Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Ripley - He's Better! Update #95

Prayers for Ripley - He's Better! Update #95

Poor Ripley isn't feeling too well. He has kidney failure and I'm worried it may be that. We gave him some sub-q fluids here at home this morning and I'm watching him to see if that helps. He's resting now. I'm hoping he can make it till morning to see his vet but if needed we will go to the emergency vet sooner.

Please say a prayer for my old boy. He will be 17 years old in about 6 weeks on March 2. I'd like to celebrate one more birthday with him.

Here's a picture of sleepy Grandpa from last week.
    Last edited by jazzcat; 01-25-2009 at 02:59 PM.

From Decker with Love

Dear Ripley, you know that we are all praying for you. We love you and want only the best for you.

Jazzcat,
    Please know that many prayers are already being prayed for sweet Ripley and for you as well. If he's up for it, please give Ripley plenty of feel better scritchies and lovies from me? [[[[[HUGS]]]]] being sent for you too.
    Please let us know what your vet has to say?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

We'll be thinking of Ripley.

I hope the sub-qs do it another time. When they are in kidney failure they are also prone to all kind of infections and don't have much energy to fight them.
    Ripley- don't you want to have another birthday? Come on, please.

Prayers being said for dear Ripley. I hope he'll be fine and is just having an "off" day.

Hugs to you!

Oh sweetheart, you know you are one of my favourites. Please, please, please hang on until that next birthday.

Loads of cuddles to you, gorgeous.

Oh poor Ripley. I hope he'll hang on and the sub-q fluids will help. Hopefully the vet can do something more tomorrow!

Sending lots of positive thoughts to Ripley.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

OH NO, NOT OUR DEAR OLD FRIEND RIPLEY.
    ALL MY CATS , ESPECIALLY MY SENIOR KITTYZENS WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIER MEDICAL ORDEALS, SEND THIER PRAYERS TO DEAR RIPLEY. AND OUR SENIOR ANGELS ARE BRINGING HIM WARM SAND AND TREATS FROM TAHITI TO MAKE HIM FEEL BETTER.
    HES SUCH A VERY GOOD CAT, WE PRAY THAT YOUR WHITE COAT CAN HELP HIM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Aw Ripley....., h is such a handsome cat!! Is he a main coon?
    Prayers on their way to Ripley
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Dearest Lori and Ripley, i am keeping all fingers and paws crossed here, that he picks up, i know what it is like, Ash is in kidney failure too, one day they look real bad and the next they pick up, i am only hoping it is the same this time around,thinking of you and sending you HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thanks everyone. Just a quick update. He hasn't moved from his spot since about noon today. I have him snuggled up warm but I noticed he has started drooling. I haven't been able to get him to eat anything today but I will try to entice him with some fresh cooked chicken in a little bit. I'm also amazed at how quickly his sub-q "bubble" went down. He must have been pretty dehydrated.

Lut - yes he is part Maine Coon.

Please keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming.

From Decker with Love

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of the handsome Ripley.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

More prayers for Ripley.

Just another quick update. I finally got him to eat a few bites of his food plus a soft treat, drink a little water and then I carried him to the litter box and he made a small pee biscuit. Now he's in his favorite hiding spot near a heat vent sleeping. As long as he doesn't take a turn for the worse I think we can make it till morning to see the vet.

I really started to worry when he wouldn't eat earlier but now I think he feels a little better from the fluids.

From Decker with Love