Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are your dogs vicious or nice?

Sassy was never what I deemed vicious, if you ticked her off or did something she really didn't like she would nip, but never to the point where I couldn't handle her and she was lunging at the leash.

For the record, volunteering at a shelter, I've seen vicious animals like fighting pits and things along that nature, but they were not vicious to a point where they could not go for walks or have no outside human contact! If that's true then I really don't know what to think..o_o.

I'm speechless. Almost ...

In an earlier comment, it was mentioned that a certain post was not a good way to educate someone. After reading this completely arrogant, ignorant post above, does anyone honestly believe this person is seeking education or is in any way open to any education? I do not. And this is not the first instant of this same attitude by this OP.

RW, When your dogs attack someone, they will be euthanized. It matters not a bit if the person came onto your property with or without your permission, when you were or were not home. If you knowingly keep vicious dogs, they will be killed and you will be liable.

A dog does not generally have to be trained to bark when a stranger approaches. That is a dog's nature. Most dogs have to be trained not to do it. This behavior, I do not think, is all you are talking about at all. You are quite proud of your vicious dogs, that YOU trained, that YOU want to do that. When your dogs maul someone, and are euthanized, will YOU still be so proud of YOUR "training" then?

How terribly sad. Always the dogs that pay the price for the owner's issues.
    You hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    I'm speechless. Almost ...

In an earlier comment, it was mentioned that a certain post was not a good way to educate someone. After reading this completely arrogant, ignorant post above, does anyone honestly believe this person is seeking education or is in any way open to any education? I do not. And this is not the first instant of this same attitude by this OP.

RW, When your dogs attack someone, they will be euthanized. It matters not a bit if the person came onto your property with or without your permission, when you were or were not home. If you knowingly keep vicious dogs, they will be killed and you will be liable.

A dog does not generally have to be trained to bark when a stranger approaches. That is a dog's nature. Most dogs have to be trained not to do it. This behavior, I do not think, is all you are talking about at all. You are quite proud of your vicious dogs, that YOU trained, that YOU want to do that. When your dogs maul someone, and are euthanized, will YOU still be so proud of YOUR "training" then?

How terribly sad. Always the dogs that pay the price for the owner's issues.
    That was me and I take it back...it looks too late for education.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by RipplingWaves55 View Post
    They're guard dogs. WE trained them to be that way. WE like it. If a stranger comes to our house, they will bark and warn us. I want them to do that. We trained 'em that way and that's how it is.

R.I.P Dorothy, whoever that is.
    My Dogs do just that...But don't have a mean bone in there body..Makes me sick to my stomach to see how your fraised that..You should be ashamed of yourself.Ya know in this situation i feel for your poor dogs,Not you.Because in the end the animals are going to suffer for what there so called owners have taught them to do.

Do you realise how much your dogs are suffering..Do you even care?

The're just guard dogs, they aren't fully vicious. They never bit someone, they just bark. We don't le tthem bite people.. they just bark.... they just bark, does no one get this? By vicious, I didn't mean they tear people's head's off.
    How is barking dangerously aggressive? Where is the violence in barking?

Quote Originally Posted by M-W.com
    4 a: dangerously aggressive : savage <a vicious dog> b: marked by violence or ferocity :

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post
    She also said that Karen and since she didn't agree with what I said I can only assume she ment that I wouldn't be what she classed a good owner.
    Alicia, I meant exactly what Karen clarified. Just meant there are more options than euthanasia. "It says something about your role as an owner" whether you are going to step up to the plate and do everything you can do for that dog or are going to put it down "no ifs ands or buts". I'm not saying your a bad owner by any means, I really have no right to judge that.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan View Post
    My Dogs do just that...But don't have a mean bone in there body..Makes me sick to my stomach to see how your fraised that..You should be ashamed of yourself.Ya know in this situation i feel for your poor dogs,Not you.Because in the end the animals are going to suffer for what there so called owners have taught them to do.

Do you realise how much your dogs are suffering..Do you even care?
    they're not suffering, they get pizza, noodles, chicken, and other treats, and they barely ever just get dog food. They get to run around, wrestle and play and they get pets and more treats. Whatever.

they're not suffering, they get pizza, noodles, chicken, and other treats, and they barely ever just get dog food. They get to run around, wrestle and play and they get pets and more treats. Whatever.
    So they get a bunch of junk that is bad for them? Wow this has to be a joke.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Vicious \Vi"cious\, a. [OF. vicious, F. vicieux, fr. L. vitiosus, fr. vitium vice. See Vice a fault.]

1. Characterized by vice or defects; defective; faulty; imperfect.

Though I perchance am vicious in my guess. --Shak.

The title of these lords was vicious in its origin. --Burke.

A charge against Bentley of vicious reasoning. --De Quincey.

2. Addicted to vice; corrupt in principles or conduct; depraved; wicked; as, vicious children; vicious examples; vicious conduct.

Who . . . heard this heavy curse, Servant of servants, on his vicious race. --Milton.

3. Wanting purity; foul; bad; noxious; as, vicious air, water, etc. --Dryden.

4. Not correct or pure; corrupt; as, vicious language; vicious idioms.

5. Not well tamed or broken; given to bad tricks; unruly; refractory; as, a vicious horse.

6. Bitter; spiteful; malignant. [Colloq.]

Syn: Corrupt; faulty; wicked; depraved. -- Vi"cious*ly, adv. -- Vi"cious*ness, n.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Are you kidding me?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Wow this has to be a joke.
    I don't think it is, sadly.

I remember other posts by this OP concerning unaltered dogs, accidental litters of puppies, feral cats, ignored advice about an overly dominant male dog, etc.

I think, sadly for these dogs, that this isn't a joke at all.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I will not be taking any insults from anyone... okay, it's not against the rules in my book but I'll just ignore you...) lol
    Don't know if you're reading this, since I read your good-bye in General. But if you are reading, maybe you can answer this simple question.
    Obviously you knew what you were in for when you started this thread, so why did you even bother to start it?
    Last edited by pomtzu; 03-20-2009 at 07:18 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am a little late on this post but why would someone need "guard" dogs? I guess I am spoiled because I live in an area where I do not have to live in fear. What are the dogs guarding?

This is why I love my Labrador. She will bark and bark and bark but once you get in the door she will wag her tail and bring you a toy. I doubt she would even bite a stranger/burgler. (I hope no burglars are reading this)

I read you were leaving, and for some reason some people feel sorry about it? That I don't really understand, but I hope for your dog's sake you do more for them than "give them noodles and pizza". Looking at your posts, you seem to not really care about how you portray your dogs and yourself. Good luck to the dogs...

Your comment about Dorothy was extremely inappropriate by the way. Someone lost their grandmother to vicious dogs...that's not a freaking joke and something to make fun of. That was a horrid thing to say when someone is trying to explain why having vicious dogs and advertising them as vicious dogs is not a good idea. There are others on the forum dealing with lifelong injuries and physical problems from being attacked so saying "my dogs are vicious" and being proud of it doesn't really go over well here.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

RW55 is hard to understand sometimes. I don't think she (he?) really intended the word 'vicious' to be taken literally in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
    Alicia, I meant exactly what Karen clarified. Just meant there are more options than euthanasia. "It says something about your role as an owner" whether you are going to step up to the plate and do everything you can do for that dog or are going to put it down "no ifs ands or buts". I'm not saying your a bad owner by any means, I really have no right to judge that.
    So now I'm asking you instead of assuming you would keep a vicious dog.
    Would you keep a dog that attacked someone unprovoked and was HA?
    Would you be ok with yourself if that dog got out and attacked someone?
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee