Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Catmobile Kitties "Krewe" at Mardi Gras

Eve has been busy checking flight connections and YES she can get a flight to Philly connecting through Toronto She will be able to hook up with the Found Cats and travel with company How sweet is that !! It's going to be a busy week
    Last edited by Bengalz; 02-14-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

My girls are getting in the mood now, BIG time! The Baton Rouge parades have already began, they had some last night and they start at 2 pm in Baton Rouge today and my girls are ready to go. They want to invite all the kitties that have already arrived to join them but warn all, they are calling for rain and storms today and tomorrow so be sure to bring rain coats. You will need some sort of bags to put all the throws in that you catch also. They have heard they are throwing treat and toys for all the kitties and there are rumors that there will be some Canadian Catnip being passed around in the crowds .(so be sure you talk to them about catnip before they leave home! I don't know how that rumor got started or WHO plans to furnish it)

My girls say it is time to Les Bon Ton Roulette!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

3. The Es are thinking they will head for Philly too if that is alright. You know how Edwina cherishes every moment with her JJJ3 and Eddie....well he still has sweet dreams about his dances at the Inaugrual Ball with the Gray Ladies from Killearn (all THREE!!!!)....

The girls cannot wait to see Eddie again. Such a wonderful dancer ...

And of course - they are from the west of Scotland - they are prepared for rain

Lily, are we swinging through St. Louis, or did you book a flight?
    Roco, my sweetheart, have you made arrangements to fly into New Orleans or are we picking you up?
    Baboo & Norah, the Vermont kitties, The Found Cats Hotel - Plane, Train, or Catmobile (or combination)?
    Phinehas and Malachi have not checked in; it seems the health issues are keeping them busy right now.
    Anyone who said they were coming (above) and have not patched in their travel plans - the Catmobile will be dispatched to make sure you don't miss the party. We have plenty of time to make it to the Mardi Gras with Laura's Babies!

See you all soon & Laissez le bon temps rouler!

Pinot

Lily will meet the Catmobile near the Gateway Arch, if that's OK. If the timing's right, everyone can watch the Soulard Mardi Gras parade in St. Louis next Saturday before heading on southward.

Great news fellow kitties! The Catmobile will be here late Wednesday afternoon so we'll be hitting the road early on Thursday morning (even before Meowmie has her first coffee). I'll check in with Pinot about where we should go first but the extra day will allow for more join-ups. Also, if any of you will be coming on the Amtrack train I need to know ASAP, the train station is only blocks away from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Purrs View Post
    Lily will meet the Catmobile near the Gateway Arch, if that's OK. If the timing's right, everyone can watch the Soulard Mardi Gras parade in St. Louis next Saturday before heading on southward.
    Sounds like a plan, Lily! We'll see you there.

Just one more thing fellow kitties, make sure that your cell phones are charged and turned on. We'll call you from the Catmobile when we reach your neighborhood.

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Dear Groucho and Pinot,

Thank you very much for organizing the Kitties "Krewe"! I will send my cell phone with Cassie Cat, just in case.

Have a wonderful time,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Final check in time!

This is the second time I'm trying to post this schedule - the last one got lost in space!

OK Kitties, this is it, the schedule of arrivals/pick ups for the Catmobile!

Groucho will meet up in Philly with Inka's group, the Killearn ladies, the Vermont kitties, Eve, Eddie & Edwina, the Canada contingent (including Norah, Baboo, and the Found Cats Hotel, Snowbelle & Honeybun). Groucho will have snacks for all, since the airlines don't feed you!

If the whole Canada contingent is not present and accounted for, we'll have to make some cell phone contact at this point, because the Catmobile is then scheduled to head for:

BWI: Where I'll have met (and also fed) Cassie and the Phesina clan (Elmer, Bob, Poppy, Sydney, Sparkler and Peony).

We then head to St. Louis to retrieve Princess Lily.

After that, we have another grey area. The lvpets2002 group has not checked in with their arrangements. If they are NOT on the flight into PA, we will assume we're picking them up in TX BUT will call Roco to confirm en route.

Then, we meet up with Laura's kitties for the Mardi Gras!

IF there is anyone not on this list, please let me know now!!

Laissez le bon temps rouler and see you soon!

Your friend and copilot,
    Pinot

10. Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I will send my cell phone with Cassie Cat, just in case.

Elyse
    Do you mean Cassie does not have her own cell phone????

Hey no need to drive to Texas & then back to LA.. We will be headed that away to Laura's for pickup.. Anyone from CA want to fly into DFW & the Furr Purr Clann will pick all up & head to Laura's..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh, Roco, I'm so excited to hear from you and the Furr Purr Clan! I was getting worried!! We'll dance the night away!

I'm trying to get caught up on my beauty sleep in time for the big excursion. I'll see you all soon!

Pinot

Hittin' the road!

OK Kitties, it's time for Mardi Gras! We're all set to meet up and hit the road tomorrow! Wear your beads, say bye bye to Meowmie and I'll see you then!

Pinot

My girls have the MG fever big time! Mardi Gras week end is fastly approching. The closer it gets, the higher their excitement. They are screaming at me to make a seafood gumbo for all their guests to snack on before they leave for the parades. Any of their guests coming in on the Amtrak train, we can pick up, there will be plenty of room in the cat van for all, even can pick up the late comers at the airport on our way into the Cresent City. A reminder! Be sure to bring bags for the toys and treats you will catch! Still calling for rain so be ready to get your paws wet!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Okay fellow kitties,
    The eco-friendly hybrid Catmobile is here! Food, toys, nip, and some soft warm blankets are on board. My lovely Inka, her sisters and I will be leaving Trenton very early tomorrow morning headed for our first pick up spot. Please check Pinot's itinerary for details.

Be sure to keep your cell phones on. We'll be calling you when we reach your neighborhood so you don't have to wait outside in this cold weather. Get a good night's sleep so you're ready to party hearty!

At last, we are on our way!

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE