Thread: Cats playing like dogs

Cats playing like dogs

It's funny that Luna finds these typical cat games (like catching a dangling toy) boring, but she loves when I'm throwing little objects (like a little piece of soft wood from the flower soil). She would pick it up with her mouth and bring it back to me. Then she wants me throw it again, like a dog!

The other day, I was eating chocolate and folded the paper to a little stick (you know, these kind of silly things you do sometimes for no reason), but Luna started playing with it, then picked it up and brought it back to me, it was obvious that she wanted me to throw it. When I do this, she jumps high in the air and catches it with her paws, you can see that she has a lot of fun. She has tons of toys and finds them all boring, but she loves this simple game - just too funny!

Kirsten

Tibby likes games like that too. I realized she LOVES to play ball. She has this mylar crinkle ball that she loves to chase after. THe other day I was tossing it and she would bring it back to me. I even accidentally tossed it in the water dish and she stuck her face in there and got it out!! Then the ball was a little too heavy because of the water in there, so she played soccer with me. I would toss it and she would start kicking it with her front paws until in was in front of me again.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Fetching

Our dear Maine Coon Cat, Billy Bob, was a great fetcher. I could even throw his little mouse into a dark room and he would find it and bring it back to me. He dropped it at my feet like a dog does with a ball. Then I would throw it again and he would be off. Oh, what fond memories of that. He has gone to the other side of the rainbow bridge now. We have three wonderful cats including our Maine Coon girl and it has been a year last May since his death, but still when I think of our B's there is the tug at my heart... Perhaps it will always be so.