Dog General Puzzle List

Here is a list of Puzzles 113 - 194

Pet General Puzzle List

Puzzles 195 - ??? will be added as replys
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 195

If he had developed the habit of hunting and foraging for himself, he wouldn't have felt so helpless now. But he had spent too many years at Willy's side, knocking around the world in his role as confident and * chien a tout a faire* , and whatever lupine instincts he had been born with had long since atrophied and disappeared. He had grown into a soft , civilized creature, a thinking dog instead of an athletic dog, and as far back as he could remember his bodily needs had been taken care of someone else. But that was the bargain, wasn't it?

from TIMBUKTU by PAUL AUSTER

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 196

Although all cat games have their rules and rituals, these vary with the individual player. The cat, of course, never breaks a rule. If it does not follow precedent, that simply means it has created a new rule and it is up to you to learn it quickly if you want the game to continue.
    ~ Sidney Denham

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 197

One time there where five wolwes, all brothers, who traveled together. Whatever meat they got when they were hunting they would share with Coyote. One evening Coyote saw the wolves looking up the sky.
    "What are you looking at up there, my brothers? Asked Coyote.
    "Oh, nothing" said the oldest wolf.
    Next evening Coyote saw they were all looking up in the sky at something. He asked the next oldest wolf what they were looking at, but he wouldn't say.It went like this fort three or four nights. No one wanted to tell Coyote what they were looking at because they thought he would want to interfere. One night Coyote asked the youngest wolf brother to tell him, and the youngest wolf brother to tell him, and the youngest wolf said to the other wolves, "Let's tell Coyote what we see up there. He won't do anything."
    So they told him. "We see two animals up there. Way up there, where we cannot get to them".
    "Let's go up and see them ," said Coyote.
    "Well, how can we do that?"
    "Oh, I can do that easy," said Coyote. "I can show you how to get up there without any trouble at all."
    Coyote gathered a great number of arrows and then began shooting them into the sky.The firts arrow stuck in the sky and the second arrow stuck in the first. Each arrow stuck in the end of the one before it like that until there was a ladder reaching down to the earth.
    "We can climb up now" saisd Coyote the oldest wolf took his dog with him , and then the other four wolf brothers came, and them Coyote. They climbed all day and into the night. All the next day they climbed. For many days and nights they climbed, untill finally they reached the sky. They stood in the sky and looked over at the two animals the wolves had seen from down below. They were two grizzly bears.
    "Don't go near them," said Coyote. "They will tear you apart." But the two youngest wolves were already headed over. And the next to youngest wolves followed them. Only the the oldest wolf held back. When the wolves got near the grizzlies, nothing happened. The wolves sat down and looked at the bears, and the bears sat there looking at the wolves. The oldest wolf, when he saw it was safe, came over with his dog and sat down with them. Coyote wouldn't come over. He didn't trust the the bears. "That makes a nice picture, though," thought Coyote. "They all look pretty good sitting there like that. I think I'll live it that way for every one to see. Then when people look at them in the sky they will say, "There's a story about this picture, and they will tell a story about me."
    So Coyote left it that way. He took out the arrows as he descended so there was no way for anyone to get back. From down on the earth Coyote admired the arrangement he had left up there. Today they still look the same. They call those stars Big Dipper now. If you look up there you'll see that three wolves make up the handle and the oldest wolf the one in the middle, still has his dog with him. The two youngest wolves make up the part of the bowl under the handle, nd the two grizzlies make up the other side, the one that points toward the North Star.
    When Coyote saw how they looked, he wanted to put up a lots of stars.He arranged stars all over the sky in pictures and them made the Big Road across the sky with stars he had left over.
    When Coyote was finished he called Meadowlark over. "My brother," he said, "When I'm gone, tell everyone that when they look up into the sky and see the stars arranged this way, I was the one who did that. That is my work.-"
    Now Meadowlark tells the story about Coyote.

