Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iGoogle Gadgets for Pet Lovers!

iGoogle Gadgets for Pet Lovers!

People have asked about this, and so we respond! We have created "gadgets" for people to put on their iGoogle homepages. Here they are:

http://PetoftheDay.com/gadgets

You have your choice of Dog, Cat, Pet or all three, and they will automatically update every day!

We are considering creating gadgets for Facebook and others as well. If you have any interest, comments, or suggestions, please let us know!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    People have asked about this, and so we respond! We have created "gadgets" for people to put on their iGoogle homepages. Here they are:

http://PetoftheDay.com/gadgets

You have your choice of Dog, Cat, Pet or all three, and they will automatically update every day!

We are considering creating gadgets for Facebook and others as well. If you have any interest, comments, or suggestions, please let us know!
    I've had these on my iGoogle for quite a while now, along with the old Dog of the Day which brings up random previous DOTH, and Random Cat of the Day also. It's nice when all the cuties, previous and current, pop up on my home page when I log on!

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I've had these on my iGoogle for quite a while now, along with the old Dog of the Day which brings up random previous DOTH, and Random Cat of the Day also. It's nice when all the cuties, previous and current, pop up on my home page when I log on!
    You know, we did not create the "random" one. We have had people ask for it, and perhaps we will make one ourselves. Several other people created "random" ones using the Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day from our website without our permission. I don't like those. Does the one you have have ads next to or underneath the Dog or Cat of the Day?
    I've Been Frosted

You know, we did not create the "random" one. We have had people ask for it, and perhaps we will make one ourselves. Several other people created "random" ones using the Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day from our website without our permission. I don't like those. Does the one you have have ads next to or underneath the Dog or Cat of the Day?
    I dont think it has ads, since I used it once. Although, that was quite some time ago. I once made a script that did nearly the same thing, but it was for personal use only .

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    No - yours doesn't have any ads, however the random DOTD does, but random COTD doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    No - yours doesn't have any ads, however the random DOTD does, but random COTD doesn't.
    Thank you for checking. We knew ours don't, but were not sure about the others.
    I've Been Frosted

If you have an iGoogle page, please download our gadget or gadgets. Tell your friends, too, okay?

Having an iGoogle page is something you already have if you are a gMail user, though you might not know it! When you are in your gMail account, click on the link for "web" in the upper left part of the page - that's your own customizable iGoogle homepage.
    I've Been Frosted

I had your Igoogle gadgets that I really enjoyed. This is how I found Pet of the day. It worked fine up until a few days ago. It no longer works and only has ads that have nothing to do with PT. In fact there is no way to get to Pet of the day unless I create my own link. it used to come up with a previous pet of the day with options to go to pet talk , pet of day or polls. This no longer works.

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    I had your Igoogle gadgets that I really enjoyed. This is how I found Pet of the day. It worked fine up until a few days ago. It no longer works and only has ads that have nothing to do with PT. In fact there is no way to get to Pet of the day unless I create my own link. it used to come up with a previous pet of the day with options to go to pet talk , pet of day or polls. This no longer works.
    That's because you have the gadgets someone else created. You can delete those, and download ours, and everything will work again!
    I've Been Frosted

I thought i had your's all along, I tried deleting and reloading and still the
    same old ---- nothing but ads. This all worked perfectly until day before yesterday. There were no ads before. even though it says dog of the day
    when you click on the picture as i did before nothing happens. There is a tab that says dog stuff that wasn't there before, It has a bunch of links for stuff. Another tap that wasn't there before says photo, It does not work. i don't understand why everything changed and I can not get back to what I had. I can still go to dod directly but it does not give me the random previous dog as before.

I thought i had your's all along, I tried deleting and reloading and still the
    same old ---- nothing but ads. This all worked perfectly until day before yesterday. There were no ads before. even though it says dog of the day
    when you click on the picture as i did before nothing happens. There is a tab that says dog stuff that wasn't there before, It has a bunch of links for stuff. Another tap that wasn't there before says photo, It does not work. i don't understand why everything changed and I can not get back to what I had. I can still go to dod directly but it does not give me the random previous dog as before.
    You need to download the gadgets from http://PetoftheDay.com/gadgets - those are the only ones I can guarantee will always work!
    I've Been Frosted

Is this one of the gadgets that you can set to show up on your desktop? Or do you have to go somewhere to view it? What would the purpose of the gadget be and would it help you guys out if we did install it? I'm not familiar with many of these tools and tweets, just because I haven't looked in to them I guess. If I knew what the benefit to me or to you would be, I'd be happy to install them.

i'm a little confused about google gadgets. When i found pet of the day to began with it was a google gadget. It looked just like the one I just downloaded from your link. The only difference is I did not have to do anything to view a dog. It always showed a previous DOD and you could select dod from a menu to the left identical to the one on this link. What was this other gadget. Why did it just change for no reason. I would think
    it would have to come from you since it has access to all of you previous dod's. This other gadget did not have any ads.

i'm a little confused about google gadgets. When i found pet of the day to began with it was a google gadget. It looked just like the one I just downloaded from your link. The only difference is I did not have to do anything to view a dog. It always showed a previous DOD and you could select dod from a menu to the left identical to the one on this link. What was this other gadget. Why did it just change for no reason. I would think
    it would have to come from you since it has access to all of you previous dod's. This other gadget did not have any ads.
    It did not come from us. Someone else made it, and used all our content without ever contacting us, asking permission, paying attention to copyright, or responding to email. So we created our own, which you now can get by following the link above. This one, we have control of!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    Is this one of the gadgets that you can set to show up on your desktop? Or do you have to go somewhere to view it? What would the purpose of the gadget be and would it help you guys out if we did install it? I'm not familiar with many of these tools and tweets, just because I haven't looked in to them I guess. If I knew what the benefit to me or to you would be, I'd be happy to install them.
    The "gadgets" you install on your iGoogle homepage - if you have a gMail address, you have an iGoogle homepage, whether you know it or not. The benefit to you is you'd see the new Dog, Cat and Pet of the day each time you needed to Google something! I also, for example, have the local weather gadget on my iGoogle page, which is handy.

And yes, it would help us if you added our gadgets, and if you subscribed to our Twitter feeds (on Twitter.com - see that thread) - the more popular they become, the more people will find them, and come to the sites!
    I've Been Frosted