Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Ugly" Cat is Big Star at NH Vet Clinic

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

"Ugly" Cat is Big Star at NH Vet Clinic

http://www.wmtw.com/family/18814224/detail.html
    Awww, he's not ugly -- he's just "different".

EXETER, N.H. -- A cat aptly named Ugly is attracting a lot of attention at an Exeter vet clinic, where clients say they can't take their eyes off his striking appearance.

The cat's full name is Ugly Bat Boy. He's bald in most places except for flowing fur on his chest, and he spends his days on a warm computer at Exeter Veterinary Hospital, reported WMUR-TV in Manchester, N.H. Bat Boy has become something of a local star.

People come in and take pictures of him on their cell phones," said veterinary employee Christie Hartnett. "He's just great. He's Dr. (Stephen) Bassett's little wonder cat."

The cat's striking appearance is normal, for him. He was part of a litter of four with a sister that looked just like him. That kitten died at only a few weeks old, but that was long enough for Bassett to become enamored with Bat Boy.

"The owner knew that I liked the way the sister looked, and I came in from lunch one day and this cat was sitting in a cage, and the owner said Dr. Bassett liked this cat, so that's it," Bassett said.

Workers said many people who come into the building can't really believe what they're seeing. But they said despite appearances, Bat Boy has a nice disposition and real inner beauty.

"The impression from clients that come in is he's not real because he just sits so still, and when he does move, he scares them, but they think he's mesmerizing," Hartnett said.

The office staff was getting so many questions about the cat that they put up a couple of fliers saying he's about 8 years old and perfectly normal in every way -- just ugly.

He has the run of the place and all the attention he can handle.

"He likes it here," Bassett said. "He's comfortable. He likes the people petting him. So, he enjoys it."
    Last edited by kuhio98; 02-28-2009 at 08:25 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

AWWWW!
    To me hes not ugly at all, just unique!!
    After all hes a creature of Our All mighty Lord God above!!!
    And after all it would be boring iif we all looked the same.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hee Hee! Maybe he doesn't think HOOMINS are anything to look at either!

What a handsome man!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I will admit at first glance it's like - ugh! But then you look at him and he just looks like such a sweetheart.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

He looks like a hairless cat wearing a feathered boa. And since I like hairless animals, he's not at all ugly to me. He's awesome. I'd pick him out of a room of normal-haired cats anyday.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Bat boy

He is the epitome of Magnificence

God only sends you what you can cope with.

He's just got a "spiky do"............just like me!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Oh boy. He's unique alright but then I've always had a soft spot for unique cats.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

He's not ugly at all! He is a true individual, and he looks just like the Good Lord made him to look!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a wonderful, handsome kitty!!!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He's gorgeous in my book. Wish he was up for adoption. I'd scoop him in a heartbeat!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I think he's lovely, I can't see any animal as ugly.

God made him that way. He is quite lovely, actually. There is no such thing as an ugly cat!

I assume he's a Sphynx cat with hair growth? Would that be a normal mutation or is it fur that has grown because of a medical or stress related problem?

Such a Cutie Sweetie Handsome Gent.. I would say he has Character & much Crisma..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

WOW that is a VERY different looking cat!! He looks like a lover though! My fiancee thinks he looks like an old man with a beard. Thought this needed a bump.