Coyote places the stars (Wasco)
    American Indian Myths and Legends
    Selected and Edited By Richard Erdoes and Alfonso Ortiz

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 198

A center in Florida brings dolphins and handicapped children together using touch therapy, but could it help Deane~Paul speak? After three weeks of frolicling, the boy toddled up to a store counter and in a clear voice demanded: “Coke Icee, please.” His mother prayed, “Dear God, thank You for dolphins.”
    ~~ From “The Boy Who Wouldn’t Talk”, Guidepost Press’ ‘Their Mysterious Ways: Amazing Stories about God’s Animals and Us’

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 199

This Old Cat

I'm getting on in years,
    My coat is turning gray.
    My eyes have lost their luster,
    My hearing's just okay.
    I spend my day dreaming
    Of conquests in my past,
    Lying near a sunny window
    Waiting for its warm repast.

I remember our first visit,
    I was coming to you free,
    Hoping you would take me in
    And keep me company.
    I wasn't young or handsome,
    Two years I'd roamed the street.
    There were scars upon my face,
    I hobbled on my feet.

I could sense your disappointment
    As I left my prison cage.
    Oh, I hoped you would accept me
    And look beyond my age.
    You took me out of pity,
    I accepted without shame.
    Then you grew to love me,
    And I admit the same.

I have shared with you your laughter,
    You have wet my fur with tears.
    We've come to know each other
    Throughout these many years.
    Just one more hug this morning
    Before you drive away,
    And know I'll think about you
    Throughout your busy day.

The time we've left together
    Is a treasured time at that.
    My heart is yours forever.
    I Promise - This old cat.

Author Unknown

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 200

To dream of horses means you will amass wealth and enjoy life to its fullest extent.

To dream of dark horses signifies prosperous conditions, but a large amount of discontent. Fleeting pleasures usually follow this dream.

To see yourself riding a fine bay horse denotes a rise in fortune and gratification of passion. For a woman it foretells a yielding to
    persistent advances. She will enjoy material things.

To ride or see passing horses denotes ease and comfort.

To see brood mares denotes congeniality and absence of jealousy between the married and sweethearts.

To see spotted horses foretells that various enterprises will
    bring you profit.

To dream that you ride a horse in a race means you will be
    prosperous and enjoy life.

~ The Encyclopedia of Dreams

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 201

Thank you, Lord; for this food you have given to our village,” Warren prayed. “We thank you for such a beautiful land, and for the live-given sea. We thank you for the belugas, Lord. We ask you to bless the belugas, those that have given themselves today so that we can live, and those that still swim in the sea.”

Gift of the Whale

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 202

We are all aware of the sensory powers our dogs possess: how
    emotions travel down the lead when showing; including anger and frustration, joy and pleasure. We also know the comfort we receive when our canine friends sense we are sad, grieving or ill. Psychic research is now considering whether dogs have greater power of insight than humans. I believe that this could well be the case.

A middle aged and very practical friend of ours lived in Ludlow and owned one of our dogs, Jasper. Sometimes she walked him in the grounds of Ludlow Castle, parts of which are reputed to be haunted.

One particular day, Jasper, normally an obedient little dog, was
    not at her heels as expected. Looking back she saw him standing
    stock~still, following with his eyes the line of the castle wall,
    along which the ghost or spectre of the Lady in Grey was said to
    walk. Nothing either then or subsequently would persuade Jasper
    to pass that place again. ESP?

~ The Contemporary Dachshund

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 203

Declawing:
    Suzanne Weaver

A cat who had a manicure,
    That is, its' claws removed,
    was brooding on the state of things,
    with hopes they would improve.

No longer could it scratch the couch,
    The rug remained intact;
    The furniture looked good for once,
    The glasses all stayed stacked.

Each day dragged by,the cat was bored,
    To motivate got tough.
    Without my nails I'm half a cat,
    I might as well be stuffed.

A thought came to it with the dawn,
    while it was still in bed;
    A claw is fine but what the hell,
    I'll use my teeth instead!!!

