Thread: The Old Man

The Old Man

I had a male fluffy black cat in my feral colony that I called the "Old Man". You could tell he was old, missing a couple of teeth but a real fighter and hang in there type guy. We tried for a very long time to trap him, to try and improve his situation and help but he was very trap smart. Yesterday we had call from a young boy who keeps an eye out on my colony and is building them tree house shelters for them to say the old man was hurt. We, the lady that has been helping me trap, managed to get him and took him to the emergency vet. He had a severely broken leg and because of that and his overall age and health, he was put to sleep. I know he is safe at the Rainbow Bridge, but he had a very special place in my heart. Please say a pray for my "Old Man". Play happly at the Bridge and know that you were loved dearly by Lori and I. I missed you tonight at feeding time.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

I'm sorry to hear about this. Thank you for all your work helping these sweeties!

Old Man is up at the bridge having a good old time with the "ladies". He is not in pain any longer. I'm sure he knew that you guys cared for him and loved him.

RIP Old Man
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

No more struggling for you; only calm, happiness, lots of good food and peace. The humans in your life did their best for you but you were a tricky old man because you had to be to stay alive. So now it would be nice if you would give them a message in their dreams that you're doing well. RIP, Old Man and peace to those who have helped you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Momtomany,

I feel your pain and I am so sorry for your loss. Whether they are you own or from a colony, you grow an emotional bond with each and every one of them. It makes it so difficult when they go to the Bridge, regardless of whether they were yours, no one's or someone else's.

RIP sweet old man. You were loved very much.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

RIP Old Man. Play hard at the Bridge.

I am sorry for your loss. He and all the colony cats do appreciate all the hard work you do for them.

I am crying as I type this. For such small animals, they take such a big place in our hearts. RIP Old Man. You were loved.

When I read Old Man , I was scared I thought it was me.
    Old Man reminds me so much af Smokey who can to us late in life at least 17, and was expected to be gone in 6 months, but was our Friend for 6 years!!!
    And its nice that whatever trials and tribulations Your OLd Man may have had in his youth, in his mature years he was in a very good place, where he had friends and food , and when the time came, someone to see that his becoming an Angel came painlessly , and now The Old Mans in Paradise now.
    And Old Man will be there to greet you, young vital and hapy again when you meet again in love.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry to read your story of the "Old Man". He sounds so much like our cats' daddy. He was a feral boy, seemed happy with his life and being exactly who he was. Thank you so much for all that you did for your Old Man.

Rest in peace, sweetheart.

Sleep softly, dear Old Man....Thank you for caring for him....and all the others...

I'm sorry about "Old Man", but he's pain-free now playing happy!!
    Thank God for you, for what you do and for all that love you gave him and give to the other cats. I know "Old Man" knows what you did for him and is very grateful for it.

Big hugs for you
    astrid