Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellow Lab/Bassett Hound mix

Thats great!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys will be able to keep her and she will conquer her fears. Thanks for the update and thanks for ADOPTING rather than going to a breeder
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

toby

hello my name is amanda.i have a just turned 3 year old bassett hound and lab mix.my daughter wanted to get toby for her dad on fathers and she did.i laughed when we picked him out because he came running to us with such short legs.hes so cute and everyone has to stop and ask us what breed of dog he is.the first summer we had him we went camping and he was the center of attention and everyone fell in love with him.i just have to share this story.lol....one day we had toby in the van and we stopped by my moms.anyways this man walked by and commented on what a beautiful lab he is and so we had to show him the rest and this man laughed because he didnt realize he had such short legs.he is our pride and joy!!!!!!!!!!

hi! bassett/labs are sure interesting mixes and at one point i was helping my uncle find a dog and we were looking at a beautiful black lab/bassett hound but he didn't end up getting him

we are starting to think my dog rupert is a basset/lab/pit but we arent sure. we were thinking he had basset legs, because they are shorter than a pit's or a lab's legs. we really are not sure though.

if you think she is going to run off, maybe you should consider having an invisible or underground fence so she cannot run off. if you consider those cruel or mean, as some people do, you can try one of those chains that have a wire attached from a tree to tree and then a long chain coming down from it, so she can go further than from tree to tree, but not too far. you could also just put a pole in the ground and put a retractable leash, a 15-20 feet, and then block the top so the leash cannot come off, that's what my friend does with her husky.

good luck with your new addition and keep us updated.

EDIT: Oh! I didn't see your update, I am so glad you adopted her!

Just incase you guys didn't notice, this thread is almost 4 years old... I don't think the original poster even visits PT anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen and Misty
    Chewy my dog might be a mix between Australian Shepherd and we are pretty sure beagle. (not 100% sure though!) Everyone ask us why our beagle is not the troditional beagle colors. He looks like a Aussie in a beagle body. We at first thought Corgie, but his baying (howling) gave him away! hee hee. Chewy "hunts" cats, birds, bunnies, dogs, moles, chipmonks, bugs (his fav), my rats , almost anything! But If you say Chewy in your high squeky voice (lol) and clap your hands he stops the chase and will come back. I don't know how most hunting dogs are and if they will come back to you but because Chewy is a mix and he is not 100% beagle he will easly give up a good chase for some loveing from his mom or aunt.

We want pictures, pretty pretty please! Is it such a bad thing to have to have her on a leash to enjoy her comapny and love? i think not . So if you think this could be "the one" then go ahead and get the little lady, I know she will love you forever for it!

HAVE WE EVER SEEN CHEWY??? HEY... I LIKE TO SEE HER TOO!!!