Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Great news about Simon

Quote Originally Posted by janelle View Post
    I am waiting for my hubby to come home to take Simon to the vets to be put to sleep. He started throwing up the food we force fed him as well. I told my hubby to leave him alone and let him rest.

The vet knew nothing about slippery elm so didn't want us to try it with his other meds. He spent last night in the corner in our bedroom where the heat vent comes out. He is there now.

We got him hydrated before Christmas so we would have him with us but the vet will be out this weekend so do not want him to get bad when they are gone.

I would just let him be here until he died but I am not sure what he will go through. He might have a seizure and we would not know what to do for him. I hope this is the best way.
    It is the best way, truly. You're doing the unselfish thing for Simon instead of keeping him around for your sake. I just had to do this w/one of my cats, Pidgie, last week so I know the pain you're experiencing. We all do here on PT. I'm sorry for you and for sweet Simon but you're doing the last act of kindness for him. He'll love you even more for it. (((HUGS)))
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm sorry for you all, but you know when it's time for poor Simon to rest in peace, and so does he. Prayers for you and the poor baby...
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am such a coward I do not want to go in with him. I guess I should try to be with him. He is such a sweet cat. What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by janelle View Post
    I am such a coward I do not want to go in with him. I guess I should try to be with him. He is such a sweet cat. What would you do?
    Go. Do it for Simon. You won't regret it. He'll go so much more peacefully knowing that the people who love him are w/him, helping him cross the Bridge. It's painful for you but it'll be more painful later if you have regrets. And it won't be physically painful for Simon. He'll just drift off peacefully to sleep. Go. Your vet will let you hold him, stroke him and tell him it's alright, that you love him and will miss him but it's ok to go. Go, Janelle. I do understand how you feel, I promise. I've done it many times and it never gets any easier but our cats were w/us during our hard times and now it's our turn to be w/them for their final journey.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Go. Do it for Simon. You won't regret it. He'll go so much more peacefully knowing that the people who love him are w/him, helping him cross the Bridge. It's painful for you but it'll be more painful later if you have regrets. And it won't be physically painful for Simon. He'll just drift off peacefully to sleep. Go. Your vet will let you hold him, stroke him and tell him it's alright, that you love him and will miss him but it's ok to go. Go, Janelle. I do understand how you feel, I promise. I've done it many times and it never gets any easier but our cats were w/us during our hard times and now it's our turn to be w/them for their final journey.
    Sorry this response has to be short but please go. I agree with everything that Mary said. You won't regret spending his last minutes on earth with him.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9866940
    Candle lit.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Well I did go, I'm so glad, thank you. Suddenly I got calm about it and I took him. The vet was good and we went into a room to wait for him. The vet came in and asked us if we were sure that was what we wanted to do. I said, well there isn't anything else we can do to help him, he won't eat and is fading.

The vet shaved a small place on his arm and put in the med. The tech was there with him. Simon laid down as if to sleep and was gone within 30 seconds. We told them we didn't want the body so they will take care if it.

I think my hubby took it worse than I did. He cried and said he didn't know it would be so hard. I guess I have been saying goodbye to Simon for the last few days and my hubby has been busy with other things.

Thank you slick---that is the sweetest thing in the world for us now. Hugs

When we got home my hubby threw out all Simon's meds so as not to remember how sick he was. Now we will have only one cat, Chianti, and she will wonder where Simon went. My hubby is not ready to think about getting another cat in the Spring so we need to grieve Simon for awhile.

Thank you everybody for the kind words and prayers. It helped us a lot during this sad time.

I am always sending people here when they say their animals have died or sick but I never knew I would need to come here for that so soon. I am so grateful for this site.

I'm so sorry to hear that Simon has passed on but you did the right thing. He'll be missed but never forgotten. RIP sweet boy.

The first time I put down one of my cats,RB Pepper, I was too chicken to be with him so I left the room. Now I've always regretted it. I did stay with Starr and I'll continue to be with any other cat or animal that I have to put to sleep. I'm glad that you decided to be there with him.

{{{{hugs}}}} Rest peacefully and play happy at the Bridge, dear Simon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I knew you could do it. We're always stronger than we give ourselves credit for. Simon will take a nice rest and then be strong and healthy and play hard again and you helped him get to that beautiful place. RIP, Simon and peace to your humans.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Looking at the time line of this post it has been almost a year since I started it. Simon had stomach problems before as well but the last year was hit or miss for us. He would get better than go back to his problems. It's still hard and we miss him so much already.

I keep wanting to call him. He always came when I called his name and whistled for him. He was a loving cat and would nip my chin sometimes to give me love bites. He liked to be around us but not a clingy kitty and would refuse to sit on our laps. I think he was claustrophobic. He never wanted to be covered up unless he crawled under a blanket himself.

Our other cat is nice but she is not a man's cat. She doesn't want to be played with and is timid. I think my hubby will miss Simon's playfullness. Maybe in the Spring I can talk him into finding another male cat who likes to play.