Thread: Any other college bound kids here?

Any other college bound kids here?

Anybody? It's college admissions season!!

I've got a couple UC's under the belt and am waiting for 4 other schools. How are my fellow high school seniors doing??

(and, of course, I know PT has a lot of mothers, so if your child is a college bound kid, don't hesitate to share!)

I'm only a sophomore but my sister is college bound. She applied to Stockton, Rutgers, Drexel, Hardford, GW University, and a few others..and she made all of them but she's going to a State college where she basically has a free ride and she's in the honors program. I'm not going to say where though becase this is the internet lol.

My daughter is finishing up her first year of college. It has been a wonderful experience for her. She met several very nice gals right away and has done well her freshman year.

Best wishes to you and I hope you get into the school of your choice.

My niece is heading to college in July. She is going to a design school in Arizona. It's called Collins College. She will be studying interior design.
    Originally she was looking at a school in San Francisco and would have lived with me, but this college has more to offer in the long run. And she probably wants to be "on her own", not living with her Aunt. LOL I was a little bummed, but it's what ever is best for her.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

As kids apply to college, I am graduating from OSU on Sunday!!

Good luck to everybody.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

My daughter is just a junior but she is looking at colleges. She has been pretty interested in Cal Poly san luis obispo because of their engineering program and she likes UC San Diego. She has even been checking out the Air Force Academy in Colorado, it only has a 10percent acceptance rate though and its a ten year committment.

She is completely stressed out about it, and of course whichever college she chooses has to have a good dive program.

You have one of the best colleges in your backyard, have you looked at UC Berekely? Knowing you I am sure you have

Mom was hoping for UC Davis, she could live at home but they don't have much of an engineering program.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I went to one semester off college this past fall and basically my depression got the worst it's ever been, so I got out asap and now I'm somewhere where I am actually happy, every day. I didn't know that was even possible!

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    You have one of the best colleges in your backyard, have you looked at UC Berekely? Knowing you I am sure you have
    Oh, of course! I applied, but Berkeley's decisions don't come out until March 26th.

I did, however, get my decisions for the other UC's. So far, I'm in UC Davis, UCSD, and UCLA. I'm very happy, but I'm really waiting for my private schools.

If you go to UC Davis I can come visit you its only 30 minutes from my house.

Good luck I know you will get accepted wherever you want.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm the mom of a college bound student. My daughter is graduating from high school this year and she applied to two universities here in SC and was accepted to both. She is going to her first choice, Clemson University. She will be studying Graphic Communications. I am so proud of her.
    Good luck to you, Giselle! I know a lot of the colleges don't send their acceptance letters until later in the spring. The waiting is so hard.

I am still finding it hard to beleive that I have under two months left of high school. Its exciting. :-)

I have been accepted (with full tuition payed for) to the college of my choice. My ACT score saved my bum on that one! I still have my fingers crossed that I will get a grant to pay for my books and fees... it would be marvelous to have a free ride.

Good luck to everyone else headed off to college!
    What is everyone planning on majoring in?

My kids graduated some years ago, and the last neice graduated from
    University of Dayton just last year. All our babies have grown up.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oyster, it depends which college you're talking about for my majors

UC Davis: Animal Science.
    UCSD: Evolution, Ecology, and Behavior (basically, biology + behavior).
    UCLA: same as UCSD. So, basically, biology and behavior.

All similar majors for the rest of the colleges that I'm waiting for: Animal Science, if the college offers it, or biology+behavior. I'm trying to get into vet school (and then hopefully become a board-certified veterinary behaviorist), so that's why.

Still waiting for March 31st! Eeekk!!

I'm only a junior but I already have my colleges and major picked xD good luck to everyone who is anticipating acceptance results! I'm already stressed about college and I haven't even applied yet!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography