Garber made his final journey this morning on his own.
He was 2 years and 11 months old.

For those who might not have seen the thread in Pet Health: a recent vet appointment showed that both of Garb's lungs were inflated. Yesterday he would not eat nor drink and I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was ready to go. He passed away just twenty minutes before the vets opened... today was the day I was going to help him to the bridge by having him PTS. I am glad he was able to go peacefully on his own instead of having to make a stressful trip to the vet. My heart is still broken, though...

This rat meant so much to me. He was such a big, squishy lovebug. He was always one of the first to greet me when I walked in my room; when I would let him out of his cage he would run straight up my arm onto my shoulder. He would stay there for hours if I allowed it. He had a marking just above his tail in the shape of an upside-down heart... something I always loved to point out to people. Gosh.. I'm going to miss this little bugger.

Rest Easy, Garbie. I hope you are having a marvelous time up at the RB with your old buddies Sid, Venny, and Otto. The group is finally back together again. I will always hold a special place for you all in my heart.