Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dogs are..... EVIL!!

My dogs are..... EVIL!!

Jamie was outside with Calypso (black lab mix - smaller and thinner than Chips - I think she looks like a little Whippet) this morning. Chipper and Calypso are in so I took the pups out so that they could romp and play together.

An hour later, a woman from the office came up and asked what kind of dogs they were. We told her and she quickly snaps that we have dangerous breeds and they must be leashed immediately.

We just looked at her and she went on to rant that there were children living here and they were at risk with our DANGEROUS BREEDS running loose.

Jamie and I just couldn't believe what was coming out of her mouth. So we called the dogs and went inside.

God forbid Chipper lick anyone to death.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Well, maybe if the kids were covered in watermelon rinds they might be in danger* ... but I think they're in more danger from being around a crazy woman trying to bring fear into their lives needlessly!

* I have never seen a dog snarf down a watermelon rind as quickly as Chipper did one day at the Dog Park - it was amazing!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Well, maybe if the kids were covered in watermelon rinds they might be in danger* ... but I think they're in more danger from being around a crazy woman trying to bring fear into their lives needlessly!

* I have never seen a dog snarf down a watermelon rind as quickly as Chipper did one day at the Dog Park - it was amazing!
    He snarfs down ALL food that same way. He eats every single meal like it's his last.
    Friend to Kia, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Harley, Baby Crested, Mei, Esme, Jasper and Lucy Inara, along with the hermit crabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fett View Post
    He snarfs down ALL food that same way. He eats every single meal like it's his last.
    Yeah, we'd totally fail the 'food test' you see on Animal Cops. We'd be charged with cruelty if anyone every accused us of not feeding him.

How ignorant. Are there rules about certain dog breeds where you live?
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Ugh I hate people who try to tell me stuff about MY dog. Just like that lady did to you.

One summer I had Honda at a school function car wash and some lady came to me and said it was too hot for her and she should be inside with fresh water. I'm like... I make sure she gets all the water she wants here. She's fine, I believe I would know MY dog. And walked away.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Ugh... I third the Boooooo vote for annoying naive people... they just don't have any idea, but still insist on giving their .02. Blah.

Maybe she saw them rough-housing and has never seen two dogs play... Sometime they do sound mean and vicious.. I know B and Z used to play really rough before Eli joined us.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

There weren't restrictions when I moved in. I'm not sure about now. Though a guy just moved in with a pretty blue pit upstairs, so my guess would be no.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth View Post

Though a guy just moved in with a pretty blue pit upstairs ...

The poor Pit Dad prolly hasn't met the Dawg Police from the "front office" yet.

True Tail:

Every once in a while someone will look at SmokeMutt and ask:
    "Is that one a PIT BULL?"

My 'Shocked Dad' standard reply:
    "Is he a PIT BULL? ... Does THAT ONE (Cinder) look like a Pit Bull?
    He just got the floppy ears and short coat genes ...
    They're 'Brother and Sister'!!" (Well, they ARE - now.)

The usual next comment:
    "Oh, yeah ... I see the resemblance now ..."

Yeah ... the only 'resemblance' is their faces ---
    noses to eyebrows they are almost twins.

Think what you will.

i've met your dogs..... is the front office person 1-likely to stay at this job for more then 3 months? if there is a lot of turnover at the office, you can likely ignore this one 2- has she shown that she is...challanged...about other reality based issues? ...whatta wacko....
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I would've told her to mind her own damn business. Some people's ignorance just truly amazes me.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

WOW!!! I'm glad I don't have Daisy and Delilah there. She might consider them bully breeds too with their dangerous tail wagging.

This woman needs to do some research and learn how to act around dogs.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Even though she is nuts, I would be careful of letting the dogs near her.
    She sounds like the type that could "come up with a story" about how your dogs attacked her and cause you some trouble.

I would also let other pet owners in your building know she is a trouble maker.

Jocye, they actually do have a pretty high turn around at the office. The landlord is a bit of a sleeze and hits on all the women that work there.

We have been letting other tenants know as we see them. I'll be keeping a close eye on the pups.

Give your sweet babies a hug for me, we all know how sweet they are.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!