep in mind that some people have a legitimate need for guard dogs. If you live in a high crime or extremely rural area, having 4-legged alarms may save your life or property.

I would never condemn anyone as being a bad owner as long as the dogs are happy and healthy. I doubt seriously RW fed their dogs noodles, etc for every meal. I told everyone my cat Montego loved pizza, because he did. Did that mean he got a full slice of Meat Lovers every day? No. It means that on the extremely rare occasion that I got pizza, he got a bite of crust.

I'm just pointing out in another thread she said her dogs can't be walked around the neighborhood because they are too vicious, and then she says they get walks. Honestly, I don't know which one is the truth but I'm leaning more toward they are "too" vicious to get walked because the fact that she changed the story 3 times is fishy enough for me.

I /still/ dont see the need for guard dogs. Cameras and a gun work well enough.