Thread: Don't know how y'all do it!!!

Don't know how y'all do it!!!

We here in North Texas got hit by that ice storm that passed through a couple of days ago. I have never cleaned so many muddy puppy feet in my life!! I don't know how you all who live with the ice and snow all winter do it!! My hat's off to you!! I don't have a mud room or anything so my kitchen floor is a muddy mess, and I'm not cleaning it until I know there will be no more puppy mud!!! Here are a couple of pictures of Boomer aka "Mr. Muddy Paws". Cassie wasn't much cleaner!!

And another one...don't look at the floor!!! HA

Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

The first photo is nice but that second one . . . I love the raised paw and head tilt!

We just learn to go with the flow, walk them in the garage a bit, have rugs on both sides of the door, and keep towels handy! lol.

LOL! Cute! You don't think of it after a while. Always have a towel by the door. Talon is my messy kid. He LOOOVES mud and can make your dirty little boy there look squeeky clean in comparison. My RB Gracie was bad too. She was a digger.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The first photo is nice but that second one . . . I love the raised paw and head tilt!

We just learn to go with the flow, walk them in the garage a bit, have rugs on both sides of the door, and keep towels handy! lol.

Yes, he was showing his little cocky boy puppy self in that picture! HA

Oh, Boomer, cutie! If I had a towel I'd reach right through the monitor and help you with your paws.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Wow, Boomer is getting so big!!! And just as cute as ever!

Yeah, I hate it when it rains. Zoee is good about stopping right inside the door to get her feet wiped. But Taggart is still learning. And then he has to get his nose right in the middle of us while I'm trying to clean off Zoee. Ugh, puppies!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Well I just made Tanner booties. There is a lot less maintenance that way. Soon as the he walks in the door I just rip 'em off his feet and rinse them in the sink. After that I towel dry them, and stick them upright on the heat vent in the floor to dry They are felt so they stand well on the heaters. They are all warm and dry by the time potty break comes again!

Quote Originally Posted by lute View Post
    You don't think of it after a while. Always have a towel by the door.
    Yep, it's hanging in the doorway. Mud is the worst!
    Boomer looks so cute, even muddy.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

It's tough... my kitchen looks like that for an average of 5-6 months a year (all spring & fall) even after wiping their feet off. We keep a whole stack on a shelf right next to the door (they might have more towels than we (the people) do. lol The love of dogs is worth the price of a muddy kitchen floor.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs View Post
    The love of dogs is worth the price of a muddy kitchen floor.
    You are exactly right!!!! A little mud is very annoying, but when the little mud monsters give you a little kiss and snuggle, it is all worth it!!!