Thread: Youtube help...

Youtube help...

Hey guys! I know I don't post much around here, but I definitely am an avid lurker! :P

Anyways, I've been sitting here for the last hour trying to figure out how to upload a video to youtube.com. Seriously, I thought I was intelligent enough to do this, but apparently not.

My video is less than 1GB (the maximum amount of space for a video on YT) and it's in the right file format (.avi). I can't seem to find anything on youtube's help section about this. Maybe my computer is just being wonky??

Help!!??
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

So how long is the video? Is it less than ten minutes in length? What error message did you get? Do you see a video in your account that says "processing"? It can take a couple hours for them to process a large file ...
    I've Been Frosted

On the Youtube homepage, there is a yellow button in the corner that is labeled "Upload". Click it. I also uploaded a screenshot of it on the site, just in case you dont see it (excuse the terminal that I used, I cant minimize it fast enough before the screenshot takes). The button is in the black square.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    So how long is the video? Is it less than ten minutes in length? What error message did you get? Do you see a video in your account that says "processing"? It can take a couple hours for them to process a large file ...
    No, it is not less than 10 minutes in length. However, I have found hundreds of videos that are no less than 10 minutes. Also, youtube doesn't say anything about it being less than 10 minutes, as long as it's less than 1GB.

It was just an error message saying that it couldn't not be uploaded - it wasn't saying "processing".

{Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

How much over ten minutes is it? Is it something you could trim?
    I've Been Frosted

Like, trim it in Windows Movie Maker? I've run through the video and I don't really think I should/can trim it down much more. It's at like 13/14 minutes right now. Is that too big? If so... bummer.

Ordinary people cannot upload videos more than ten minutes in length on YouTube. Special people, with different account privileges, are allowed to upload a longer video.

There are other video-sharing sites that will probably allow you to upload a longer file.
    I've Been Frosted

I know that Photobucket allows video uploads, not sure how big or how long though, since I don't use Photobucket.

Drats! That bites.

I guess I'll need to find a way to shorten it. Doing it in movie maker just doesn't make sense.... the placement and flow of everything is already there and there's nothing to cut out. But I guess I'll recreate the video and just shorten it then.

Thanks!!

Okay, sorry it wasn't better news!
    I've Been Frosted

Does Google video allow longer videos?