Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Catmobile Kitties "Krewe" at Mardi Gras

Cassie Cat is so excited! Let the good times roll! Thank you again, Groucho and Pinot for putting this all together!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

WoW look at what we got for the road trip to Laura's house.. Any Kitty Babies for some CrawFish as Snacks??

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Lily is so excited! She's hoping to catch a few beads at the St. Louis Mardi Gras parade before she dashes over to the Arch to meet the catmobile.

Lily, don't worry, Pinot has checked in. The kitties will be joining the Lumiere Place Grand Parade at 11AM as a warm up for N'awlins. Who knew this was such an event in the midwest? They'll all watch the parade, catch beads and treats, and meet Lily at the Arch afterwards. Pinot is hoping they'll see her on the Parade route beforehand, but if not, the meeting's all set.

Party on, kitties!!

According to Pinot & Groucho, things are not only going according to plan, but they were all pleasantly surprised in St. Louis. They saw the parade, caught all kinds of things, and the Catmobile went on to the Big Easy. They promise to check in with their purrents....

Rumor has it that the kitties of the Catmobile Krewe were a big hit at the parade and party in St. Louis! Everyone in the Soulard neighborhood wanted to know about those cats with all the beads. I'm told there will be pictures of the parade.

A Purrrade? Smudge wants in! And a shrimp poboy too, please!

He's so funny about the beads - he doesn't seem to want me to take them away. He sits up, looks gravely at them, poses for a bit, turns around and lies down to sleep with them still on. He's a serious-looking little guy, but who can resist a bit of glitz at Mardi Gras?

Love, Columbine
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All the Baton Rouge parades are over and after a week end of parade after parade, my girls are wore out and resting up for FAT TUESDAY in the Big Easy!! They are taking the day off in hopes of recharging their energy for tomorrow. They are just chillin out around the house.

Boo just collapsed on the bed...

Amy fell on the closest kitty sofa, exhausted!

Giz took the big sofa, exhausted

It is going to be sunny weather in the Big Easy for Fat Tuesday!!

Samantha made it to the bedroom with Boo and took the bottom bunk, to tired to jump any higher...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

So are all our kitties staying with you Laura? That must be some houseful!

I was assuming arrangements were made for everyone to stay in the Big Easy in the Catmobile, we are about 1- 1 1/2 hours away, parking is terrible down there right now and going daily would mean having to park so far away. Between the drive times and finding a place to park, then walking to where the parades are.. there would be little time and energy left to have a good time. I had thought the catmobile would accommodate everyone for the time they would need there and had arranged a GOOD parking spot in a convenient location. My babies aren't even going today but plan to spend the day there tomorrow and come home when the party breaks up since they have partied so much in Baton Rouge already (they are regretting that now.. ).

Just as well someone has some local knowledge and knows the best thing to do. I'm sure the catmobile is more than confortable to live in, and all those fishy snacks! Heaven.

The Catmobile is safe and secure in the Big Easy with all kitties checked in. They have a great parking spot just far enough away from the revelry, but close enough not to miss anything. Pinot & Groucho have made cell phone contact with Laura's Babies and lvpets fur purr clan; they know where to meet. Sparkler's kitty guards are set to make sure she's well taken care of and helped along.

I understand they got in town for the Proteus and Orpheus Krewes last evening; they were scheduled for the Zulu and Rex Krewes this morning. Pinot & Groucho are keeping us posted!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have just returned from dropping the girls off at the catmobile and they are MOST excited about the Zulu parade.. Giz's main thing is she wants one of those famous Zulu coconuts! She has a big sack to put it in and does not plan to share her prized catch if she gets one.

It will be a long exciting day for all but I will have to wait until I get back in March to read all the reports on how much fun they had and WHAT if any problems they had, WHO got into trouble... I will be picking up my girls tonight when they shut the party down, bring them home then head out to catch my boat.

Groucho just checked in and says our kitties are having a wonderful time! Everyone is quite comfortable in the Catmobile between an ample supply of tasty food, soft pillows and warm blankets. His favorite part so far was hearing Dr. John sing Iko Iko. All of our revelers are getting along well, watching out for each other, and on their very best behavior. Lady Edwina said the Catmobile Krewe got themselves a primo parking spot. Hmm, no word about when our babies plan to head home.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

My girls are going to be so happy that they got to see Dr. John and heard their fav song.. Darn! I got a text message from them saying they were going to see the Doctor and I thought they meant the white coats and have been worried to death that someone was sick or got hit with a Zulu Coconut this morning! PHEW!! Why couldn't they have just said Dr John!!??

I think for Mardi Gras they come through the French Quarter with fire hoses and run everybofy off at Midnight but I am hoping the Catmobile will just sit tight and let all those who have drank to much get home and off the highways before they start leaving there. That will give them time to rehash the day, swap phone numbers and addresses and get to know one another better... OR get some sleep and rest so they will be wired when they get home wanting to show off their throws and repete the days activities. I just HOPE nobodys paws got stomped when reaching for that favorite throw that landed on the ground... THAT HURTS!