Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm's Not Feeling Well-Update 1-23-09

Storm's Not Feeling Well-Update 1-23-09

For the past few days Storm hasn't been finishing his food and he's been sleeping much more than usual. Last night he was hiding some where in my bedroom for quite a while. He finally came out of hiding. I knew then that he wasn't feeling well. This morning he refused to eat both is canned food and dry food. He would eat his pill pocket with his pill in it though. He's on the generic form of prozac.

He has an appointment with a different vet this morning at 9:30am. My vet works from Sun.-Wed. but Mondays are her surgery days and then she's off to a conference on Tues. and Wed. Last time he refused to eat it was because of his teeth. He had a dental cleaning last year in May and had two small teeth removed. I wonder if his teeth are bothering him again. Please send some prayers and positive vibes his way. Thanks in advance.

I also have to work today. I know that a lot of people have today off but not me.
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 01-23-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Lots of positive vibes are winging their way to wonderful Storm. The girls have there paws crossed too that nothing major is wrong.

Prayers headed your way from Mary and the Fur Posse. We're hopeful that all will be well w/Storm. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    For the past few days Storm hasn't been finishing his food and he's been sleeping much more than usual. Last night he was hiding some where in my bedroom for quite a while...
    Oh these are the signs! I hope your new vet finds soon what's wrong with him and I hope he'll be ok in no time.

Sorry that Storm isn't feeling well. I will keep him in my prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Aww, I hope Storm is feeling better soon. It's so stressful when one of the babies is not feeling good.

I would be at work today if I could move. My back/neck is killing me. Trust me, I'd rather be at work.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Storm...

I'm sorry to hear your Storm isn't feeling well...Poor sweetie Isn't it awful when one of our babies is sick? It's almost as bad as when a child is sick...(Of course, our purr babies are like our kids, aren't they?)
    Hopefully the vet can find the problem quickly, and Storm will be on the mend soon!

Hugs and Prayers for Storm!

Judy
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

Hope it's nothing serious, and that the vet will have an easy fix to make Storm feel all better!

Hugs and scritchies to Storm, and hugs to you as well!

Chin rubs, Storm. Hope the vet can find a reason you don't feel well, and that the reason is an easy fix. MWAH!

Oh no! I hope he feels better soon.

I hope Storm gets to feeling better very soon. Let us know what the vet says.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Thanks for all of your nice replies. Storm was such a good boy today. The vet techs loved him and thought he was a very handsome boy. One vet tech held him while the other one took some blood and he was so good that they gave him some baby food. He loved it.

The vet used an ultra sound machine to help her guide a needle into Storm's bladder for a urinalysis and she was able to get plenty of urine without any problems. Storm just laid back and was such a good boy. I waited about 15-20 minutes to find out his urinalysis results and they were normal.

The vet called me this afternoon at work and said that his blood work is also normal and looks great. The last few times that he had blood work done his calcium level was above the normal range and now she said that it's still a bit high but it's the high end of the normal range so it's improved.

He does have some gingivitis but it didn't seem bad enough to stop him from eating. We both now think that it's the generic prozac that he's on that's causing him to be more lethargic and to decrease his appetite. She said that some of the side effects can be anorexia and lethargy. He's been taking 1/4 of a tablet for a little over 6 weeks now. Starr is also taking this amount but he's also on pred so his appetite is fine.

Now I'm going to try weaning Storm off of the prozac to see if this will help improve his energy level and appetite. If he still doesn't improve then it still might be his teeth and we'll try giving him some pain meds to see if this helps. He just had a dental cleaning in May so we both don't really think that this is the cause. Please send Storm some positive vibes. I sure hope that the prozac is causing this so he can be his normal self again. I guess I'll just have to live with his grumpiness from now on. Thanks again.

Tonight he was able to eat some of his canned food and then later he had a good long drink out of his water bowl. I hope this means he's on the road to recovery.

Is there a different med that you could try? Medusa is a big fan of Clomicalm - it doesn't zone her kitties out.

I also use a "Feliway Collar" - Oscar wears a very stretchy collar, and I shake the bottle of Feliway and put a squirt into it in the morning. Storm might need three squirts a day.

My vet told me the patent has come off Feliway, so it's almost half the price it used to be!

Or - maybe once he is weaned off the Prozac, he will have the habit of being calmer.

Glad he was so good at the vet - what a sucky boy!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks for your update. It's great news that his bloodwork and urinalysis tests are within normal. And what a good boy he was!

I hope his teeth aren't bothering him and that he will continue to eat and drink. Hopefully, weaning him off the Prozac will help, too!

Fister and I are sending lots of positive thoughts, kisses and purrs.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh, I'm so glad his tests came back normal. Maybe he was just under the weather for a few days. I hope he continues to improve! Give him some kisses for me!