Thread: My rabbit is being aggressive

My rabbit is being aggressive

Hello, my rabbit Nefertiti, has been acting a little strange. If I cup my hand and place it on the floor she attacks my hand and runs, and if my guinea pig gets in the way she will scratch his face. She dose not act aggressive another time. She is a wonderful pet !

How old is she? How long have you had her? When did this behavior start? Maybe she's trying to make a game out of it? (The thing with your hand).
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    How old is she? How long have you had her? When did this behavior start? Maybe she's trying to make a game out of it? (The thing with your hand).
    She is 6-7 months old. I saved her from a horrible pet store in a mall. See at first I thought that she was making a game out of it, then she started running and hiding and had an aggressive stance and that makes me think she is fearful. See I only discovered this earlier this month when I was on the floor picking food that she knocked over up. And if cheeto (guinea pig) gets in they way of her running she attacks him.

Okay, I suspected that - time to make an appointment to get her spayed. The hormones are kicking in around this age, and females can get territorial. Getting her spayed will be better for her health (bunnies tend toward ovarian cancer otherwise), and she won't feel as much need to defend and mark her territory.

We used to play a game with our bunny we called toreador - I'd wave my bathrobe, and she charge at and through it, grunting and spinning. Maybe try that - but make that appointment first!
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, I suspected that - time to make an appointment to get her spayed. The hormones are kicking in around this age, and females can get territorial. Getting her spayed will be better for her health (bunnies tend toward ovarian cancer otherwise), and she won't feel as much need to defend and mark her territory.

We used to play a game with our bunny we called toreador - I'd wave my bathrobe, and she charge at and through it, grunting and spinning. Maybe try that - but make that appointment first!
    See I know I need to get her spayed. The only thing is. The town I live in I worked for the only vet who did small animals spays and when I talked to her about it she was not to confident that she could do it. and that scares me! I love my girl to death. So I am looking at place near my town and the only place I can find that is good enough for her. The cost is an arm and a leg and she is so worth it. But I was afraid that is why she is being that way 

Quote Originally Posted by Amber n S View Post
    See I know I need to get her spayed. The only thing is. The town I live in I worked for the only vet who did small animals spays and when I talked to her about it she was not to confident that she could do it. and that scares me! I love my girl to death. So I am looking at place near my town and the only place I can find that is good enough for her. The cost is an arm and a leg and she is so worth it. But I was afraid that is why she is being that way 
    Try going to http://rabbit.org - they have a good list of rabbit-experienced veterinarians by state, maybe you'll find one closer to you.
    I've Been Frosted

Try going to http://rabbit.org - they have a good list of rabbit-experienced veterinarians by state, maybe you'll find one closer to you.
    Thanks, I just love your site.

You're welcome! Let us know. If you're near me, I know a great pair of bunny vets ...
    I've Been Frosted