Thread: I have registered for The Walk to Cure Diabetes

I have registered for The Walk to Cure Diabetes

I have registered for the 2nd time to join the Walk to Cure Diabetes. I did it last year and really loved it, so I decided to do it again this year. I have had diabetes since 1996 and so this charity is near and dear to my heart. This year I have a team, I've named it "Naomi's Support Group" because it will be with my group of friends who are there for me through thick and thin!

If anyone would like to donate to my team I would truly appreciate it. The link is here:

http://jdrfca.donordrive.com/index.c...orDrive.donate

I really hope I can reach my team goal of $500 - I know it's a small amount but with the economy I think that even the smallest amount counts!

Thanks to anyone who would like to donate, I appreciate it, and hope that I will see a cure in my lifetime!

Is it possible to contribute in US dollars?

I don't think so, so if you wanted to mail a cheque, you could send it addressed to me and I would convert it to Canadian cash and put all your information on a pledge form. It doesn't cost me anything to convert US cheques and money orders so if you want to mail me something, let me know and I will PM you my address

Thanks!

I looked at the form, just poking around, and it lists the US states as well as Canadian provinces, so I bet US donations are allowed!
    I've Been Frosted

Hmm, I looked at the pledge form last night and I thought it said something about CDN cheques.. I will check into it a bit more closely though!

Either way, if you send me something and I put your info on the pledge form, you should receive something back that has the receipt in it. Donations over $20 get a tax receipt, but I'm not sure if it would apply to people in the USA!

I got in touch with one of the event organizers. Cheques/ cash/ money orders all have to be in Canadian funds, and then credit card donations can be made online and the adjustment will show up on your credit card statement.

Thank you for helping out such a needed & valuable charity. I am truly sorry you are stricken with such a disease. I would love to donate but I also walk! This year will be year #5 for me. My nephew was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 2. Our team name is "Kyles Krew". I wish you the best of luck with your walk!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Thanks, good luck for yours as well!

I got my first donations this week! I have $80 USD, so I have to convert it to CDN dollars.

If anyone would like to donate, please contact me - my team goal is $500 so I still have a long way to go!

Thank you for what you are doing.
    You will be walking for me as well.

Hi everyone. I just thought I would give an update. This weekend I am holding a fundraising "Passion Party where if we sell over $1000 of product, we will keep 50% of the profits. Our consultant is amazing. We are also still collecting pledges if anyone would be able to contribute

It would mean a lot to me since I live with this disease every day, and every little bit helps! The JDRF is a worldwide organization, so all the money collected is to the benefit of everyone with Type 1 diabetes, not just people in Canada.

Thanks!

Well, I have type 2 diabetes so I really should be participating as well...guess there's no time to plan right now.

Nomi, is a Passion Party what I think it is??? PM me. I might be interested in attending, depending on when it is.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Slick - HI! Haven't talked to you in a while! I just sent you a PM.

Our Passion Party is tonight, and I'm SO EXCITED! It's going to be a ton of fun, with LOOOOTTSS of food. I'm hungry thinking about it