Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: missing PT members.....

I'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Come to think of it, we haven't heard from Medusa (Mary) in a while. I'll try to pm her, hope all is well with her.
    Hi everyone,
    I had my surgery on June 4 and I'm still on restriction. I had a bone graft done on my jaw again but the infection in the bone was so bad that it had spread to my throat and tongue. So the surgeon had to cut away part of my tongue underneath and I was on strong antibiotics and have just finished them. I haven't been allowed to eat hot or hard foods, can't work out, can't lift or bend (that one is difficult b/c I just do it automatically b/c I've lived alone for so long). I'll need another surgery in 4-6 months and hopefully that will be it for a loooong time. The side benefit is that I've lost weight and can get into pants that I had practically given up on. The antibiotic took most of my appetite away and after being told all the diet restrictions, I'd just as soon not eat anyhow. I have to gag down Ensure w/my vitamins daily so I consider that a meal. When I'm off restriction, I'm going to eat a whole bag of peanuts. LOL The dr. told me to stock up on popsicles, eat lots of room temp. vegetable soup and oatmeal. I used to LOVE oatmeal but it's going to be a long time before I eat it again. As for the veg. soup, I don't like luke warm anything, so I passed on that.

Thanx for thinking of me. It's nice to be missed. I check in occasionally and I'm on Facebook to keep up w/my nieces and nephews but that's about it. I hope all is well w/you and your furkids. My Fur Posse is doing fine, thankfully. I had several home improvement projects I wanted to get done but my ins. co. considers my surgery to be elective (yeah, who needs a jaw anyhow) so I had to pay cash for it. That hurt more than the surgery did so I've put the home improvement projects on hold. "The Boy" and I have been saving for a trip to Italy, so we may have to move that up for another year. Ah well, that's the least of my troubles. I just want good health!

So take care, everyone, and I'll be back soon.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Good to hear from you, glad you are healing after your Sir Jury adventure. Aren't the "must not" limitations annoying? You know they are for a good reason and everything, but still! Glad the fur posse is well and keeping you company at any rate!
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Mary, it's so good to hear from you! Wow, you have really been through the wringer there..

I'm glad things are progressing with your recovery. Take it easy, and tall the time you need to rest up and get your strength and mobility back. I'm glad you have your son and your Fur Nurses to look after you.

My kitties and I are all sending lots of prayers and good wishes and healing energies your way.

Love from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I had wondered what happened to you! Sorry to hear about the jaw infection. And the difficult insurance company. Hope you continue to improve. Do eat to keep yourself well.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I hope you feel better! Stupid insurance company thinking that jaw repairs are elective. Money grubbing bees turds, as Richard would say! I hope your fur posse are being good nurses.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I honestly feel fine, no pain whatsoever. My dr. was surprised at that b/c he said that there was extensive destruction and that it looked like ground meat. Any pain that I felt was before surgery. I could barely bite down or chew and even washing my face was painful. After surgery, though, I didn't even take one pain pill.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Ouch! Mary! That does sound painful, and I am relieved to hear you are not in pain.

I was missing. But I have been found.

I'm thinking of JALB and the Royal Kitties today
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm still alive. I've just been extremely busy with school and such, plus I had a sequence of computer failures over the summer that restricted the time I had to do much of anything. I'll be trying to spend more time on here, as I should hopefully have more free time in the coming weeks.

Hey, there you are! Hope your computer troubles are history!
    I've Been Frosted

I have been wondering if finns mom or kari as i know her is still on here, i don't get by as often as i would like these days, so not sure, so kari if you are around, let me know you ok.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I haven't seen a post from kb2yjx for a few weeks... kb2yjx, hope you are okay!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I am missing ... Mrspunkysmom, Lvpets2002, Moon and Bean... JALB and the Royal Kitties... kfamr and the Muttlies... how is David P?

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    kfamr and the Muttlies...
    I *think* I follow her on flickr... she had the Aussies?

facebook