Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: missing PT members.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post

Hey Musher Girl ~

You're a V.I.P. (Very Important Purrson) here on Pet Talk ...
    You have a huge following of admirers who 'Live for' and your
    Tails of the Yukon and your Beauriful photography ...

Please don't become a Stranger ... we already *miss* Ya!

{{{Hugs}}}

What Phred said. I can follow the dogs through your blogs, but what about the cats - do they have their own blog site?

I also miss Crikit and her dogs.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I miss Judy, aka shutterbug (I know there's more to her name, but I forget!).
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I miss hearing from Rachel about Hannah & Tucker & also Logan.
    Jackiesdaisy almost never posts anymore.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

And Dorothy39! I miss her cheeriness!

I have gone through this thread and sent several PMs with up to the dozen max addresses each...sorry, mycavyangels, for the repeat!

The name Christie did not autocomplete...nor did luv4dogs...but then, I may not have the right spelling.

Kalei - she was so excited about finding a new home for her elderly meezer Bobo who her parents were going to put to sleep...and then she vanished. I PM'd her a couple of times...I think Bobo went to the Bridge anyway, and she really feared being bashed.

KALEI - IT'S OK!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    I really miss:

Jadapit
    PJ and Baileys Mom
    Bigyummydog
    newmomtoaveiled
    kittycatsdelight
    lobodeb (who actually posted some yesterday!)
    gemini9961
    luv4dogs
    poofy
    parnone
    elizabethann
    flamepony12
    Anita Cholaine

and so many more I can't think of on the top of my head.....
    Too many of you have become strangers! We miss you!
    Thanks for missing me. That means a lot. Work has taken over my life...not necessarily in a good way. I work for a non-profit and times are tough. My job is to raise over $1M for the organization, and right now it's killing me. I wish I could go on PT more. I sneak around sometimes, just to see how people and their pets are doing. I've learned so much on PT and I will never leave. It's my favorite site. Thanks again!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Sarah and Liz, thanks for missing me. I pop in and out several times each week, just not as regularly as I used to. Even in tough economic times, I am very, very busy with work and also some church responsibilities. Plus, you guys will not believe this, but my daughter is a Senior in high school and we have been planning for college and enjoying being with her during her last year at home.

I do keep in touch with Jackiesdaisy (Jackie), who has Perry and Miss Daisy and she is doing fine. They are enjoying retirement and Jackie reported that she has bought a Wii and is having such fun with that! I also keep in touch with Dixieland Dancer (Candy) through a Golden Retriever group we are both a part of as well as through email. She still has Dixie and Dusty and they are doing fine. Sandra (Tatsxxx11), Rachel, Pam, K9 Karen and Jackie all still email with me. We have been good friends for a long time, all because of Pet Talk.

My "babies" are all happy and healthy. Ben and Mack still can't get along, but they are both precious to us. I still do some work with the Golden Retriever Rescue group when I can and Ben and Honey are great ambassadors for them, even though Miss Honey is not a rescue. I'd say she rescued us. I'm not sure what Miss Honey is going to think when her girl goes off to college this fall and she is without her for longer periods. I'll do my best to keep her busy and happy, but Helen is Honey's favorite person in the world and has been for 10 years. Butter(cup) is doing fine, a little less feisty these days (thank goodness ) as are Roger and Milly Cockatiel.

I find it hard to believe that on the 27th of this month, our Lilly (Golden Retriever) will have been gone for 2 years. Scott and I were reminiscing about her last night and I think we miss her as much right now as we ever have. She was a gem, as were Murphy, Zipper and Mimi. You all were such good friends during that awful 14 month period when so many of my precious buddies passed away. I will always be grateful for that.

I miss you guys and will try to do a better job of keeping in touch. Thanks, Catty for pointing me to this post.

Logan
    Last edited by Logan; 02-24-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Another one I just thought of, up there in Montreal.

rg_girlca - mother of Willy and many others, rescuer extraordinaire.

I had a PM from lynnestankard - her life circumstances have changed, hence her 'disappearance' - but she was glad to be so loved, as she always felt on PT. Her furbabies are older but no wiser - she added the to that!

I thought she might have posted here, so I passed on the message just in case...

I miss Emeraldgreen and Kt luvs kitties. They have not posted in a while.

Awwww I feel the love.

Special thanks to Daisy and Delilah and Beeniesmom for mentioning me and Catty1 to alerting me to this thread. I lurk from time to time, but I'll try and start posting more. I miss you guys too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Thanks for thinking about me beeniesmom!

I still lurk, but I just haven't had tons of time to post lately. I'm working two jobs, trying not to fall behind in these bad economic times.

I've actually got an idea for a new music dog video, but I need Gull for it and he's temporarily staying with my Mom. I broke my foot right before Christmas, trying out my nephew's skateboard (FYI, skateboards and laminate flooring, do not mix well). So there I was, rolling around on the floor in pain, chanting, "nobody panic... argh... nobody panic...", while the Collies tossed toys at my head. Not sure if that was their way of saying "Here, have a toy, it'll make you feel better" or "Hey, since you're down on the floor not doing anything, throw this toy".

Anywho, I'm housebound and wheeling around the house in my computer chair and not active enough for Gull right now. I'm hoping to get him back in the next couple of weeks. Miss the big guy something fierce. Oz, on the hand has just been tickled pink to have me all to himself, even though he's pretty much housebound with me. I'm sure they'll both be glad when I'm back on my feet and everything's back to normal.

