Thread: Very Disturbing ..... A "Feral" Child!

Very Disturbing ..... A "Feral" Child!

I had never heard of this before! So very sad!

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=9983981
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Rare but not unheard of, link.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

That's why I think there should be a test you must pass to be a parent. We have to pass a test to drive and other things.
    And there are so many people who would be great parents but are unable to conceive.
    That is so sad.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

WoW that is a Sad story of this girl.. However she has good loving parents now & a lot of time ahead.. I hope she will learn more & more & be able to grow out of this..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

More on her story:

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

As a parent I can't see how anyone could do that to a child. It makes me really sad...

Sickening!

I read the entire newspaper article. I honestly feel physically sick right now. Her mother's IQ is low but she seemed to live normally up to a certain point. I will never understand how she could do this to her child.

A mere slap on the hand for the mother too. It's absolutely ridiculous. Feces all over the walls, living in filth, unspeakable filth, roaches everywhere, etc. What a story. I'm flabbergasted. The mother said she was doing the best she could? HUH???

Unfortunately, I'm sure this is happening more than we know. We can see that in the link that blue gave us.

I really hope that little girl can some day be a fairly normal child for her age but I don't see it. Bless the family that took her in and adopted her. These people are saints. Disgusting and hard to believe!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I saw something on AOL News last week about her. There was a link in that story to a detailed story of her entire life and how she came to be with her new family. I will try to find it. It was really long but a very compelling read, and included multiple excerpts from interviews with her (clueless) mother.
    EDIT: the back-story link was included the link psoted in #5: http://www.tampabay.com/features/hum...icle750838.ece

That is sick! How could someone do that to a child?
    -ErinExotic:]]
    Snowbelle's Catster:

I never watched Will Feral on Saturday Night Live...So I hope he pays dearly for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    A mere slap on the hand for the mother too. It's absolutely ridiculous.
    I read the article, and the only way she would agree to relinquish her parental rights (which sadly one gets merely by giving birth) is by getting no jail time, just probation.

The little girl has made amazing progress, and while I doubt she will ever be "normal," it is heartening to know she is now experiencing love and care, and is responding.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    I saw something on AOL News last week about her. There was a link in that story to a detailed story of her entire life and how she came to be with her new family. I will try to find it. It was really long but a very compelling read, and included multiple excerpts from interviews with her (clueless) mother.
    EDIT: the back-story link was included the link psoted in #5: http://www.tampabay.com/features/hum...icle750838.ece

Thank you for this. The whole story is a very interesting read. Its nice to see that the girl IS getting better with the help of her whole family. I think love, compassion and prayer will go a long way for this girl. My prayers are with her and her family.
    I only wish that the "mother" would have been punished more severely. This type of treatment of a child is inexcuseble. Anyone who watched this go on for YEARS needs to be punished too.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I read the article, and the only way she would agree to relinquish her parental rights (which sadly one gets merely by giving birth) is by getting no jail time, just probation.

The little girl has made amazing progress, and while I doubt she will ever be "normal," it is heartening to know she is now experiencing love and care, and is responding.
    I was taken aback at how the mother was acting so heartbroken over the loss of her daughter. For heavens sake, why didn't she take better care of her when she had her with her? I wonder how the boys are these days? Unfortunately, I don't remember if it was mentioned in the article.

Bravo to the people that collaborated on that article. It was a wonderful piece of journalism.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!