Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED! Ashes and her kittens. UPDATE in post #50

Thank you for all you have done for Ashes and her kittens. I'm sure your heart is very heavy, because I know from rescue myself it never gets easier to lose any. It always takes its toll on us, but knowing that you did all you could for her and her babies should help you get thru this. Hugs to you and Ashes, prayers for both of you that you get lots of rest and will heal from your loss quickly.

We are so sorry. You could not have done more and we thank you.
    Rest easy little ones.
    GILL & Crew;

The best thing that happened to Ashes is that she found YOU. You did absolutely everything possible, and you know that.

Think of the Phoenix, the amazing mythical bird that rises from the 'ashes' to fly and live again.

RIP, wee babies. You were so loved. So loved. Play as happy babies at the RB.

Tracey, {{{{hugs}}}}.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    So sorry to hear that you lost all the babies. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, it just isn't meant to be. Thank you for all you did, and for being there for Ashes. She sounds like she's going to be just fine in no time.

Peace and love to the little ones now at RB.

Oh, I'm so sorry to see this news today, but like everyone else has said you did everything you could and it probably just wasn't meant to be for those babies. God had a different plan for them, but you helped make their next journey the best it could be. Rest easy little ones and let the healing begin for Ashes (and you!).

I'm so sorry to heart this. RIP little ones. You did everything you could for them.

I'm so sorry to read this. You did everything you could. God bless you and Ashes both.

Those dear kittens knew nothing but love in their all-too-short existences.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You absolutely did everything possible. AND you saved Ashes. If you hadn't taken her in she could have died during the births of the kittens.

RIP kittens
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry to hear this.
    But I am glad Ashes is doing well- if she hadn't been with you she wouldn't have had a chance herself
    She looks like an especially sweet kitty and I hope she gets over it well.
    This seems to me the toughest thing in rescuing

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    A candle burns in PetT for Ashes and the babies she lost too soon.

RIP, tiny litter of kittens.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Thank you....everybody....for your extremely kind and caring words. They really mean so much to me.

I am not sure if I should post this, but here is a picture of the three babies that fought so hard to stay with us.

My boys kept saying how very "tiny" they were and how they looked a bit like rats! Silly kids....but they really were so interested in the babies. They also understood that God had other plans for them and that they are at the RB with all the other rescued pets that did not make it.

Here is Ashes, I took this yesterday after she came home for the vet. She is doing very well. So affectionate! She is coughing a bit, but the vet said it is more than likely from the tube in her throat and the stress. If she is not better in a couple of days, we will put her on meds.

This was taken today. I am sorry it is so dark...my camera seems to have a mind of its own these days! Ashes used the litter box today and I noticed she was spotting (I saw spots on the white towel by her litter box), so I called the vet....because I am just very paranoid! She said that it was normal and should stop in a few days or so, as long as it is not heavy and just spotting, there is no need to worry. I said "easy for you to say"...and of course she laughed and called me a "worried mom"!!

A nice stretch for a tired gal. She always looks like the stretch feels so good!

I sat with her for awhile today and just talked to her, she loved it. I think she knows that I helped her....or at least I hope she does. A few of you said that if not for me, she may not have made it, and I think about it now, and it may be true. If I had not taken her from the pound, she would have went into labor all alone there (if she was not put down first) and they would not have thought to take her to the vet. The kittens that were removed by my vet could have died inside her and she could have died from the toxins...or in delivery trying to pass the dead babies. So, yes we lost 7 precious babies, but we saved Ashes....that is the most important thing. Dave's brother may be adopting her. They have been wanting to get their children (ages 4 and 2) a kitten, but I am convincing them to take Ashes. She is so sweet and still a kitten herself. They will talk about it and come and see her when she is fully recovered. Fingers crossed that she can stay "in the family", then I can see her all the time!!

I will keep you all posted on her recovery. Thank you all again so much. I'm so glad I had you all on my side these last few days....actually, I am glad that I have you by my side all the time!! You guys are great! Thank you again!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Ashes is so tiny, as you say, she's a kitten herself. What an ordeal for everyone! I'm glad that it's over for you. Now all can begin to heal. You did a wonderful job and even though there were no survivors except for Ashes, you did your best and that's all anyone can do.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Poor little Ashes; she is probably very confused right now. How wonderful of you to take her in and help her the way you did. Bless you for doing that. I hate to think what might have happened if you hadn't been there for her.

RIP little babies...........gentle scritches for Ashes............
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

You're a true kitty hero and Ashes does appreciate all you did. Our animals are aware of much more than we think. Please give Ashes plenty of gentle lovies from me? [[[[[HUGS]]]]] times a million are being sent for you!

My prayers continue for each of you.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE