Thread: New Rat? *she's home!*

New Rat? *she's home!*

For those who don't know I have six rats. I am hopefully adding a seventh one to my gang.

My friend's sister got two rats from a bad breeder about a year ago. One of them (named Delilah) passed away at a young age so she got a different rat from a pet store to keep Daisy company. The new rat is named Cookie. Sometime in the summer Daisy passed away from the same thing as her sister. Cookie was left to live by herself. Recently my friend realized that her sis wasn't taking care of Cookie. From what my friend told me she had lost a lot of weight, she was on a bad diet when she was being fed, never got play time out of her cage, cage was dirty, rat was bored out of her mind, she was in a small cage and of course she was alone. So my friend has been taking care of her for a little less then a week now but she can't take care of a rat now. I was able to convince my parents to let me get her.

Now her sister is hesitant to adopt out to me because I refuse to pay $95 for her and her stuff. I have a cage and plenty of extra supplies for her until she can move in with my group. My friend explained things to their parents and they have talked to her so my friend will let me know by the end of today. I am willing to buy a few toys off of her if that will make her happy, besides it will give Cookie something familiar in her new home.

Here is a picture of her:

And one of my gang for the heck of it:

I hope she lets me have Cookie right now all this person cares about is how much she can make off of her.
    Last edited by Christmas_Hamster; 01-18-2009 at 04:17 PM.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

I hope it works out for you.

How many rats are your limit? And how many can be in a gang?
    I don't know much about rats but I think it's nice that they are social, one thing you can not say about Syrian Hamsters

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

That's sad.
    Fingers crossed you get Cookie.I know she will have a wonderful spoiled home with you
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I myself can technically have 11-12 rats because I have a large ferret cage (ferret nation 142). I think persoanlly though I could handle maybe 8-10 rats. The only thing that really limits how amny rats can be together is the owner not being able to handle as many and cages not being big enough. I know one woman who has had groups upward of 19 or so. Yes they are the opposite of syrians when it comes to being social. Thanks vinjashira

Thanks zippy. I am getting so stressed and nervous about this whole thing. >.<

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

I am picking her up in about 45 mins!! =D I will tell you when she is fianlly home!!

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_Hamster View Post
    I am picking her up in about 45 mins!! =D I will tell you when she is fianlly home!!
    YES!
    I am so happy you got her.
    Now she is going to have a real home
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

She's home!!!!! She is soo friendly too. I have already gotten kisses and she has come and sat on my shoulder. =D

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

Congrats to you and to your new rattie. She'll be happy to get into a better home.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton