Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 ----SPOILERS INSIDE-----

American Idol Season 8 ----SPOILERS INSIDE-----

Oh my word... have you guys been watching? This week was crazy. Insane crazy. There is NO way that Jamar should have been cut. His vocals were leaps and bounds better than many of the guys that they cut.

Nick Norman.... should not have made it. He never actually sang anything that showed he had any range or ability to stay on pitch.

Nathanial... was a sweet little kid, but just should not have made it through. His voice was good, but among all of the other incredible voices he came out below average.

Tatiana..... please don't get me started on Tatiana... the only reason I can think to assign to the fact that she got through is to add drama to the show. Her voice is passable, not great and her personality is SO irritating... If she makes it past the first round of voting I will be shocked out of my mind.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I'm not good at remembering names but I certainly remember Tatiana
    She has to go!! I think she's a nut case and I can't believe they picked her.

I wasn't surprised at who they picked and who they didn't pick because they always do it the same way. Way too many good ones go and they keep bad ones.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

OH NO!!! I was so hoping Tatiana would have been cut It's on now but I've missed half of it. She is AWFUL! She will probably end up like Sanjaya.. getting through because it's "funny"... I just hope that they judges cut her before the public starts the voting.

I can't believe they put Tatiana through either. She isn't a bad singer, but the melodrama is just ridiculous.

Is Jamar that cute light skinned black guy that wears the cockeyed hat? I thought he had a beautiful voice and had the whole "package".. I wondered if maybe someone (like a producer) saw/heard him and told them "I want him, cut him loose!"

I didn't remember Tatiana's name but I know exactly who you are talking about. She should have been cut with the warning that she needs to cut the drama and stupid act if she wants to do anything with her singing.. and come back next year when she learns to control herself better. Can't you just see her in concert acting like that... in front of all 5 people in the audience ? LOL!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Missy I agree with EVERYTHING you said!! I screamed in agony when they put Tatiana through.
    I also couldn't believe they chose Nathaniel over Jackie. And I'm just curious to see if Nick can ditch Norman and succeed a little.

I think my favorite guy is Danny Gokey, Jamar's best friend. The guy who lost his wife to cancer. The Robert Downey Jr look-a-like.

I'm not sure about a favorite girl yet. Maybe Jasmine. She is a beautiful black 16 year old. There are actually a lot of very young talented singers this year.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I agree with you, Cindy. With the people we have left, there are some great singers there. Some of the people they let go I felt were better than some they kept but that's the norm.

Anyway, we have an incredible group this time. I also love Danny. I couldn't figure out who he looks like and you're right!!

I also agree that Tatiana has a pretty good voice but that rattling on and on and the silly laugh. Puh......lease!!!! Some of the contestants have been told to change their act or else. She hasn't been directly told except for last night when Simon told her to try not to be annoying. It really makes me think it is all for show and they don't mind her doing it to get a stir going.

Does anyone like Jackie, the Janis Joplin voice? I like her but I haven't heard enough of her singing yet to say she's really good.

How about the two family men? The oil rig worker and logger(I think). I think they're both sweethearts. If they don't win, maybe they'll get a contract. I'll root for them to be successful.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I've been watching the show. I have to say, you are good at remembering the names of everybody. I haven't mastered that yet. Though, I do know Tatiana. She has a beautiful voice, but she is way out in left field. I am very impressed with the guys this season. More so than the girls.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I agree with you, Cindy. With the people we have left, there are some great singers there. Some of the people they let go I felt were better than some they kept but that's the norm.

Anyway, we have an incredible group this time. I also love Danny. I couldn't figure out who he looks like and you're right!!

I also agree that Tatiana has a pretty good voice but that rattling on and on and the silly laugh. Puh......lease!!!! Some of the contestants have been told to change their act or else. She hasn't been directly told except for last night when Simon told her to try not to be annoying. It really makes me think it is all for show and they don't mind her doing it to get a stir going.

Does anyone like Jackie, the Janis Joplin voice? I like her but I haven't heard enough of her singing yet to say she's really good.

How about the two family men? The oil rig worker and logger(I think). I think they're both sweethearts. If they don't win, maybe they'll get a contract. I'll root for them to be successful.
    I know the Janis Joplin girl you are referring to. And I think she is much better than the girl last year, I think her name was Amanda. I couldn't handle Amanda on most songs. This girl, Jackie, I think will do better.

Yes, the two guys at the very end. I think they were Matt and Michael (I remember that because I know two brothers named the same). I think I like Michael better, he is the oil rig worker. I think Matt is a welder.

There is another girl I like but I can't remember her name. In the auditions they sent her out and had her come back later. And she found a make-up artist to do her make up for her and changed her clothes. She is pretty with long brown hair. I'm thinking it was Christine or Christina.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I fell in love with oil rig guy from his first audition. I hope he goes far.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

So what did everyone think about tonight?

My fave so far is Danny...

I hope that Danny and Alexis win for tonight's performances.

As for the 3rd place, I think the oil rig guy.. can't remember his name!!

I hate all of them... guess why???

Quote Originally Posted by Nomilynn View Post
    So what did everyone think about tonight?

My fave so far is Danny...

I hope that Danny and Alexis win for tonight's performances.

As for the 3rd place, I think the oil rig guy.. can't remember his name!!
    I pretty much agree, but on 3rd, I'm thinking either the oil rig guy or Anoop. I actually liked the country guy, too.

Some of the ones who were bad kind of surprised me.

I watched it off & on last night. I thought Ricky Braddy was really good.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

The first part of the show was fantastic. I thought we had hit the mother lode this time. That didn't last. We had a series of terrible singers and then the last ones picked it up......or something like that.

The little blond girl is adorable and she can really sing. I also like Danny. He seems like somebody that's stage ready.

I was impressed with Tatiana's calm attitude but the judges made me crazy. Why on earth would they encourage her to act like her usual wild self?? I know the answer. Ratings.

I thought the country guy was better than they thought. He sang "Hick Town". I thought he did a good job and sounded like the guy that recorded it(Jason Aldean??).

I have to also say that I thought Simon was spot on with his comments on just about everybody. He seems to speak the truth most of the time. At other times, his comments are way too rude.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!