I don't suppose that I count as a missing member, as I do pop in from time to time, although I'm so far behind on everyone's news these days.

I'm approaching the culmination of my 4th year of university, with 2 years (goodness, it's a long slog!) still to go. I'm spending my summer out on placement, so will be busy as ever. I had my first tentative attempts at surgery earlier in the year, which was a wonderful fusion of elation and pant-wetting terror. Everything lived! Before anyone asks...

I also won an externship via an essay competition through my college, in which I wrote about and presented my thoughts on the role of vets in wildlife rehabilitation. It's still, rather frustratingly, in its organisational stages at the moment, but I'll try to update when it's all go. Naturally, there will be a picture thread following the trip!

After three years of renting a flat in London, I'm glad to be back in a household in which pets are allowed! Current lodgers are 4 rats, two of which are mine and two belong to a housemate. I posted some pictures of them when they first arrived, back in October last year, although I realise I have been woeful in updating since then. A recent addition is a rescue hamster, Hulk, who was my housemate's impulse purchase after we went out to buy, of all things, a sink plunger. We did get the plunger as well. He was pretty nervous of being handled when he first arrived, but he's come on leaps and bounds in the space of a few weeks. By the next time I post, it's highly likely that I'll have brought something home from placement! I'll be overrun by the time I've qualified!

Really nice to see a few familiar usernames I haven't seen in a while. And great news regarding K9 Karen.