Thread: Cinders

Cinders

I thank the Lord that you recognized Cinders' last call to you and that you gave her the kind of send-off that she truly wanted. You are apparently correct in saying that you and Cinders were soul mates because you were so perceptive of her needs. It is surely a blessing that you two were united for the final phase of her physical life. If you believe as I believe, you will see her when you reach the Rainbow Bridge. I have had many wonderful dogs in my life and I look forward to reuniting with them at the Rainbow Bridge. It doesn't really matter what pet you have, it matters that you bond and love each other.
    Our pets reflect our outlooks and attitudes.

Wow, can a parrot reach 75 years of age ?? That is almost like humans!!
    Cinder's story really touched my heart. What an intense and loving friendship you 2 had with each other...
    Thanks for including the picture movie!!
    Have a great POTD together with all our RB-pets, at the Rainbow Bridge
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 01-18-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Amazing Story

This is truly an amazing story. Animals are so wonderful and Cinders proved it. I did not know a parrot could live that old! Memories stay forever

Cinders

HI-WHAT A SWEET VIDEO! WOW-THAT IS A-LOT OF YEARS-WHICH I HAVE HEARD IS POSSIBLE WITH BIRDS. I AM SURE IT IS VERY DIFFICULT WITHOUT CINDERS-PHYSICALLY THAT IT. I BELIEVE CINDERS IS WITH YOU IN YOUR HEART STILLTHE LAST NIGHT THE TWO OF YOU WERE TOGETHER SOUNDS OBVIOUSLY INTENSELY BEAUTIFUL. THAT WAS ONE VERY SPECIAL PET AND ONE OUTTA-SIGHT BIRD NO DOUBT. THANK YOU FOR SHARING CINDERS WITH US. IT BRIGHTENS UP THE COLD AND VERY SNOWY UPSTATE NEW YORK/USA MORNING! GOD BLESS-SUSANSWATLIN518

Dear Cinders. I can’t imagine anyone not being incredibly touched, moved to tears, reading your story and learning of the deep bond of trust, friendship and unconditional love you shared with your Mom; truly, soul mates for life. Parrots are known for their amazingly long life spans, often out living their humans. But I wonder just how many of them were as fortunate as you, having known the unconditional love and dedication of a human guardian such as yours. You may have been a senior, in your golden years by the time you found your way to her, but no doubt during your relatively short time together, you did more living and loving than in all of your preceding decades.

The tears came as I read how your Mommy held you to her heart during your final hours as you prepared for your flight to the Bridge. And while it’s heartbreaking to think she no longer knows the joy of having you there with her in body, your spirit lives on in her heart, and the many happy memories you made together.

And now you’ve earned your other set of wings Cinders, your angel wings; gracing the Rainbow Bridge with your spunky personality, your spirit and your beauty. Soar high and free, healthy and whole again beautiful Cinders, until that happy day when you and your Mom are together once more, that day of joyful reunion at the Rainbow Bridge!

To the Mom of Cinders. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful, beloved Cinders with us; we’re so honored to memorialize her and her incredibly rich, long, life; all that she meant to you, and you to her. She truly was the pet of a lifetime, and how blessed you were to have had her in your life. And thank you so much for the video; oh, how precious. I’m so happy you have such “living memories” to turn to when you miss her most, to put a smile on your face. She certainly has lifted a lot of hearts here on Pet Talk today, put smiles on all of our faces.

God bless you beautiful Cinders, PET OF THE DAY, PET OF A LIFETIME!
    Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Cinders

What a wonderful story! My African Grey is 19 1/2 and I hope will have many more years.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    What an incredible and touching story. How fortunate that you found each other, and you were so in tune with her to know her final wishes. She certainly was your Pet of a Lifetime!
    RIP Cinders.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I have been told parrots can live over 100 years.

Cinders was such a beauty. And I also got teary eyed reading the story of her last night. And the video was great too.

Congrats on being honored today as our Pet of the Day, Cinders. I can tell your mommy really misses you.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a beauty Cinders was and so very special!!!

I'm so glad you had that special night together.
    I'm sure you will see each other again someday!!!

Congratulations, Cinders, sweetie, on being our special Pet of the Day!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone, I am Anne, the person who was so blessed to have Cinders in my life! I had no idea she had won POTD until i received an email off someone on youtube about it! I cried when i saw she had won, i was so very, very proud for her!
    I cant thank you all enough for your wonderful, heartwarming comments about mine and Cinders wonderful relationship, it certainly was incredibly close.
    Our last night together, I did know it was to be our last. I knew from the moment she spread her wings across my chest and layed her face on my neck. No bird wraps its wings around you for nothing. I think probably those rolling hours were the most precious we ever spent together. We both knew, we both understood.
    Her full story is here

http://petoftheday.com/archive/2009/January/18.html

Much love and peace to all,
    Annie (And Cinders) xxx

Sorry everyone, THIS was the link I ment to post then!
    http://www.precious-wings.com/cindersthebook.htm

Cinders life story x

Cinders

aw wot a lovely bird Cinders was..so glad you spent the final moments togther.>"< still tuff saying good bye though eh?...>"<

Just goes to show that with love and attention ALL animals show their little personalties .

Yes, I do miss her so very much, even now. She was such a character and LOVED it if she managed to make someone yell with one of her famous bites. The louder someone yelled, the louder she would cackle with laughter I did always warn people NOt to try and touch her, but when they saw her snuggled up to me like a baby, they often thought they knew better.... They soon learned tho! She was my adoring, wild old friend with an ever-ready beak, and I adored her!