Thread: Picture This

Picture This

OK so there’s a slight rise from the back yard to the front of the house. The snow has melted but left a layer of ice that is now wet with the rain. Louie and I slid down and through the gate going in but managed to stay on our feet. Hmmm how are we going to get back?????

Louie went out first, couldn’t get a grip and slid back through the gate. After two tries, I tried to get ahead of him so I could pull him up. I slid back down through the gate…. Managed to get through and tried to pull Louie up. He slid back down on his bum through the gate and his collar came off. I braced myself against the gate post and a tree, got his collar back on and tried to push him through. Slid back down on his bum again. Finally managed to push him through and onto a clear area. Ended up with one miserable dog with very muddy feet and a muddy bum.

Oh the joys of winter.

Sorry I know it isn't funny but How's the bum today??? Has Louie recovered from all this indignation .... Mom how could you
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I thought it was funny too after the fact. He's sleeping right now but I think this afternoon we won't be going into the back yard!

Oh My Gosh!! The joys of winter is right!! That must have been pretty scary at the time. It would certainly scare me! Come to Florida-it's in the 80's here.

I have to confess that I had to smile at the title of the thread. All I could think of was Sophia on Golden Girls..........Picture this, Sicily 1932. A young, beautiful, peasant girl..........

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Sounds like you could have benefited from doing a running slide. Now that would be a sight to see
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    Sounds like you could have benefited from doing a running slide. Now that would be a sight to see
    I'm thinking of a pully system so we can winch ourselves up!

I always feel bad laughing at other's trouble. But your post really painted a good picture. I hope Louie and you are all warm and cozy now!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)