Thread: Joe

Joe

A gorgeous, handsome at-least-partly Maine coon, from the look of him (and the description too) - and 15 is a nice long comfortable life-- thank you for sharing this wonderful family member! Condolences on his loss- but many thanks for the long and happy life you shared with him- he looks like one SERIOUSLY happy, contented Coonster in that pic!
    Congrats on COTD, Joe-- I'm sure you're beaming with pride up at RB, as well you should be-

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    A rose for Joe - and you are certainly deserving of it. I know you are dearly missed, and when that rose bush blooms, your beauty will also bloom again.

RIP handsome boy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

On January 1, 2009 Joe made a new friend in my Beyli, who I lost and he was also just over 15 years old, but I was only lucky enough to have him for nine years. It would have been our 10th New Years Eve together. He also had chronic renal failure so I completely understand your pain and I hope that when Joe was with you, you were able to get the necessary assistance from your vet in order to make his life as comfortable as possible as I did. There is an even stronger bond that is formed between us and our furry babies when going through this disease (and other roller coaster diseases as well I imagine) so the emptiness when they leave when they are gone is felt deeply. Not a day goes by when you don't think about them and perhaps shed a tear in tribute to the love you shared. I also had my best friend cremated so that he will be with me until we meet again.

If anyone else is going through this disease with their beloved cat I highly recommend consulting www.felinecrf.org - and there is also a very helpful forum. So much help is offered from the members who have or are going through this - dare I say, more valuable information that you can even get from some of the veterinarians out there. A diagnosis of chronic renal failure is NOT a death sentence if diagnosed early enough - it can be managed with the proper foods (not necessarily prescription diets from the vets as cats don't usually like them - Wellness, Evo, Merrick, Eagle Pack, and others kept Beyli alive) - as well as medications and fluids. Beyli lived a happy, active 4 years after diagnosis and I did not lose him to CRF at the end.
    Last edited by catlover11; 02-22-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: error
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Well this month Joe and his Friends in the Animal Angel Army are RVING in the South West USA , and taking in Spring Training Camps!
    Hes as fit as a Kitten again, and is enjoying seeing the best Our World has to offer with all the many different kinds of Our All Mighty Lord Gods Creatures.

He wants you to know that hes still with you all in spirit and that he has found just the right place where you can be together.
    One Fine Day.
    The Found Cts salute Your Yeras of Friendship and Comanionship and salute The Friendship of Joe and his Family with a Loving MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW Until You Meet Again.
    In memory of a Cat Called Joe.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

No matter whether the time we have with our cats, be long or short, we miss them so.....From what you wrote, Joe enjoyed his life with you to the fullest. You loved him and kept him safe, and free from harm. In his way, Joe returned the love back to you. What a wonderful tribute the rose bush will be to Joe...Sleep softly, dear Joe...

Joe, I bet you are smiling down from the bridge that you are Pet Talks COTD! You memory lives on pretty boy! Enjoy your day chasing butterflies and rainbows.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Roses for joe

THAT WILL BE SUCH A LOVING TRIBUTE WHEN THE ROSE BUSH BLOOMS! YOU SHOULD HAVE THIS DAY AS COTD AS WELL-I KNOW YOU ARE MISSED JOELOSING PETS IS VERY VERY SAD AND U DO THINK JOE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE WITH YOU IN YOUR HEART HE WAS SOOO HANDSOME AND HIS COAT WAS GORGEOUS. I KNOW WE NEVER FORGET ANY ONE OF THEM WHEN THEY LEAVE US IN THE PHYSICAL SENSE. THANK YOU FOR SHARING JOE WITH US-BLESS YOU SUSANSWATLIN518

So nice to read Joe's story this morning. He was so handsome and obviously had a wonderful, love-filled life. Each of our furry friends brings a unique personality to our lives and takes a piece of our hearts when they leave us that no one else can fill.

Noserubs, snuggles and purrs...Bari and all at Cat Happy

Don't miss Maine Coon Rescue's Fundraiser Cookbook - "Let's Get Cooking with Maine Coon Rescue"

Joe - RIP

My own gorgeous tabby is 17 years old and I know how precious every day is. Joe will be missed, but the rose will bloom and remind you of all the joy he brought.

A rose bush for Joe. What a beautiful way in which to memorialize and pay tribute to a beloved furkid and best friend for life. Throughout your cherished 15 years together the unconditional love you and your Mom shared, the friendship you forged, grew and blossomed with each passing day. And so your precioius spirit will continue to live on Joe, of course in your Mommy's heart, and now too with each and every beautiful new rose that blossoms! You lived a long and full life Joe, but for we humans it is never long enough, is it? But until that happy day when you and your Mom are reunited, just think, she will have all of those beautiful memories you and she made together to cherish, and now your rose bush, to comfort her and put a smile on her face. We're so honored to have the opportunity to pay tribute to you today Joe, to memorialize and share with the world, all that you meant to your Mom, the joy you brought to her life, your enduring legacy of love and devoted companionship.

To Joe's Mom...my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your beautiful boy. I too planted a rose bush in honor of my "first," my Fritz; it continues to grow and thrive some 20 years later. So many of us here have lost a beloved one to CRF, myself included (my Fritz) and we understand, and send you all of our love and support. Thank you so much for making each and every day of Joe's life so special. He was so very blessed to have had a Mom in you, and you, the most loving and loyal furkid in him.

Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Good ol' Joe...!

He was a very sweet, pretty cat. I know that he had a long loving life!

(Miss Kitty, one of my brood, looks similar to Joe - she'll be five in two months).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miss kitty on couch.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	41748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reclining miss kitty.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	41749  

I think the rose is a beautiful remembrance for such a noble friend! Last summer my boyfriend and I lost our 21-year-old cat, Tomas, the day after y boyfriend's mother died. This was not a happy time. I took two carnations from one of the floral arrangements at her funeral and brought them home and placed them on Tomas' little wooden urn. They are still there to honor a most excellent cat, as your rosebush will also be there. Happy COTD for Joe!

Regardiing JOE:"So, they are not underground, But as nerves and veins abound In the g

Thomas Hardy - Transformations

Portion of this yew
    Is a man my grandsire knew,
    Bosomed here at its foot:
    This branch may be his wife,
    A ruddy human life
    Now turned to a green shoot.

These grasses must be made
    Of her who often prayed,
    Last century, for repose;
    And the fair girl long ago
    Whom I often tried to know