Thread: #&*%#*!!!! stupid post office AND stupid SSI

#&*%#*!!!! stupid post office AND stupid SSI

I didn't get my SSI check today but I did get a questionaire to fill out, they want that before I get my check...no warning at all. that is just WRONG! they say I filled out something a while back and they want more info...I do not remember filling anything out so I want a copy. but it was dated Feb.23, and post marked the 26th. and I don't get it untill today, the 3rd!!?? I have to call the SSI office tomorrow, I tried today but good luck getting thru! and I am going to file a complaint with the post office, to delay it this long, when it was mailed within the same town! in Dec. I got 4 pieces of mail for someone else in one day and another day someone else got a bunch of my mail. I wish postal persons would learn how to READ!
    something as important as this and it's delayed a week and a half!?

vet bills, electricity etc., ...food.. what do they expect people to do! I did not need this now with everything else.

anyone else ever have trouble with the post office delivering things late?

I have not, since living at this house. We are within a stone's throw of City Hall, so maybe that helps, I don't know. We joke that the postal service has a pneumatic tube between Dad's house and mine, as I often get things the day or at most 2 after he mails them, and he is 45 miles away!

Was the questionnaire from SSI, or from the Post Office?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We are within a stone's throw of City Hall, so maybe that helps, I don't know.

Throwing rocks at a building scares the occupants.

We are used to email, Private messages and all the other electronic 'instantness' we have in our lives now. I have marveled and always
    thank the people who work for the postal service because I know what work is involved with taking 'physical paper' from one spot to another.

I have learned that the post office works 'overtime'-As Karen alluded to-I am always amazed at the promptness and timeliness of a birthday card, payment or other snail mail that ends up where I want it to go.

Here's a thought?

Think about all the mail that a 'mail room' has to process!
    Think about the last bag of mail that shows up on a Friday afternoon, at quitting time!

We are way spoiled by out tech these days.
    We have to remember that there still are people involved with any process-and they do the best they can!

I've got to say that I have been amazed at the efficiency of the PO for the last several years. I'm glad they're doing a good job with us. Sorry you had so much trouble.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

No. I get mail later in the day than I'd like, but I rarely have delayed mail or wrong mail. Actually, we've had the same mail people for ages. My city isn't teeny but it's personable and friendly so we rarely have problems. My mailman has a crush on me, leaves flowers for my birthday and holidays and freaks when I'm ill. If I'm accidently short on funds (ie: leave wallet in glove compartment in car) the clerks cover me and then I run and get the balance. I know there are tons of problems. But for once, I consider myself as lucky as he$$.

I've been Boooo'd!

We've had horrendous problems with mail for many, many years back including:

- a bill payment that took 32 days to go about 25 miles away. That made me have to pay a stop check fee, a late fee, and reissue a new check that arrived just after the cancelled check. Boy did that cause some serious billing issues and pony express would have been faster.

- had bills delivered already past due when I opened them

- mail in my box belonging to my neighbors

- mail in my box belonging to people that have not lived at this address in over 20 years.

- mail for people in another state

- mail for people in another country (you read that right, I got mail that was supposed to go to Canada once).

- have found mail laying in the grass outside that was supposed to be either picked up or delivered by the mail person.

Where I live all our mail is now routed through the central post office, which is 30 miles away. So if I want mail something to my next door neighbor, I put it in the post office, it goes 30 miles to the central post office, gets sorted, bagged according to the computer's idea of how it should be delivered (no sorting at all is done at our local post office anymore), and it's sent back the 30 miles to be delivered to my next door neighbor.

I've complained to the post master numberous times, but not nearly so bad as the time I had the bill payment not show up on time which was mailed two weeks ahead of the due date. Our postmaster gave me some lame speech about how everything is sorted by computer and is run through a machine to sort it and that if some kid tries to mail his friend a pencil it will clog the machine and the next 5-7 letters will get shredded. I thought that was a lame excuse trying to pass off the blame to some random kid rather than doing his job.

I have found that mailing from the post office itself (inside only) has greatly improved the rate that my stuff gets where it's going so I never mail anything from the house or from the outside drive up boxes at the post office anymore.

Funny thing is I've gotten to know our new mail lady. Well I say new, but she's been delivering at our house for about 8 years now. It does help our mail to get delivered correctly compared to before, only an occasional mistake once or twice a year now because she take extra time to make sure on each piece before she puts it in the box.

I was talking with her the other day and was telling me she had been arguing with someone on the phone about how they didn't get her bill payment which was mailed on time. The lady from the bill company said 'well you know how the post office is'. My mail lady said 'yes and I work for the post office so I know you got it'. Funny thing is as she is telling me this she stops, leans over and whispers, 'yup, I work for the post office, so I KNOW it didn't get there'. ROFL Even she has a problem with the postal service and she works for them!!!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I hate my mailman. I don't get my mail till 6:3O PM. I went to the post office and complained about it. Didn't do much good. It's funny how I saw him sitting in his PO truck in our parking lot not doing much. It was around 3 pm. Gee, ya think he'd deliver the mail or something.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

well I did get the check. late but at least I did get it. I have also received mail that is addressed to someone by another name, and another address number AND street!!

Post Office - GRRR!

I have a very RECENT post office story of grief!

I mailed EIGHT bills in the beginning of February (including my MORTGAGE). By the 19th, not one of those checks had been presented for payment. My husband called the post office, they said they'd investigate and get back in 24 hours. They never did. I had no choice but to stop payment on all the checks, go on line or phone, and repay all those bills (along with all the late charges). It is now March 10 - I'm STILL dealing with the ramifications of that! Most of the checks were finally presented on or about February 23rd. I had notified ALL the payees of the situation and repaid ALL of the bills. I am now dealing with additional late fees, returned check fees (even though I told them NOT to process those checks), and other problems. The mortgage alone was a NIGHTMARE!

I feel your pain!

I had the bank holding my credit card freeze my account and change the number because I didn't receive a statement this month. It was mailed Feb. 21; it's March 10! Anyone could get ahold of my account number. I do as much online banking as I can, but it doesn't help if you don't know how much you owe.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

And on this happy note: stamps are raising again in April!

Another case of we get to pay more for less!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~