Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is hot down under...too hot for me..

It is hot down under...too hot for me..

New Zealand is having a heat wave at the moment, the humidity is like 88 per cent, it is very sub tropical and i HATE it, with a passion, i am not fond of the hot weather full stop, but this is awful,to all those who live in sub tropical countries i take my hat off to you.

We are also heading for another drought in the waikato, the area I live in (pronounced Why Cat Oh), we are supposed to be having a torrent of rain today, but alas it has not come, the humidity levels are supposed to drop soon, i cannot wait, last night was awful, i ended up having two cold showers in the evening just to cool down.

How is your weather?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Also hearing about the fires in OZ.

Prayers sent down to you all!

Be safe and HYDRATE!

It rainy and about 55 degrees fahrenheit, my daughter is out diving in it she would love the heat
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Unseasonably warm - it was 50 degrees F today, so I was able to clear some of the ice on the driveway. But it is still February, so I expect freezing temperatures to return at any second!
    I've Been Frosted

Warm (close to 70) but tornadoes here today.

Hi Carole, I feel your pain. It can get terribly hot and humid in Florida too. We have been yoyoing from really cold to really hot. Just stay indoors and hydrated. Drink lots of water and stay in an air conditioned environment.

Warm about 50 and horribly windy. Lots and lots of rain yesterday here in Ohio. I believe the cold weather is returning soon. Home with the flu which bits.
    Good wishes to all, may your weather be fair and mild regardless where on this earth you call home. Stay safe.

Typical crazy Ohio weather. It was 0 last week and we had over a foot of snow. Yesterday it was 58 w/60 mph winds.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Its actually pretty cold here (for Cali). Rainy and snow in Tahoe. But that's all good. We need rain and snow. I'm going to Tahoe this weekend and the forecast calls for rain/snow everyday.
    Here in the Bay Area when it rains it is usually a bit warmer than it is now. (just checked weather online and its 41F) I constantly have my space heater on under my desk these days. Not usual for me.

But I am not looking forward to a scorching summer. So I do feel for you.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Its actually pretty cold here (for Cali). Rainy and snow in Tahoe. But that's all good. We need rain and snow. I'm going to Tahoe this weekend and the forecast calls for rain/snow everyday.
    Here in the Bay Area when it rains it is usually a bit warmer than it is now. (just checked weather online and its 41F) I constantly have my space heater on under my desk these days. Not usual for me.

But I am not looking forward to a scorching summer. So I do feel for you.

Take your chains!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Sis. I have sympathy for you. In our summer we have 90 degree days with close to 100% humidity. That usually the time I'm usually cutting grass on the golf course. Last night we had thunderstorms and strong winds come through and power lines were knocked down and tree limbs were flying around and I didn't have power from midnigt until about 10:00 this morning. Right now it's 37 degrees and still windy.

Carole, you have my sympathy. I remember how humid it was in Dominican Republic and I bet yours is as bad or worse. I have seen the horrible fires in Australia, so many have lost everything. I hope it cools down soon and you'll be safe. Drink a lot of water!

It's not too bad here, we have just below freezing.

This picture should help cool you down a bit. Wouldn't you just LOVE to lay in that snow - for just 30 seconds.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Can I trade with you? Its been right around 30 F at night and getting up to about 50 during the day...way too cold for me still. I actually LIKE it when the temp goes over 80

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Take your chains!
    Yeah, I know. Thanks!! I'm just glad Bruce will be driving. I hate driving in the snow.
    I also had to remind my parents to bring their chains. They are coming up on Saturday.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Aotearoa- NZ -Kia Ora, Tena Koutou,Haere Mai From the Land of the long white cloud.
    Firstly my darlings, i do not live in AUSTRALIA, shame on you Richard lol, you already know that, NEW ZEALAND is a complete different country,(we in NZ don't really like to be called Aussies,one because we are not, we are Kiwis, and we have a somewhat friendly rivarly between countries, although not always lol, )it is a bit like calling an american a canadian,we are around three hours by plane over the ocean,and OZ gets way hotter than New Zealand normally, but we are catching up fast, we even had 32 c in Auckland yesterday, which is typical Brisbane weather.

I heard the humidity was a 100 per cent, it did rain last night and cooled a little, sadly most of us in NZ don't have air con in their homes, although i am working on that one, i hope to eventually put a heat pump in our home, alas my dental treatment took that dream away last year,but one day one day, our shops are air con though, but none of the schools here are, i feel for my poor girl at school every day in this muggy weather.

Today is a bit cooler, good breeze, but the breeze is quite warm at times, and we really need the rain, bring it on please.

We have some places that are extreme fire risks at the moment too, so what is happening in Oz could well happen here,but not to that extent i think,yes i really feel for my dear neighbours ,it is a terrible time for them over there.

I have decided i love a nice 22 degrees c, that is perfect for me, now where in the world has that all year round? i would shift in a heart beat lol.

Hope you are all bearing your conditions whether it is freezing cold or roasting hot,please Autumn roll on,my favourite time of year.
    Last edited by jewellnz; 02-12-2009 at 05:06 PM.