Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHO or WHAT inspired you to join PT?

WHO or WHAT inspired you to join PT?

I thought this would be a fun...down memory lane....thread. Before I joined, I would always look at the DOTD and then I would read all the posts. I was always so touched by tatsxxx11 posts that it inspired me to join just so I could send her a message telling her how special I thought her posts were. The other thing I remember early on was how much time EmeraldGreen always took to help other PTers with a problem. Remember the "kittens free to good homes" post? Her response post must have listed 50 resources for the original poster to use to help with her spay/nueter problem. I remember being so amazed that EmeraldGreen did that research for a person in PA being that EmeraldGreen lived in British Columbia . That certainly wasn't the last time I've seen her put forth that kind of effort to help others. I remember Freedom being the first to frost me and Catmandu making me google what on earth THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS were!

Lucky for me, all of these characters have become wonderful friends through this PT family and I feel very blessed to have you all in my life

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I just stumbled upon the site, and first joined only to comment occasionally on the dog, cat or pet featured daily. It was last winter when I was housebound after fracturing my hip and suffering from boredom, that I joined in on some of the threads. It was all uphill from there............

Amy (WolfQU2) wanted me to join..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I was browsing for cat info and came across COTD. For a long time, I looked at COTD and then I noticed PT!! I read posts for three days and saw one I wanted to reply to, it was a Cat Rescue post, so I joined - and have no regrets!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I saw a link on my nephew's pc, a link to DOTD !
    The rest is history
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I don't remember how or why I found it, I think it was beacuse I was looking for a cat forum and stumbled across PT. I lurked for a year or two, wanted to be sure I would fit in and feel comfortable here. I especially loved the pictures everyone posted of their babies.. I joined and that is all she wrote, here I am still! I it right in, this is HOME!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

i was researching dog stuff for alex, found the site, started reading about cinder wanting to keep the stray she found, and well the rest is history....
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex View Post
    i was researching dog stuff for alex, found the site, started reading about cinder wanting to keep the stray she found, and well the rest is history....

Isn't it funny what we remember?

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I was searching for a pet grief board trying to get the word out about how we lost Kuhio and the importance of microchipping.

I found and posted her story on many, many sites. PT'ers were so welcoming that I joined and stayed and I'm very glad I did!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Google image search kept bringing up pics with DOTD on them and I finally decided to take a look. I didn't join for a few weeks, but there was one particularly cute dog I wanted to comment on so I joined.

Niņo & Eliza

A friend of mine sent me a link on day when there was a handsome GSD as the DOTD and I set the page to my favs and visited it everyday for a few weeks before joining or even lurking thru posts. Once I started lurking I found threads about the gatherings at the Park in Findlay, OH and I knew I had to join!

The funny thing, the friend that sent me the link never joined!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I posted this on another thread, but...
    A fellow choir member told me about COTD; she doesn't go anywhere else on the site. I read for a while, liked what I read and joined. I've been hooked only since last fall, so I'm still a newbie, but everyone's been very welcoming!

Maggie

I had looked at the DOTD site quite a bit and then I noticed a forum. I think some of my first posts were about Orangutango's Tango. Who knew I'd find a forum with people who knew what Toller's were?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I think I was just looking for cat info and landed here...I tell anyone who asks me about a problem or issue with their cat(s) to come in and post a question and they will get more info than they knew existed. And PTers understand, they aren't just my cats, they are my KIDS!

PT Rocks!

I might be wrong and Karen can correct me....
    I think I found the original web site through either the magazine or a link from a dog magazine like Dog World or Dog fancy?

----<---<--<{(@