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 204

I never married, because there was no need. I have three pets at home, which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog, which growls every morning, a parrot, which swears all afternoon, and a cat that comes home late at night.
    -- Marie Corelli

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 205

There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet lea-e a landscape as it was before. ~ Robert Lynd

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 206

The problem with elephants in the night is that they become invisible. Even if you shine a light on them, you don’t really see them. Possibly it’s because at night you need to get relatively close to things before you can see them, and the very size of an elephant up close offers no recognisable view of the whole animal. All you see is darkness.

As a rule I tried to avoid driving at night, but one Friday evening after attending a school function with the girls, I had no choice but to drive home in the dark. About halfway home, the massive bulk of an elephant bull loomed up rather too late in the beam of the headlights. He had his head in the bushes alongside the road and his behind on the track directly in front of us. I slammed on the brakes, pulling up right under the elephant’s rump. His hind legs buckled at the knees (as usually happens when an elephant is startled) and his enormous posterior began descending onto the bonnet. Waiting for the colossal crunch, I closed my eyes, but luckily the elephant changed his mind about sitting down and charged off, screaming with consternation as he crashed destructively through the bush. The landscape shuddered. My daughters giggled. I was in shock and my teeth chattered the rest of the way home.

~ The Wilderness Family

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 207

Here are a few quotes by Mark Twain:

"A man who carries a cat by the tail is
    getting experience that will always be
    helpful. He isn't likely to grow dim or
    doubtful. Chances are, he isn't likely to
    carry the cat that way again, either. But if
    he wants to, I say let him!"

"Of all God's creatures there is only one
    that cannot be made the slave of the lash.
    That one is the cat. If man could be
    crossed with the cat, it would improve
    man, but it would deteriorate the cat."

"One of the most striking differences
    between a cat and a lie is that a cat
    has only nine lives."

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Puzzle 208

...The Snow Storm …

I was fortunate that the wind had piled the snow at the side of my home, and with the help of the spade I could clear a way out of both the front and back doors, although I doubted if I should ever be able to dig a path to my gate.

An eerie light flooded the house, partly reflected from the snow, and partly from those windows which were plastered with it and filtered the morning light.

I soon had my kettle on, and was thankful that the electricity had not failed. But I was perplexed that Tibby had not appeared. Surely that comfort~loving animal had not ventured out during the night?

By mid~morning there was still no sign of Tibby and I was beginning to get alarmed. There were no tell~tale footprints around the house, but then they would soon have been obliterated in last night’s conditions.

I rang the Annetts and also Mrs. John in the hope that they had seen him, but there was no help there. I called until I was hoarse, hoping to hear an answering mew from some over~looked shelter, but nothing happened. I had gloomy visions of the poor animal entombed beneath the blanket of snow like John Ridd’s sheep in Lorna Doone. How long could a cat survive without food in such a situation? One thing, Tibby had plenty of surplus fat to live on, as Bob Willet was fond of pointing out, but could the cold kill him?

I began to get more and more agitated as the hours passed, and remembered all the captivating ways of my truant, and how much his companionship meant to me. By the time early evening began to cast its shadows, I was near despair. At that moment, the lights began to flicker continuously, and I decided that it would be as well to delve into the recesses of the cupboard under the stairs to find the ancient Aladdin lamp stored there.

I undid the door, and bent double to locate the lamp in the gloom. A lazy chirruping sound met me, and Tibby emerged sleepily and greeted me with much affection. Relief overcame my initial irritation with the maddening animal. Why had there been no response to my anguished cries? Why, last night of all nights, had he decided to sleep in the cupboard? I suppose I must have left the door ajar on my first visit there for candles, and then automatically shut it in passing later on. In any case, it was good to see my old friend, and a double portion of Pussi~Luv vanished in a twinkling.
    . . .

Changes at Fairacre ~~ Miss Read
    Last edited by Fuzzy317; 11-10-2002 at 08:51 PM.

Fuzzy317's Pictures