Thread: Cats being treated at vermin?

Cats being treated at vermin?

So first I want to say I'm not sure how true this is but this is what I've heard recently.

My "sister" aka very close family friend came over today and was talking to me for a bit. I'm not sure how this came about but toward the end of the conversation we were talking about animals and then she mentioned that something about pests and said "You probably don't want to know how they dispose of the cats at the landfill" that's where her boyfriend works and I replied with "what do they kill them?" She was like yea they throw them in the compactor because they are considered vermin to the garbage and they are told to get rid of them. I told her that if she wanted she could feel free to bring me any cats they get a hold of and I'll take them no problem.

Now I'm very disturbed by that. Is there anything someone could do about that wouldn't that be considered animal abuse in anyway, sure they are suppose to get rid of the cats but what about trapping them and sending them off to the pound? Being crushed alive is no way a humane way to settle that problem. Does anyone have ideas on what to do at all? I'm sickened by the thought of it and I can't understand how anyone could that to any type of living animal.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I would report them to Animal Control for the town or city they are in.
    I've Been Frosted

That makes me sick!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

THAT'S disgusting!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

So Sad...

Not surprised at all. While we are shocked and dismayed how other cultures view animals, it is so common here. I've seen people speed up to run over a bird/squirrel. Not a surprise cats/dogs/any animal is treated that way. And the justice system does nothing. Abusers get away with murder. Literally.
    Claudia

Quote Originally Posted by kitten645 View Post
    Not surprised at all. While we are shocked and dismayed how other cultures view animals, it is so common here. I've seen people speed up to run over a bird/squirrel. Not a surprise cats/dogs/any animal is treated that way. And the justice system does nothing. Abusers get away with murder. Literally.
    Claudia

That's sad indeed. I actually break or swerve (when safe to do so) to avoid hitting butterflies or frogs on the road.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022