Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My trip to the ER today

My trip to the ER today

Well this will be a Valentine's Day I'll never forget.

I was at the ER for nearly 5 1/2 hours. Not fun. An hour after my breakfast, I suddenly felt nauseous and had severe stomach cramps. I tried some pepto but that didn't help. I forced myself to vomit and that didn't help either.

After spending nearly 45 minutes curled up on the bathroom floor, bawling my eyes out, Andy finally forced me to go to the ER. They put in an IV, and took blood and a urine sample. 3 hours after they admitted me, they gave me an anti-spasm pill and my tummy started to feel a little better. I was able to hold down sips of water and crackers, so they let me go home. They couldn't find what caused the abdominal cramping, but did find that I had a bladder infection. Go figure. Didn't have any symptoms for THAT.

So I'm on antibiotics for the next 3 days and then I follow up with my GP. If the stomach pain comes back, I have to go in immediately.

My back hurts (they explained from the vomiting), my arms hurt from the needles and I just feel so tired and crappy.

Andy has been wonderful. He nearly lost it when they first admitted me in but he's doing okay now. He's treating me like I'm made of glass though. I'm trying not to milk it for all it's worth.
    Last edited by ramanth; 02-15-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Sorry to hear you were feeling so bad. That sounds awful! HOpe you continue to feel better...and it is okay to milk it a little

i hope you feel better soon, and milk it just a smidge....maybe morning tea and the papers with the pups in bed tomorrow morning
    Last edited by joycenalex; 02-14-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: poor sentence structure
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Oh, what a day! I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and you feel much better soon!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth View Post

Well this won't be a Valentine's Day I'll forget.

I was at the ER for nearly 5 1/2 hours. Not fun.

Andy has been wonderful.
    He's treating me like I'm made of glass though.

I'm trying not to milk it for all it's worth.
    Go ahead - *milk* away! - He owes ya some TLC from his hoppsbittle stay!

Sure hope you start Feelin Better - real QUICK-like!!

{{{Hugs}}}

Oh dear, I am so sorry you had such an awful morning! Glad you are back home and on recovery! Breakfast in bed with the pups sounds like a must for your rehabilitation!

What a rotten way to spend the day! I hope the spasms do not return, and that you feel better soon.
    I've Been Frosted

That's a bad day!! I'm so sorry. I can imagine how scary it was for everybody. I hope you're on the mend and recovering nicely.

A doctor told me that women are prone to bladder infections and alot of times they don't know they have them.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Well, that sucks! I hope you feel better quickly.
    Excuse me for being personal, but don't you have endometriosis? I swear, you exhibited symptoms I had before they even diagnosed it. The pain took my breath away and I could barely move. No warning, just kaboom, whether I was home, driving, at work.
    Whatryataklingabout? Milk it, for cryin' out loud! You deserve to be treated like a queen! Tell Andy he owes you a makeup Valentine's Day!

I've been Boooo'd!

Oh, dear - pain and pokes and prods! So GLAD you are home and I hope you feel 100% soon!

As k9karen said...when you're feeling better, see about getting an ultrasound in case you have endo or something else.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I was diagnosed with endo in 2001 and there was a distinct difference between my usual endo pain and this pain, and this one felt worse than the endo cramps I usually have. So, still don't know exactly what it was. They said probably some kind of severe gastro....something. Basically a really bad case of indigestion I guess you could say.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth View Post
    I was diagnosed with endo in 2001 and there was a distinct difference between my usual endo pain and this pain, and this one felt worse than the endo cramps I usually have. So, still don't know exactly what it was. They said probably some kind of severe gastro....something. Basically a really bad case of indigestion I guess you could say.
    If you remember what you ate today, I'd avoid it for a while - just in case.

I do hope you feel better soon.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better soon and stay that way.

I was diagnosed with gastritis last year and the pain was unbearable. Hopefully this isn't what you have too. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Aaawww whats more romantic that being taken care of so valiantly...way to go Andy, you knight is shining armour

I hope your recovery is fast.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!