Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kinda nervous about tomorrow

I made it! I'm here!

I've been here since 6:15am, lol! 2 hrs early, but it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Come on Jennie! You can do it!! I will use my mind powers to help you through the day.
    Well, it's 10:30 there now, so hopefully you are at work and getting back into the groove of things.
    In keeping w/Taz_Zoee's post, look into my Specs eyes. He says "All hail Specs! Fear my powers! Please...." If you find yourself getting ready to panic, just look at this pic. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    I made it! I'm here!

I've been here since 6:15am, lol! 2 hrs early, but it's all good.
    Woo Hoo!! You've made it over that hurdle. Now nothing can stop you!!
    Hang in there!!

Mary, love the pic of Specs. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

hallelujah!!!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Good for you, Jennie!!!! That's the hardest part for me. Once I'm there, I'm okay. Let us know how you're doing. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
    YOU GO GIRL!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I hope things went well today.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

More BIG HUGS!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I hope you have more good days Jennie! *HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm sorry I didn't see this post until just now. I haven't been on much this past week. I hope that today went really well!! It is so great that despite all that happened the day before, you got yourself ready and made it there. That is awesome.
    Not sleeping makes everything so much harder and I hope that you will be able to get a good rest tonight. I've been having trouble sleeping for a week or so and ended up going to the health food store and got a holistic sleep aid. Has stuff in it like wild lettuce and other weird things. The tablets smell awful but they really work. Sleep is so important and I hope that you will be able to get some soon.
    I'm sure the anxiety of the first day back was keeping you up but now that you made it back to work, I hope you will feel less stressed. I can imagine that the first day back was scary. It's almost like starting a new job, the first day is always the hardest. I hope that people were supportive and welcoming today. Even if the day itself wasn't great, give yourself a big HUG because you DID IT!!! It's over and I hope each day gets a bit easier. {{HUGS}}

hope things are going well!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'm back again this AM. 2 hrs early again, lol. I wasn't really nervous this AM, I just had slept 6hrs and couldn't sleep any longer, so I got up again and just got ready. Listened to talk radio, then decided I'll just stop for OJ and I needed tissues for school, so ran into Walgreens on my way to work.

Some of the comments I got yesterday were really funny. I have a group of girls that are just too darn sweet, and too darn mature for their ages in 7th grade. They came barreling up to me when I had lunch duty (woooot! not!), and practially knocked me over. Then they proceded to ask whether I had been "chillin at home wit your man". Ummmmm.... unless my man is short and furry, nope!! The other, was of course I expected this one, had I gone out really early and not told anyone that I was pregnant. Um... again, no. You have to be having sex for that to happen, and that hasn't happened for, geez... don't remind me how long, lol. (I didn't say THAT to the kids though, don't worry!!!)

So, the kids were great, most of the teachers were great, although there were some who had NO IDEA that I was even out. Granted they are in the other end of the building, but GEEZ!!! Do you read the announcements where it says who is out? Do you notice when there is a strange person in the building that you've never seen before? Do you go to the library? (I guess we know THAT answer). But, the people that matter made it known that they were glad I am back and that they missed me.

The one comment that I got that made me teary, and I wanted to beat him for it, was my friend John. He's one of our custodians, and he asked how I was doing (after giving me a hug to take the wind out of me), and he says "Who do you love? Come on, who do you love?" and the thing is, he doesn't want you to say you love him (well, I lie, yes he does, lol), but he wants you to admit that you love yourself. That you are number one in your life. It's hard to say it. It's really hard for me to say it. I put so many other people first, but I know that I do have to put me first. I love John for keeping me balance like that, he's really a great friend.

Anyway, those are just some of the things from day 1. Day 2 is here, and I'm ready to go. Glad it is friday, because tonight I'm going to relax, have some pizza and maybe start writing down why I love teaching, and also why I should love me. What those other people told me why they were happy I was back, and how much they care about me. It is good to know, and a very reassuring feeling.

So.... that's all for now. Gonna get ready for kids coming in about an hour, so will do some reading and straightening up until then.

Glad things went well yesterday. Here is to another good day!

Keep hanging in there, Jennie!! You're giving me more strength every day. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Have a great Friday!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

How did day 2 go?