Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Gia ... my newest foster/rescue baby!

Meet Gia ... my newest foster/rescue baby!

How sweet is this dog!?!? I'm already thinking she is going to go down in the long list of "failed fosters".

She is a two year old, blue fawn Italian greyhound. She is very, very sweet. She is very clingy and needy ... I'm so not used to that with the independent terrier pack!

She is also very scared and skinny. I know they are a naturally thin breed, but she looks like a skeleton. I don't think she was treated very well.

Her name is Lady Godiva, but they were calling her Gia. (Like Gina without the "n", not sure how to spell it.)
    I .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Aww, she is beautiful!! I will be hoping she is a foster failure . We don't have any IG owners here on PT, do we? See, you could be the first.

Welcome to a great home Gia. Hopefully your forever home.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

She looks like a foster failure to me too. She sure would be one if she was being fostered here. I sat in the vet's waiting room one day next to a woman with two italian greyhounds and they immediately got tacked onto my long list of dogs I would like to have. Actually every time I am in the vet's waiting room whatever dog happens to be in there gets on that list.

She is gorgeous!! How is she fitting in with the terrorists... I mean terriers...

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Aww, she is beautiful!! I will be hoping she is a foster failure . We don't have any IG owners here on PT, do we? See, you could be the first.

Welcome to a great home Gia. Hopefully your forever home.

Cricket's Beaker is an IG I believe.

*Thanks Ashley*

Oh, her coloring is gorgeous!!!!

I know someone who is hooked on that breed, she currently has her 3rd (she manages to only have ONE at at time, don't know how she holds off lol). One of hers was quite clingy and needy as well, and she adopted that one as a wee pup. Sometimes it is the breed, sometimes it is the individual, sometimes it is past experiences which make them that way.

They are a delightful breed! Hello Gia! No matter what your past, you are one lucky lady now!

Oh, my, Gia (or Gaia? did I spell it right after clicking on your picture?) You are very beautiful! Welcome, welcome!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Shelteez2 View Post

Cricket's Beaker is an IG I believe.
    Oh, I thought Beaker and Kizmit were both Pharaoh hounds. Oh well, either way, Gia is adorable!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

lucky you both!!!... she´s super cute

I do hope to see more of her as a foster failure hehe
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

She is cute. I'd snatch her away from you if you weren't so far away.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Aww, so pretty. I have always loved IG's, I wanted one for the longest time.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

WOW!!!!! She's beautiful!! I love her graceful look and silvery coat.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

What a beautiful girl she is!!! I'm sure she'll warm up to everyone soon.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Oh, my, Gia (or Gaia? did I spell it right after clicking on your picture?) You are very beautiful! Welcome, welcome!
    I originally was going to spell it Gaia, like the goddess. But my husband said, "If someone around here reads her tag, how many people are going to know how to pronounce that?" Hmmm .... good point. So I just spelled it phoenetically on her dog tag ... Gia. Honestly, we rarely call our dogs their names anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter. Sequoia is always called Boia, Pepper is always Peeper, etc.

She is actually sleeping in the recliner with Pepper and Georgie right now. OMGosh, this is the first time she has not been on my lap, standing up with her feet on me begging to be picked up, or laying on my feet. There is hope!

Housetrained .... hmmm, not so much. But we are, of course, working on it. Separation anxiety ... she could be the poster child. And that's a new one on me, my dogs are all very independent. We'll get there.

She is the softest dog I've ever felt, like satin. And by far the cuddliest dog I've ever had. I actually bought her a sweater today (which she hates). I would have never imagined myself ever putting clothes on a dog.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

She is so sweet! I just love IGs. They are one of my favorite small dog breeds. Poor thing. Looks so scared in that pic. I'm glad to know she's cuddling with the other dogs some. Let me know if you need any help on the SA. Dasher had an extreme case of it when I first adopted him. I do hope she'll be a failed foster. I think she'll be really happy with you

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I love her. She looks so sweet and sappy. I.G.s are on my "list" of dogs that I would like to have one day.