I'll post a new thread once I get some new pics of the puppers.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Catsnclay is another PTer I miss
    Awww, thank you!

My life as I once knew it has changed forever....

The last time I 'think' I posted I mentioned that my father has dementia and i had to put him into an assisted living home - gosh, that has actually been 1 year ago this month! my the time goes by when you are having fun......

Also this past year I have been in & out of court trying, and got, guardianship for my dad. Learned even more about my 'wonderful' mother & sister.....seems the real reason my sister took me to court was because of her inheritance.....you know what you get when someone actually passes away . For some reason she assumed I was spending her part of the inheratance on my father and saving my part. I didn't even know that was even possible! ...and like I would even do such a thing, but I have found out that money does do strange things to people, so sad.

My father is slowly going downhill which is even sadder. After my sister got her $$$ - yes, to drop the lawsuit she demanded & got her money, she has also slowly stopped seeing my father. She saw him on Saturday, a month since her last visit and was upset when he didn't recognize her, so she only stayed 10 minutes. Upon her leaving she kissed him good-bye and told him that she loved him.....he didn't reply. She then said "DAD!!! I just told you that I loved you!" there was that long, uncomfortable pause then he kept staring straight ahead and said "yeah, ok, whatever". She stormed off in a huff and then he looked at me and asked me who that was......when I told him it was his other daughter, he looked me square in the eye and told me that I was his only child........ and then she wonders why...... My mother is no better, she is the one that started this whole mess plus the dear sweet mother that she is e-mailed me to let me know that my great-aunt (who is 94 and like a grandmother to me) passed away. She emailed me a week after she passed away. Found out via the Hospice nurse that when she was told that my great aunt had less than a week to live she cleaned out her room at the nursing home and (once again) went on vacation. My sister was "too sick" to be with my aunt, so that means she passed with NO one by her side. You would think she would have put our differences aside, just for a moment to call me and at least give me the option of seeing her (her nursing home was just 10 minutes away from my home). But no, I guess she decided to flee and tell me about it later. BTW when I asked her if she was with her when she passed she answered "yes". She still doesn't know that I know the truth.......

So my time has been very busy between my husband, the cats, my dad, the attorney/court thing (that went from April - November), cleaning out my dad's home (talk about having to do something hard!), now I am in the process of trying to do some remodeling/updating to his house to get it ready to be put up for sale. Plus inbetween all of this I have been batteling some illness.....I had my right thumb operated on (in a cast for 8 weeks - can you say 'fun' - not!) they gave me sleeping gas, which I told them I could not take due to a lung problem, then that turned into a nightmare. I've had breathing problems from last July and it is just now clearing up. For months they did not know if I had pnemonia, asthma or valley fever. After many MRI's, CT scans, chest xrays and blood taken from me....they decided that I did indeed have pnemonia. Good thing I went to many different doctors for them to figure this out!

My clay studio has been covered in paperwork for a year now I had to drop out of some museum and gallery commitiments this last year - which upset me, but my dad does come first.

So there it is: the good, the bad & the ugly of it all. I have thought of everyone here at PT, but never had the time or energy to actually get here!!

Thank you for missing me!! That makes me feel special, and I really need that along with a hug or 2!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

P.S
    The kitties are doing just fine, they have been missing me too! I hope to get some new pictures up of Lucky, Yoshi and Taz soon - Taz has become quite the cuddly kitty.....but only on her time -
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Sarah and Liz, thanks for missing me. I pop in and out several times each week, just not as regularly as I used to. Even in tough economic times, I am very, very busy with work and also some church responsibilities. Plus, you guys will not believe this, but my daughter is a Senior in high school and we have been planning for college and enjoying being with her during her last year at home.

I do keep in touch with Jackiesdaisy (Jackie), who has Perry and Miss Daisy and she is doing fine. They are enjoying retirement and Jackie reported that she has bought a Wii and is having such fun with that! I also keep in touch with Dixieland Dancer (Candy) through a Golden Retriever group we are both a part of as well as through email. She still has Dixie and Dusty and they are doing fine. Sandra (Tatsxxx11), Rachel, Pam, K9 Karen and Jackie all still email with me. We have been good friends for a long time, all because of Pet Talk.

My "babies" are all happy and healthy. Ben and Mack still can't get along, but they are both precious to us. I still do some work with the Golden Retriever Rescue group when I can and Ben and Honey are great ambassadors for them, even though Miss Honey is not a rescue. I'd say she rescued us. I'm not sure what Miss Honey is going to think when her girl goes off to college this fall and she is without her for longer periods. I'll do my best to keep her busy and happy, but Helen is Honey's favorite person in the world and has been for 10 years. Butter(cup) is doing fine, a little less feisty these days (thank goodness ) as are Roger and Milly Cockatiel.

I find it hard to believe that on the 27th of this month, our Lilly (Golden Retriever) will have been gone for 2 years. Scott and I were reminiscing about her last night and I think we miss her as much right now as we ever have. She was a gem, as were Murphy, Zipper and Mimi. You all were such good friends during that awful 14 month period when so many of my precious buddies passed away. I will always be grateful for that.

I miss you guys and will try to do a better job of keeping in touch. Thanks, Catty for pointing me to this post.

Logan

Oh Logan, thanks so much for your great, newsy letter. How I wish I were
    a better writer. It is good to know that everyone is doing well.

Enjoy your time with Helen before she flies the coop. They grow so fast.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Catsnclay - HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!

(we have HEARTS on PT now! )