Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winston

Winston

My mom took Winston to the vet this morning to be put to sleep. I wanted to go, too, but mom said she'd rather be alone with him. Last night he flooded the bed in his sleep (he was in kidney failure), and this morning he took a terrible turn. He wouldn't move, wouldn't eat, and while he was just as ill as he had been the last time he'd done this, he didn't have that usual "don't worry guys, I'll pull through!" look in his eyes anymore. This time it was just a look of complete sorrow and sadness, and we knew we couldn't keep on trying to help him (to no avail) anymore and that today was his time to go. He was with us for almost four years -- undoubtedly the best four years of his life. We got him March 27th, 2005.

He would have been 11 years old in June. That's pretty good for an older rescued Dobe! He was a fantastic dog. He had his quirks, but he was the sweetest, kindest dog there ever was. Nothing ever bothered him and he took everything in stride. He changed so many people's minds about Dobermans, and was always the favourite dog of visitors/friends. He was the first dog we'd ever adopted, and because of him, we'd gladly do it again.

While today is incredibly sad for all of us, having lost a wonderful member of the family, I have to say that it is also the easiest loss we've ever had. There are no regrets, no "what ifs"... nothing like that. We'd done everything that we could have for him, he lived 8 months longer than expected, and we knew without a doubt this morning that letting him go was for the best.

I´m so sorry.... he was a stunning representative of his breed... and a lovely companion

play hard at the RB Winston, you´ll be deeply missed by many
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I'm so sorry to hear about Winston, I always thought he was a great looking dog. RIP Handsome boy! Run with you sister Tango, and all the other PT doggies up there.

I'm so sorry he's gone. But just as you said, he had a great life and he was ready to go.

Rest easy now Winston.
    You'll be missed.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I am so sorry.He lived a wonderful life with you.
    Rest in Peace Winston
    Play hard at the RB.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I am so very sorry, Devan. Even though your family knew the time was coming and that it was the right thing to do, the loss will be great. Hugs to all of you. Winston, please find our beautiful Tango at the bridge and keep her company.

Oh boy, here I go again with the tears. Twice today.

Winston was such a beautiful Dobe. And his face just looked like he was such a good calm boy. As others said, he and Tango are together at the bridge as well as the other PT pets that have recently gone.

RIP Winston
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Rest in peace, handsome boy.

I'm so sorry to hear about Winston. Have fun at the bridge sweet boy, we'll miss you.

Devan, I am so terribly sorry to hear about Winston. He was such a beautiful, sweet and one of the best Dobies out there. Play hard at the bridge with Tango, buddy... you will be missed!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Rest in peace, Winston. Go find my Sheba Dog up there, will you? Dad always thought she might be part Doberman, and part German Shepherd. She's been there a long time now, and is the smartest dog I've ever known, so she'll know all the good place to nap, and where to find the best treats, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so very sorry for your loss. RIP handsome Winston.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Oh, my heart is full. Winston has been a favorite of mine for awhile. What a majesty. I am grateful to hear that you feel peace in the decision. Godspeed, beautiful dog.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I'm so sorry about Winston.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

You're free from pain and illness now, regal Winston. We'll all miss you terribly but you'll always be in our hearts. Tango will be glad to see you. Thanks for being such an excellent boy!

I've been Boooo'd!