Thread: a couple questions about preterm labor

a couple questions about preterm labor

My sister went into preterm labor yesterday and has to stay at the hospital a few days... They gave her a shot to help the babys lungs and also a shot to stop the labor.
    Does anyone know how well the shots actually work?
    She is 33 weeks along. Is that a safe time for the baby to be delivered?
    I havent been able to talk to her so I have no idea whats going on. Hopefully later today I can go see her and see whats going on...thanks

Oh no. Hugs and prayers to you and for your sister. I hope she and the little one stays safe. I have no idea what the shot is and how effective it is.

Nicholas was born at right around 32 weeks and he is just fine. He had to spend a few days in NICU but there is so much more doctors can do for babies now.

*HUGS* and good thoughts headed your way!

The effectiveness of the treatment varies person to person, case to case. Here's hoping she and the baby stay safe!
    I've Been Frosted

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I have had friends and family deliver even earlier than that, and the babies just require more time and care in the hospital than a full term infant. There's always more risk involved in preterm, but medicine has advanced so much now that they truly do work miracles! I don't know anything about the shots, though, I'm sorry. I will be praying for your sister and her little one!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

With the technology they have today, I don't see a problem. Hey, I was born 56 years ago after 36 weeks (about 2 months early) and I've lived to tell about it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

thanks everyone! I went to see her tonight and she seems much better. She just has to hold off a few more weeks..

I think she will do just fine,There is pro's and con's to everything.A friend of mine deliverd at 28 weeks..Kenzie is still smaller being 5 years old but she had done amazing considering the months she spent in the hospital.

Prayers for a safe delivery!

I was 7 weeks early, at 2 lbs 5 oz.. and I'm still here.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred