Thread: How fast do cysts grow, anyway?

How fast do cysts grow, anyway?

I was playing with Cassy's tummy tonight and something seemed wrong with his nipple again. It was small, but he had another of what Dr. Stephens called a cyst again. I broke it off as she had. Is this normal? How fast do these things grow, anyway? It doesn't seem to hurt him to have them manipulated OR broken off, but I'm worried again.

Previous thread on this subject
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

That's so strange, Pauline!! Are they sebaceous cysts, filled with fluid, harder?? When you "break it off," does something come out? I've never heard of these kinds of cysts, myself. Could it be from an ingrown hair?? More info! Poor Cassy, and poor worried Mom! Have you called the vet back?

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I don't know much about cysts but this sounds abnormal to me. I'd get a second opinion or at least call the vet again and tell him that it grew back again. Poor Cassy, I sure hope that he'll be okay. Good luck.

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    ...Are they sebaceous cysts, filled with fluid, harder?? When you "break it off," does something come out? I've never heard of these kinds of cysts, myself. Could it be from an ingrown hair?? More info! ... Have you called the vet back?
    Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. She said it was some kind of cyst, but I don't remember the details now. The one at the vet's office seemed to be filled with something more fluid than solid, but it was thicker than water/milk, like a thick lotion, sort of. She said she thought he'd had something trigger a lactation and that the cyst formed after. What triggers lactation in males??? She also pointed out that cats have 8 nipples -- and we quit looking after finding the one that she broke off. Maybe whatever triggered his lactating happened in several and we only found one at the doctors and then I found a different one last night? **confused** [Sorry, I know this sounds idiotic. It's kind of hard looking at his tummy, though. He loves tummy rubbies and it's hard to tell one nipple from another when he's wriggling around... ] The office was closed when I found the one yesterday and I was rather intimidated about calling the emergency vet after we'd had such trouble finding one at the regular vet and I'd broken off the 'evidence'.

I'm so glad you guys are here to let me ramble on...
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/