Thread: hhusky/collie

hhusky/collie

hi just bought a 4 month old little girl, mother is a husky and father is a collie.. can you tell me which breed she looks like. i have looked at pics of them both and cant make my mind up
    Attached Images Attached Images  

dad was a Border Collie?... she does resemble him... but it might be the color thing... do you have body shots.. how´s her fur like??... it looks kinda plushy but I can´t be so sure...

there are BC´s with erect ears too ...

she´s a cutie

can you post pics of mom and dad too? thanks

and welcome
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

husky/collie

no unfortunatly havent got parents pics.. she fairly tall and her fur is quite thick but not bery long. you cant really tell from picturs but her black has got a brown tinge to it. her mum resembles alaskan husky (i think lol) she is grey and white, her dad is bc, neither are very big dogs.

shes a little theif! keeps nicking our shoes and sneeking them out the cat flap!

very funny ltle girl, madly in love with my rottie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_0931.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	614.7 KB 
ID:	41853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_0977.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	41854  

Definitely looks like a border collie, but with the erect ears and facial "stripe" of a husky. She's adorable!
    I've Been Frosted

thanks

i thought more like boarder collie but shes so tall and streamlined

father was a KC show type BC or a would he be whats is more refered to in the UK as a working sheepdog? thats makes a difference, the show type are short and stocky, the working sheepdog(AKA REAL border collies) vary wildly. example, I have 2 purebred BCs that would be considered working sheepdogs in the UK, one could pass for a whippet if I shaved her and the other has been mistaken for a pit bull lol, so tall and streamlined in this case would mean nothing at all for a BC lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

thanks for your reply

he was quite stocky i suppose.. it was her mum that was streamlined

my fault for not really researching b4 i got her but she was just so adorable i couldnt say no

shes the cleverist little pupp i have ever had, so easy to train.. but vey lively, she never stops!

i have heard that huskys can be very domineering???????

Huskies can be very stubborn - and independent. Like any intelligent dog, it's good to establish who is boss before they get big enough to challenge you for the job. That, and NEVER let her off-leash in an unfenced area. Huskies will run and run for the joy of running, and get somewhere with no idea how to get home.
    I've Been Frosted

I would definately say shes leaning to Dominent Border Collie. But may keep the shorter muzzle on her. You will know as she grows older and develops a rough on her chest area.
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    shes the cleverist little pupp i have ever had, so easy to train.. but vey lively, she never stops!

i have heard that huskys can be very domineering???????
    Be prepared...that won't change. I have three husky-border collie crosses ranging from 12 to 2 years old. Only the 12 year old, Pingo, has slowed down even a little and she will still lead a dog team occasionally. The nine year old, Sundin, runs in circles all day while throwing his toys in the air. A few weeks ago he had major wounds to his head and face. Slowed him down for a day. He was running in circles the day after surgery to put his face back together and in harness again before the stitches were out.

The 2 year old, Tehya, is in a league all of her own. I've run her up to 40 miles in a day and never ever seen her tired. She's extremely bright, socialable, sweet and on more than one occasion has driven me to the bottle. She needs a job and a ton of exercise. If I don't keep her busy, she will entertain herself, often in destructive ways, doing things I don't like and a few times doing things that were a risk to her life! I crate her at night, not because she actually needs to be in a crate, but just so she will stop, leave the other dogs alone and rest!

Huskies are very independant and stubborn. If they think they can push you around, they will! They have little desire to please their owners. No self-respecting husky obeys a command just because a human gave it, at least not consistently. They are infamous for their lack of recall...a loose husky is a missing husky! The border collie side might off-set some of those traits, but be very careful with ever letting her off-leash!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Thanks very much for your replies.. i am new to this forum and didnt really expect any

i have a 6 year old male rottweiler, 3 cats and my little neesha (husky/collie). She is very very obedient and so far does do anything i ask her to.. i hope it lasts. The breeder i got her from did tell me to keep her on a lead also, i have let her off in our local park because it is completely fenced in and she is so in love with blade (rottie) that she never leaves his side. My dad let her out by accident yesterday and i come home to find her sat at the gate crying to come back in.. needless to say my dad got a stern telling off!! she is a very loyal puppy and i hope she continues that way as she grows up.. we are very exited to see what she will look like as she gets bigger

thankyou for your welcome onto this site.. it is much appreciated, my fiancee, friends and family are getting slightly fed up with me constantly talking about my little tribe.. nice to get to know some pet loving people

First of all welcome to PT.

Second of all I think Neesha is a perfect blend of her breeds. She is adorable. Please keep posting, we'd all like to watch her grow into a beautiful adult puppy.

Blade is a handsome guy too. He reminds me of my friends late Rottie, Sage.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Welcome to PT I hope you stop by dog general and share plenty of pictures and stories of Blade and Neesha!! Both of your dogs are adorable, but I'm a bit partial to Rotties. I just lost my girl about a year ago.

See ya around!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

shes got the coat and ears like a husky but the colour of a border collie