Thread: First BF, advice anyone?

First BF, advice anyone?

I've been dating this guy for a week and 2 days now, a close friend of mine named Chris and he's my first boyfriend. It may seem weird but I haven't see him in two years. But in my defense, I talk(ed) to him everyday through texting, IMing, Facebook, or myspace. Somehow or another we would talk. He hasn't changed one bit at all since he moved away. I have known him for over 5 years, he used to live around the block and we would play together everyday whether it be in my pool or playing pokemon cards or video games xD. My mom always said she saw potential in us. He lives in the next town over BTW

ANYWAY, I'm his first GF and he doesn't seem to know exactly what to do. I know he likes me, and I like him ALOT but he just does weird things. We talk everyday through text and IMing and I was going to hang out with him yesterday until I got "grounded" ()..So anyway he doesn't seem to make much of an effort to talk to me. I text him first always but after I text we have long conversations and he always says cute things. I always have to IM him. I know these are little things but I think maybe it's because he's nervous about his first relationship. I was thinking of breaking it off but I think it would be the stupidest thing if I did. We have alot of potential because we both like each other alot and we have basically everything in common. I think I should wait til after I hang out with him a few times to decide? Any advice...

Wow that was awkward XD

first relashinships are ackwards.... but they do get better with time... boys tend to take longer to get he idea.. hehe.. we´re just ahead on them in that field even if it´s our first bf too...

with all the common thing you have you shoud at least have a great time... just don´tt try rush him as you said he most likely doesn´t has a clue

enjoy your time and take it easy... who know what might time bring
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Just take it one day at a time. Don't expect too much at first in the way of texting and IMing, he'll come around, trust me. The first few weeks/months will be the most awkward, and it should only get better!

Good luck, but most of all, just have fun and like I said...one day at a time.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Whats this! I never told you that you could have a boyfriend, they are distracting and nothing but trouble!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Whats this! I never told you that you could have a boyfriend, they are distracting and nothing but trouble!
    LOL They are! haha

Honesty is a must for any successful relationship. My advice is to just be open and honest about what is bothering you. He might not even realize that he's doing that. Maybe it's just me, but the men I've dated take a while to clue in.. doesn't matter how old they are.

That said, I'd give him a little bit longer to see if he's just trying to get used to a new relationship. It's always hard.. your first is just nerve-wrecking! If it's still bothering you after a week or two, go ahead and bring it up in a non-intimidating way.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Relax, sweetie! Imagine living in a time when there was no such thing as IM-ing or email! Constant contact isn't necessary, and I don't think it matters who initiates a contact, as long as you both enjoy the conversation when it happens! Take it slow, and you'll be less stressed.
    I've Been Frosted

Yes Dear the advise of slow & easy with the relationship will for sure work out the best.. Now I can remember when there was No Microwaves, Cell Phone & Ect.. We had at one time growing up what they called Party Lines.. Meaning you had to share a phone ## & line with about 6 to 12 other familys.. Does anyone remember that??

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Get him a book written by a 9 - year - old.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/28038281/
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Get him a book written by a 9 - year - old.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/28038281/

That's adorable. I SHOULD get my boyfriend this book.

Anyways, relax, don't worry, do whatever you're doing - go with the flow, roll with it, things work out when they're supposed to/meant to be.

Good luck!

P.S If you ask me how it is that I am still with my boyfriend of over two years, I don't know the answer to that one, but I can say, if you feel that spark between you two, that amazing chemistry that you don't lose from day one, it's a good sign.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Relax, sweetie! Imagine living in a time when there was no such thing as IM-ing or email! Constant contact isn't necessary, and I don't think it matters who initiates a contact, as long as you both enjoy the conversation when it happens! Take it slow, and you'll be less stressed.
    Suddenly I feel reallllllllyyyy old.

Congrats on the new BF, Alyssa. Knowing you, he's already crazy about you. Enjoy!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm sorry mom

Thanks guys, you're right. Texting and calling isn't the most important thing in a relationship. I really wanna make this work and I really like him and I don't want to give up on him for this one little flaw. I'm *probably* hanging out with him this Wednesday. I'm not worried about it being "awkward" at all.
    People always told me that the first date is awkward and alot of my friends bring a friend on their first date. I never understood why anyone would go out with a guy they felt awkward around.

Just asking! What does this question have to do with pets? Go to YahooAnswers.com and ask that.
    Kisses!

Madison

Quote Originally Posted by My_Babyz16 View Post
    Just asking! What does this question have to do with pets? Go to YahooAnswers.com and ask that.
    This is in the general section so it is general talk and discussion and sharing of our lives. We are one big happy family...and Alysse is my surrogate daughter and a friend to many on this board. We don't just talk pets.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

This is in the general section so it is general talk and discussion and sharing of our lives. We are one big happy family...and Alysse is my surrogate daughter and a friend to many on this board. We don't just talk pets.
    Thanks again, Mom Anyway, if you haven't noticed all the threads in this part of the forum are not pet-related. This is the "general" forum for anything. Trust me, I've been on Pettalk since 2006 I know by now

Honestly I do really appreciate the advice I got from posting this. I guess I was sweating the small stuff too much in a first relationship.

Honey you took the words right out of my mouth, was just going to say don't sweat the small stuff,you have a good head on your shoulders, you will be fine, just don't let it become too intense, enjoy each others company, have fun,and take one day at a time, don't expect too much and most of all HAVE FUN ok.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️