Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: missing PT members.....

I don't suppose that I count as a missing member, as I do pop in from time to time, although I'm so far behind on everyone's news these days.

I'm approaching the culmination of my 4th year of university, with 2 years (goodness, it's a long slog!) still to go. I'm spending my summer out on placement, so will be busy as ever. I had my first tentative attempts at surgery earlier in the year, which was a wonderful fusion of elation and pant-wetting terror. Everything lived! Before anyone asks...

I also won an externship via an essay competition through my college, in which I wrote about and presented my thoughts on the role of vets in wildlife rehabilitation. It's still, rather frustratingly, in its organisational stages at the moment, but I'll try to update when it's all go. Naturally, there will be a picture thread following the trip!

After three years of renting a flat in London, I'm glad to be back in a household in which pets are allowed! Current lodgers are 4 rats, two of which are mine and two belong to a housemate. I posted some pictures of them when they first arrived, back in October last year, although I realise I have been woeful in updating since then. A recent addition is a rescue hamster, Hulk, who was my housemate's impulse purchase after we went out to buy, of all things, a sink plunger. We did get the plunger as well. He was pretty nervous of being handled when he first arrived, but he's come on leaps and bounds in the space of a few weeks. By the next time I post, it's highly likely that I'll have brought something home from placement! I'll be overrun by the time I've qualified!

Really nice to see a few familiar usernames I haven't seen in a while. And great news regarding K9 Karen.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I'm not too sure if I count as missing either, but I'm BACK - for those who remember me! I suppose it's been roughly 5 years since I stopped posting regularly. I have stopped by on rare occasions to do a little snooping, but that's about it. I see a lot of new faces around here and am happy to see many of the old timers still kicking around. Missed you guys!

I'm 27 now, I was 16 when I joined lol... so a lot has changed. I still live with my parents ... which isn't ideal, but it's all I can manage for now. I recently attended Vancouver Island University and graduated from their Hospital Unit Coordinator (or Clerk) program so I'm trying to get a job at any of the hospitals here on the island. No luck yet though... I do have full-time work in the meantime. I've worked with the same company now for the past 9 years, it's a local grocery chain... I manage our file maintenance department. Basically I take care of all price changes, signage, do data entry, etc. It's an alright gig - don't want to do it forever though. I'm hoping I can get a second job at the hospital and then I'll be able to afford my own place, and hopefully add some new furry family members into my life. Maybe next year!

I've always been into photography but in the last 3 years it has sort of become a side business. I'm still very much an amateur, and have a lot to learn. I do mainly photos of newborns, families, engagements, weddings, etc. I also still do my artwork - although not NEARLY as much as I'd like. Feel free to check out my website.

Manda

Here's some "new-ish" pictures of me.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Blog Entries
    Both you and your cat are adorable Manda, good luck with the job search! I'm sure you'll find something that fits soon enough. Love the Island, husband was born there and we go over often. Nice to see ya.

Thanks Mon!
    Nice to hear! I don't often meet people who have heard of, or visit the island. It certainly is a beautiful place. I feel so blessed to live here...

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester

*Pet Portraits*

Wow, Amanda, I checked out your photography site. Very nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Wow, Amanda, I checked out your photography site. Very nice work!
    Aw, thanks so much!

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester

*Pet Portraits*

I'm missing Rachel (countrywolf07). I'm wondering how she is doing after her cochlear surgery.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I'm missing Rachel (countrywolf07). I'm wondering how she is doing after her cochlear surgery.
    I just checked her blog and her last entry was August 27th. She is also on Facebook, although I am not directly friends with her.

Just checked Facebook and now I can't even find her on there.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I just checked her blog and her last entry was August 27th. She is also on Facebook, although I am not directly friends with her.

Just checked Facebook and now I can't even find her on there.

I found her on FB. Her last post was September 14th.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I found her on FB. Her last post was September 14th.
    Oh good. Thanks.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been missing for a while. Life is busy for me. Ryder is doing great. He will be 2 next month on the 19th. Time flies. This is his newest find, the biggest stick we had in our backyard.

As most people know, I had surgery to get the second cochlear implant. I have been doing VERY well with it. With two on, I hear 80%. Still working on the new implant, so that is only 20% but we hope to bump up that # eventually. The surgeon and the audiologist/speech therapist are all happy and pleased with the results and hoping to see better things for me down the road. Last night, I went to see Dierks Bentley so that was my first concert to have both on so it was a great experience! Tonight I will be seeing Howie Day.

I also just turned 30. So I can't wait to see what 30's will bring me. 20's was a good decade but I'm ready for the next step in my life.

Wedding planning has been keeping me BUSY! We had the final meeting with the priest the other evening so that went very well. We are very excited. December will be here in no time. We just had our first wedding shower thrown by my mom so that was a lot of fun. We definitely have gotten a lot of nice things and most importantly, to replace old kitchen stuff. We also have another wedding shower that is hosted by Mike's mom and sister, so that will be a lot of fun as well. That is in about two weeks. I will be trying on my wedding dress on this upcoming Tuesday and set up alterations appointment later on in October so I am pretty excited about it. NOW, it feels so real. For a entire year, it did not feel real until the final months.

That's about it, really. But I am on Facebook and Instagram. (rmcbuckeye) so I always have pictures of Ryder on there if anyone wants to follow me. As for Facebook, I have different feelings towards it now and I did a major cleanup on the friends list a while ago - I got to the point where I just only would rather have good friends, people I went to highschool with, and people I've known for a long time on there. I just don't like having complete strangers stalking my wall, etc. etc.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!

Take care and stay warm! Fall is here and chilly temperatures are creeping in.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Even when you have been away, you are still a Pet Talk person at the core! We love that the first picture you post is Ryder with his truly impressive "big stick" - Ryder, honey, the rest of us call that a tree branch!

Sounds great that the new implant is already helping, your first concert must have been amazing! And getting the wedding planned and surviving all that - no wonder we haven;t seen much of you! Glad to have you back!
    I've Been Frosted

I've been gone a long time hope to be spending
    More time here I have missed everyone. I
    See a lot of new faces hope to get
    Get to know you all

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Welcome back, so good to "see" you!
    I've Been Frosted

I miss MoFF. Thinking of you and your kitties today, MoFF!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678